Dod

Need to take decision today for case transfer

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

My Case is CC, and awaiting for interview for Cairo embassy.. which seems to take long time.. I am resident in UAE.. and contacted the UAE embassy ,and they said they are happy to receive my case and expide the interview (because my wife is pregnant and due to deliver and need my support)... However, they said, it also depends on how fast the NVC will be to transfer the case from Cairo to UAE. I am worried if I request transfer the NVC takes long time.. longer than waiting for interview in Cairo.. Any suggestions??

Also how to request form NVC the transfer.. by Phone or Email?

Thanks in Advance

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Libya
Timeline

I reviewed Cairo wait times because considered going there instead of Tunisia.... Then I saw how long it was taking and decided against!

How long has it already been at Cairo?

It can take a few days if it is electronic transfer but you'll have to call NVC and find out. If it isn't electronic, you might want to just wait it out if you've already been waiting a couple of months. If only waiting a short time then I'd transfer.

19-Sept-14: I-129F Delivered

23-Sept-14: NOA1 (I-797C ~ Texas Lockbox accepted I-129F)

24-Sept-14: NOA1 (E-mail & Text)

Sent to California Service Center

3-Nov-14: Requested expedite by mailed letter with UN Human Rights Reports (Humanitarian Situation)

14-Nov-14: NOA2 (I-129F Petition Approved ~ E-mail & Text)

1-Dec-14: NVC Received Case

2-Dec-14: NVC Case Number Assigned

9-Dec-14: Embassy Received

3-Feb-15: "Package 3" Received/Turned In

25-Feb-15: "Package 4" - Received Interview Date

19-Mar-15: Interview ~ Approved

27-Mar-15: Visa Issued

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

hello DOD

I am almost in the same situation now, i have requested NVC to change my interview location from Amman Jordan to Riyadh KSA, and i have been waiting for ever.

the very first email that i sent them was on 13 January 2015, after two months they replied stating that they want my current address.

of course i have translated my residence permit and submitted it in my first email.

they are extremely slow to transfer it from one embassy to another. so you need to take into consideration that you might have to wait for at least 2 months.

it is your call. and yes you have to request this by email.

Good luck.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

hello DOD

I am almost in the same situation now, i have requested NVC to change my interview location from Amman Jordan to Riyadh KSA, and i have been waiting for ever.

the very first email that i sent them was on 13 January 2015, after two months they replied stating that they want my current address.

of course i have translated my residence permit and submitted it in my first email.

they are extremely slow to transfer it from one embassy to another. so you need to take into consideration that you might have to wait for at least 2 months.

it is your call. and yes you have to request this by email.

Goodarrow-10x10.png luck.

Thank you.. In my case.. the case is already completed for review.. Do you think it makes a difference.

Study this spread sheet... https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtbvTEwLyHz1dEhlZjdKczRMRmJrSnc5MTk1SkVrYVE#gid=0

For me, I would go with UAE....Egypt is a high fraud country. Interviews seem to be slow to schedule interviews recently and many people seem to get stuck in extended AP. However, some people do not have problems. in the end, you have to make the decision that is best for your family.

Call the NVC to find out the best way to transefer a case.

Edited by Moustafa/Crystal

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hi I'm in a similar position. On March 31 I sent the NVC an email requesting a change of embassy from France to Switzerland (I live on the border and we have residence permits for both countries). They said that it will take 60 days to do this! In the meantime, as of yesterday my case is already CC and we are awaiting an interview in Paris.

I talked to a rep at the NVC yesterday, and she said that I basically cannot do anything to speed things up or inadvertently slow them down at this point. If the NVC reads my mail prior to interview being assigned--then they will switch my case to Switzerland. If we get an interview assigned in Paris before they read the mail--then the case will go to Paris, and I can either do the interview there, or request that they send the case to Bern.

It's very frustrating, since the case has not actually been sent anywhere yet it would be SO much easier if they can just send it to Switzerland.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

I am really frustrated, every time they ask for something and i reply back to them on the same day, it takes them again another 60 days to read my reply!!

I dont know what is the issue there, and the last email that i have received from them, they wrote the following:

"The correspondence submitted is currently under review. An appropriate action will be taken once this review is completed."

I dont know how long would it take them to review and approve it.

At the mean time i have sent them my whole documents by postal mail even thou they didnt approve it. and if they dont then i will have to send them a scan copy by EMAIL again and wait for another 60 days, this thing really messed me up!!!!!!!

my PD is 18/October/2013.

best regards.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Same boat here. CC 3/27 and the case was waiting interview from Montreal. We sent the email back in February to change the embassy and basically now wish we hadn't done so. Although comjplete, now we are waiting for them to change the location which we are unable to get any kind of time frame for. :cry: We were so close...and we were hoping they would not review the email prior to a scheduled interview date. Bummer.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.