MakeLoveLive

Medical Exam/London Embassy Letter/Email with Case Number Help

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi all :)

I have just booked my medical exam & i got a confirmation email & it said to bring "A Letter/Email from the embassy with your case number and the visa category confirmed"

My fiancée called up the NVC and they gave us our LND case number.

Me & my fiancée have been keeping good track on our K1 petition which is currently in transit and is scheduled to arrive at the London embassy tomorrow.

So with that being said do I need to have a email/letter from the London Embassy it's self stating the case number/visa category confirmed? Or can a official letter/email from the NVC be acceptable as well? because we contacted the NVC and they are sending out to us a email/letter stating our case number/visa category confirmation

I'm just wondering because I want to make sure I have everything with me before the medical exam. We we're told it would be a couple weeks wait when booking a medical exam however surprisingly there was an opening in 5 days for a appointment.

Thank you very much for your help and knowledge

Some posters have mentioned taking a screen shot of their case number on the CEAC website to the medical. Others have said they don't ask for any official documentation and take your case number verbally. We had packet 3 by the time Kas had his medical, so we naturally took that.

-Christopher (P/USC)

Removal of Conditions Timeline

• 11 SEPTEMBER 2017 (MONDAY) - FILE I-751 TO CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER

I had mine two weeks ago and my case hasn't left the NVC yet. I took along confirmation of my DS-260 (I'm a CR1 applicant). What they require is simply something that confirms both your case number and immigration preference category (in your case, K1).

Now chronicling my experience in handy blog format at

http://the-shipping-forecast.tumblr.com/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

I was there yesterday for my medical and they didn't ask for anything. You need to know your case number so you can enter it on the forms you need to complete, but no evidence was requested.

Lee & William

8/2/2014 - Sent I-129F Petition with USPS by Express Mail    
8/4/2014 - I-129F delivered to dropbox    8/6/2014 - NOA1 Text/E-Mail received    8/11/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed (Text/E-Mail) / NOA1 Letter received by Mail    3/16/2015 - NOA2 Text/E-Mail received (224 days)    3/20/2015 - Sent to NVC    3/31/2015 - NVC Received    4/1/2015 - Case Number Assigned       4/7/2015 - NVC Sent to Embassy    4/10/2015 - London Embassy Received    4/11/2015 - Medical     4/15/2015 - Packet 3 Received    4/12/2015 - Packet 3 Sent    4/23/2015 - Packet 4 Received    5/18/2015 - Interview - APPROVED     5/30/2015 - Visa collected from courier    6/1/2015 - POE    6/14/2015 - Wedding 💍💍

I wouldn't worry about it. Maybe they don't trust enough to think people know their visa type or number. They will not send you away without a paper confirmation. If you get your number wrong, then you suffer the consequences of the embassy getting a medical with the wrong case number and having to sort that out.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.