Doug B

Filing I-912 Request for Fee Waiver with N-400 Naturalization form, based on means-tested benefit, and was returned twice!

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Yes, I agree with you partially. But you just omit the facts that there are cases people cannot afford their lives with minimum wages if they have dependents to take care. Lazy people are shameful but if a person cannot actually afford their life then welfare should be obtained.

If they can't afford their life on a minimum wage job, then they can't do it on welfare either. Cause they are about the same. In KY it's 721/month. Now if you work 40 hr @ $7.25/hr, that's 1225.70 before tax. Take out 20% for taxes and that leaves you with 911 dollars.

event.png

Hhm, I did not say that welfare will give you whatever you need, friend. It is just the supplementary help from the government. And if you still cannot see my points here then I could not go any further in this discussion.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Hhm, I did not say that welfare will give you whatever you need, friend. It is just the supplementary help from the government. And if you still cannot see my points here then I could not go any further in this discussion.

Supplementary! Thank you! Yet in most cases people don't work cause they don't wanna lose the check.. Do u see where I'm getting?

event.png

I see that you are talking about the welfare abuse and yes I am also not advocating for that because we pay taxes for the abuser. My point here is if people have enough proof to get fee waiver they should get the fee waived. The OP should get her fee waived because she is eligible for that. I also that if a lot of people abuse that waiver, consequently USCIS will raise the fee to cover their operation but that is how life goes. Again I just want to make clear that eligible person should get their fee waived else government should not implement I-912.

Filed: Timeline

Okay people- I am going to politely request that you take your discussion about welfare and mean tested benefits and citizenship and whatever else that has nothing to do with what the OP inquired about -specifically advice about why his wifes 912 was denied and what further proof he can send- and move yourselves into OFF TOPIC.

Honestly now- you all are being extremely rude in hijacking this thread.

Filed: Timeline

Okay so here is some info about the fee waivers.

Im kind of curious as to what is the program you are using to try to qualify. You dont need to disclose it- its just odd that you purposely seemed to omit it in your post. Doesnt matter though.

In the link below youll see there is some info about what is a means tested benefit etc etc and how if its not a popular known one to include info about it- references to websites, pamphlets etc. Seems like you did that with your letter of explanation, but perhaps more could be added on that end.

Also a bit curious as to why you bolded the word YOU in your post in their response. You did not prove YOU receive the benefit. Was that somehow extra highlighted? Was it a list of choices and that was selected and other things was not? Was it typed in? Circled? Or was it a form letter. Im just trying to see if this is your interpretation of the response (a form letter) or a specific response. Because obviously something is wrong here if twice its been sent in and sent back...

Theres also specific mention of checking off one box on the application- and being able to check off more then one box depending on how you want to qualify.

Perhaps you should just check off multiple boxes. (?)

http://www.uscis.gov/forms/tips-filing-form-i-912-request-fee-waiver

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Comment deleted.

Okay people- I am going to politely request that you take your discussion about welfare and mean tested benefits and citizenship and whatever else that has nothing to do with what the OP inquired about -specifically advice about why his wifes 912 was denied and what further proof he can send- and move yourselves into OFF TOPIC.

Honestly now- you all are being extremely rude in hijacking this thread.

Sorry! I saw this after I posted my previous comment.
Good advice.

Edited by JimmyHou

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.