7 posts in this topic

Greetings everyone,

I sent my package (I-485, I-130, I-131, I-765) a few weeks ago. I received four emails acknowledging the receipts of these forms and they assigned a receipt number for each of these forms.

Yesterday I found four letters in my PO Box:

Form I-797C, Notice of Action for I-130 (petition for Alien Relative)

Form I-797C, Notice of Action for I-485 (Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status)

Form I-797C, Notice of Action for I-765 (Application for Employment Authorization)

Form I-797C, Notice of Action for my Biometrics Appointment.

I am missing the NOA for I-131. On my Biometrics Appointment, they only mention I-485 and I-765. "Case type I-485 - I-765". At the bottom, the barcode reads only for I-485 and I-765. In other words, the reference for my case numbers exclude the I-131 one. Is this normal?

Do I need to panic or do I wait a few more days for the I-131 NOA to arrive?

Your opinion is most welcome!

I-765 and I-131 will be a combo card. I-131 does not need biometric that is why you saw I-485 and I-765.

The NOA1 for I-131 might come later.

New Journey AOS:

My fiancee came to US on the 8th of March, 2014 under K-1 visa at Newark, NJ Airport for POE.

Applied Social Security Number on the 10 of March, 2014.

Married on the 13th of March, 2014.

Sent I-485, I-765, and I-131 on the 15th of March, 2014.

Received EAD on June 7, 2014.

Received Notice of Potential Interview Waiver on July 1, 2014 date 6/27

Contacted Ombudsman on 01/12/2015.

Ombudsman contacted USCIS on 02/20/2015.

Ombudsman sent a follow up to USCIS on 03/18/2015.

I-485 approved on 03/31/2015 ( we ordered your card).

Welcome notice was mailed on 04/01/2015.

Received Welcome Notice on 04/08/2015.

Card was mailed to me/picked up by USPS on 04/08/2015.

Received GC on 4/10/2015.

Prediction 04/08/2015

Any idea why for some people EAD is not reentry to the US whereas for others it is? I don't want to finally receive the EAD and then see that I won't be able to use it to travel.

Note: I have attached pictures of EADs which allows and forbids entry to the US.

post-204765-0-96009300-1428352362_thumb.jpgpost-204765-0-04011800-1428352344_thumb.jpg

Annoying iPad...

Because one applys I-131 and other does not.

New Journey AOS:

My fiancee came to US on the 8th of March, 2014 under K-1 visa at Newark, NJ Airport for POE.

Applied Social Security Number on the 10 of March, 2014.

Married on the 13th of March, 2014.

Sent I-485, I-765, and I-131 on the 15th of March, 2014.

Received EAD on June 7, 2014.

Received Notice of Potential Interview Waiver on July 1, 2014 date 6/27

Contacted Ombudsman on 01/12/2015.

Ombudsman contacted USCIS on 02/20/2015.

Ombudsman sent a follow up to USCIS on 03/18/2015.

I-485 approved on 03/31/2015 ( we ordered your card).

Welcome notice was mailed on 04/01/2015.

Received Welcome Notice on 04/08/2015.

Card was mailed to me/picked up by USPS on 04/08/2015.

Received GC on 4/10/2015.

Prediction 04/08/2015

Filed: Timeline

If you have the receipt number then you have nothing to worry about- they got your application and its being processed. You should be able to track it online (hopefully- sometimes the online system is funny).

Having the hardcopy receipt for the 131 or rather not receiving the hardcopy receipt for that form is not a big deal. We didnt get ours- granted this was a long time ago, and I tried to get them to send us another copy and it was a waste of time. After talking to several people they just confirmed they had the application and were working on it and advised us to check with the post office that it might have gotten 'separated' from the other letters. We did and it wasnt. Then it was- check with the neighbors maybe it got put in their mail, we did and it wasnt. Then it was we will send that dept a message and request a duplicate receipt be sent. It never came. Then it was- oh we checked and that message went to that dept and they responded with -we are not sending a duplicate receipt because we are working on processing the card so a receipt is not necessary- wait for the card. Bah.

You never need the receipt for anything, so dont worry about it.

As long as you have the receipt number- you know it was received and is being processed. Thats all that matters.

And like the poster above said- not everyone applies for the combo card. Some get just work, some get just travel, some get the combo card. You can find examples of all the cards online.

When you do get the card- the paperwork will state the card does not guarantee your entry back into the US. This is because you (generally speaking its a form letter to everyone) may have pending issues (like a ban) preventing your re-entry. Its up to you to know if you have one. They issue to the card to anyone who asks for it. Its up to you to know if you should use it or not.

Wow, that's quite a story Damara! You are right, as long as I got a case number, it's still good.

The I-131 asks for the Physical Address only, where they will mail the card. All our letters are delivered to a Post Office Box. I wrote a letter, asking them to send all correspondence to the Mailing Address and attached it the form I-131. I think they did not pay attention to it.

• 1 month later...

Update, for info:

I got the I-797C of I-131 yesterday, two weeks after calling USCIS and asking them to mail all correspondance to my P.O. Box. Initially they sent it to the physical address and the letter was returned to them as the post office could not deliver it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.