13 posts in this topic

So I've got my medical interview booked for the Toronto location on the 9th and I'm just wondering for people who have gone there or even if you know the answer to this.. the 300 fee, in Canadian dollars correct? haha I feel like it's a dumb question I just want to be sure!

$300 for X-Ray and over all medical.

All vaccinations are free at your family doctor :D boy Ill miss Canadian health care :(

I have a medical appointment on Jun 29th....get rest of my vaccinations at my family doctor a week before the appt.

So I've got my medical interview booked for the Toronto location on the 9th and I'm just wondering for people who have gone there or even if you know the answer to this.. the 300 fee, in Canadian dollars correct? haha I feel like it's a dumb question I just want to be sure!

So Medisys in Toronto is actually valid and acceptable at the US consulate now? Previously I heard from the forum that Medisys medicals are only allowed from Montreal.

By the way,, what is the turnaround time for results for Medisys in Toronto? (All other Toronto panel physicians are saying 5 to 7 business days, while Medisys in Montreal I heard does in 3 days)

Category/Country: Employment-3rd/Pakistan (Since Birth place is Pakistan, citizenship Canada)
11/04/2013 ---- Start of the pre-process
10/28/2014 ---- PERM Filing Date/Priority Date
03/23/2015 ---- PERM Approved
04/07/2015 ---- I-140 Filed
04/16/2015 ---- I-140 Approved
04/20/2015 ---- RCMP Report: Sent documents to Windsor Police. Will pick up results before traveling to Montreal
04/27/2015 ---- USCIS sent to NVC
05/04/2015 (May the forth be with you :dancing: ) ---- NVC received
05/18/2015 ----
NVC case number assigned
05/20/2015 ---- NVC email received with invoice

05/28/2015 ---- IV fee sent by overnight mail. (Since NVC system is down)

05/29/2015 ---- IV fee mail picked up and signed by * ****LEY

06/03/2015 ---- IV fee shows PAID, DS-260 completed, documents and pictures emailed to nvcelectronic

06/09/2015 ---- Scan date

06/09/2015 ---- Put on Supervisor review (1 week or 42 day wait start) - Police certificate missing. I was avoiding it till I go to Canada for interview

06/22/2015 ---- Talked to supervisor, she said since it is available from Canada through agencies even though they charge a lot, it is a must to obtain it. NVC review won't complete without it.

07/07/2015 ---- Police certificate sent in email. (received the email from commissionaire-ottawa)
07/10/2015
---- Case Complete (Also police certificate actually received. Also scan date of police certificate)

Note that my case is employment based, and since government already done thorough security checking on me in the past with my employment visa and NEXUS card, I think that clears my security faster than spousal cases.

08/11/2015 ---- Appointment scheduled
09/09/2015
----
Medical (Dr Lyndon in Toronto)
09/16/2015 ---- Consular interview (Montreal) - Approved. Visa wasn't ready at 3 PM; stayed second night in Dorval

09/17/2015 ---- Visa and passports pickup

09/18/2015 ---- POE - Detroit tunnel

11/05/2015 ---- Green card arrived in mail

So Medisys in Toronto is actually valid and acceptable at the US consulate now? Previously I heard from the forum that Medisys medicals are only allowed from Montreal.

By the way,, what is the turnaround time for results for Medisys in Toronto? (All other Toronto panel physicians are saying 5 to 7 business days, while Medisys in Montreal I heard does in 3 days)

No Toronto Medisys are valid because its on the Govt website where it lists the doctors that are available for Panel Exam. And if you read other VJers reviews, they have gone to Toronto Doctors for Panel exam before the interview and no issue.

I am not sure where you heard that one, but its not true.

Also Toronto Doc that I am going to said it will be ready in 2-4 days, ready to be picked up.

No Toronto Medisys are valid because its on the Govt website where it lists the doctors that are available for Panel Exam. And if you read other VJers reviews, they have gone to Toronto Doctors for Panel exam before the interview and no issue.

I am not sure where you heard that one, but its not true.

Also Toronto Doc that I am going to said it will be ready in 2-4 days, ready to be picked up.

Toronto panel physician approved doctors are different than Toronto medisys. Only the medisys in Montreal is an approved panel physician. The one in Toronto is not.

The available doctors do change so it's important to check before booking the medical that they still are an approved panel physician.

http://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Medical/MTL%20-%20Montreal.pdf

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Toronto panel physician approved doctors are different than Toronto medisys. Only the medisys in Montreal is an approved panel physician. The one in Toronto is not.

The available doctors do change so it's important to check before booking the medical that they still are an approved panel physician.

http://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Medical/MTL%20-%20Montreal.pdf

Sorry for I misunderstood. Regardless the Panel physician I am going to is on the list for this year (Link you provided)

That's good. It's important to note correctly which doctors so people aren't confused. :) Some people merely lurk vs posting.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

That's good. It's important to note correctly which doctors so people aren't confused. :) Some people merely lurk vs posting.

Hey looks like you are a veteran at VJ. maybe you can answer this to me. So my results are ready to be picked up. Does that mean everything is fine and no health concern that will show in the envelope? Basically what I am trying to say is ...Does this mean my panel exam is a PASS?

Thanks

Hey looks like you are a veteran at VJ. maybe you can answer this to me. So my results are ready to be picked up. Does that mean everything is fine and no health concern that will show in the envelope? Basically what I am trying to say is ...Does this mean my panel exam is a PASS?

Thanks

It means the exam was completed. Most likely it was a pass since they likely would have let you know if something was wrong so it can be treated. It's one of those cases where no news is likely good news. Since I'm not a panel physician, I cannot definitively tell you if it's a pass or not.

It means the exam was completed. Most likely it was a pass since they likely would have let you know if something was wrong so it can be treated. It's one of those cases where no news is likely good news. Since I'm not a panel physician, I cannot definitively tell you if it's a pass or not.

I picked up my sealed envelope today. The receptionist didnt say anything else and also gave me a white paper with my vaccination record.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.