captainyeti

Medical Question

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

So I've got my medical interview booked for the Toronto location on the 9th and I'm just wondering for people who have gone there or even if you know the answer to this.. the 300 fee, in Canadian dollars correct? haha I feel like it's a dumb question I just want to be sure!

• 2 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

$300 for X-Ray and over all medical.

All vaccinations are free at your family doctor :D boy Ill miss Canadian health care :(

I have a medical appointment on Jun 29th....get rest of my vaccinations at my family doctor a week before the appt.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

So I've got my medical interview booked for the Toronto location on the 9th and I'm just wondering for people who have gone there or even if you know the answer to this.. the 300 fee, in Canadian dollars correct? haha I feel like it's a dumb question I just want to be sure!

So Medisys in Toronto is actually valid and acceptable at the US consulate now? Previously I heard from the forum that Medisys medicals are only allowed from Montreal.

By the way,, what is the turnaround time for results for Medisys in Toronto? (All other Toronto panel physicians are saying 5 to 7 business days, while Medisys in Montreal I heard does in 3 days)

Timeline

So Medisys in Toronto is actually valid and acceptable at the US consulate now? Previously I heard from the forum that Medisys medicals are only allowed from Montreal.

By the way,, what is the turnaround time for results for Medisys in Toronto? (All other Toronto panel physicians are saying 5 to 7 business days, while Medisys in Montreal I heard does in 3 days)

No Toronto Medisys are valid because its on the Govt website where it lists the doctors that are available for Panel Exam. And if you read other VJers reviews, they have gone to Toronto Doctors for Panel exam before the interview and no issue.

I am not sure where you heard that one, but its not true.

Also Toronto Doc that I am going to said it will be ready in 2-4 days, ready to be picked up.

No Toronto Medisys are valid because its on the Govt website where it lists the doctors that are available for Panel Exam. And if you read other VJers reviews, they have gone to Toronto Doctors for Panel exam before the interview and no issue.

I am not sure where you heard that one, but its not true.

Also Toronto Doc that I am going to said it will be ready in 2-4 days, ready to be picked up.

Toronto panel physician approved doctors are different than Toronto medisys. Only the medisys in Montreal is an approved panel physician. The one in Toronto is not.

The available doctors do change so it's important to check before booking the medical that they still are an approved panel physician.

http://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Medical/MTL%20-%20Montreal.pdf

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

Toronto panel physician approved doctors are different than Toronto medisys. Only the medisys in Montreal is an approved panel physician. The one in Toronto is not.

The available doctors do change so it's important to check before booking the medical that they still are an approved panel physician.

http://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Medical/MTL%20-%20Montreal.pdf

Sorry for I misunderstood. Regardless the Panel physician I am going to is on the list for this year (Link you provided)

That's good. It's important to note correctly which doctors so people aren't confused. :) Some people merely lurk vs posting.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

That's good. It's important to note correctly which doctors so people aren't confused. :) Some people merely lurk vs posting.

Hey looks like you are a veteran at VJ. maybe you can answer this to me. So my results are ready to be picked up. Does that mean everything is fine and no health concern that will show in the envelope? Basically what I am trying to say is ...Does this mean my panel exam is a PASS?

Thanks

Hey looks like you are a veteran at VJ. maybe you can answer this to me. So my results are ready to be picked up. Does that mean everything is fine and no health concern that will show in the envelope? Basically what I am trying to say is ...Does this mean my panel exam is a PASS?

Thanks

It means the exam was completed. Most likely it was a pass since they likely would have let you know if something was wrong so it can be treated. It's one of those cases where no news is likely good news. Since I'm not a panel physician, I cannot definitively tell you if it's a pass or not.

Timeline

It means the exam was completed. Most likely it was a pass since they likely would have let you know if something was wrong so it can be treated. It's one of those cases where no news is likely good news. Since I'm not a panel physician, I cannot definitively tell you if it's a pass or not.

I picked up my sealed envelope today. The receptionist didnt say anything else and also gave me a white paper with my vaccination record.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.