jonilui

Confused about P3

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm trying to prepare my checklist and have gotten everything I need for myself, but after seeing a post in the forums about needing the petitioner's original divorce certificate with a seal as well, I'm a little worried that I may have misunderstood this checklist. I thought it was only for the beneficiary.... The post that caused me to worry is here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/542948-montreal-interview-divorce-certificate-for-petitioner-question/

On the P3 checklist for Montreal, am I to gather BOTH petitioner and beneficiary original documents for birth certificate, marriage (would this be my fiance's marriage before he got divorced?), divorce? Does this mean I also need to get a police certificate from him too?

I'm just surprised as all of these things were already given to the USCIS i nthe I-129F package - why would they need it again? Right now I only have a photocopy of his birth cert and divorce cert from I-129F.

You need his original divorce decree at least. There was another thread on this lately.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/542948-montreal-interview-divorce-certificate-for-petitioner-question/

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

You need his original divorce decree at least. There was another thread on this lately.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/542948-montreal-interview-divorce-certificate-for-petitioner-question/

LOL, that's the link I had in my post...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I'm trying to prepare my checklist and have gotten everything I need for myself, but after seeing a post in the forums about needing the petitioner's original divorce certificate with a seal as well, I'm a little worried that I may have misunderstood this checklist. I thought it was only for the beneficiary.... The post that caused me to worry is here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/542948-montreal-interview-divorce-certificate-for-petitioner-question/

On the P3 checklist for Montreal, am I to gather BOTH petitioner and beneficiary original documents for birth certificate, marriage (would this be my fiance's marriage before he got divorced?), divorce? Does this mean I also need to get a police certificate from him too?

I'm just surprised as all of these things were already given to the USCIS i nthe I-129F package - why would they need it again? Right now I only have a photocopy of his birth cert and divorce cert from I-129F.

I don't know if its different for K-1 but for CR1, my lawyer said that the petitioner's original divorce decree is NOT needed at the time of the interview. Only beneficiary is required to bring his or her divorce decree. And I think, USCIS does all the verification of the petitioner.

LOL, that's the link I had in my post...

BAHAHA!

K1 must be different than CR1 for this because I didn't need it but most of the K1 have said that they do. I have read that people have also needed an original petitioner's birth certificate (or naturalization certificate.) I'm not sure why it would be needed with K1 but not CR1 but if you can get your fiancé to courier it to you for the interview, then that may be the way to go.

I don't know if its different for K-1 but for CR1, my lawyer said that the petitioner's original divorce decree is NOT needed at the time of the interview. Only beneficiary is required to bring his or her divorce decree. And I think, USCIS does all the verification of the petitioner.

K1 for Canadian beneficiaries seems to be different. I also did not need anything from the petitioner.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.