ugh

i129f question after applying for i130f

52 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

Lets just say she's not related to me but we are on good family terms

To be honest, I don't even have an understanding of what a first cousins' cousin is. I would not class that as related.

So you have met (can provide physical evidence?), once you are divorced you'd be free to marry and you are not closely related. Last stumbling block are the IMBRA regs and/or multiple filing. Can't help you with that, but there is a dedicated subforum on here for you to check out.

I can provide all the evidences besides pictures of her and I together.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

How are you going to deal with the photo evidence?

If she is in the wedding photos then I guess that might do but you would be a VJ first doing this.

And there have been some very unusual circumstances on VJ.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

I'm really not sure why would USCIS question my multiple petitions because I withdrew them 2 weeks after applying on both times. If anything, USCIS should be happy that I am good at determining who will last with me and call it out before things get delayed and they arrive in this country.

Both of my petitions were withdrawn 2 weeks after applying. This is a great thing than some here marry people and bring them over to US and then divorce them.

Timeline

What is a VJ?

How are you going to deal with the photo evidence?

If she is in the wedding photos then I guess that might do but you would be a VJ first doing this.

And there have been some very unusual circumstances on VJ.

Timeline

Visa Journey

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

I was thinking the same. Meeting a future spouse at your own wedding.. kinda odd, but perhaps permissable in a one-off situation like OP's.

USCIS

January 16, 2015 I-130 Mailed, Chi lockbox January 20, 2015 Priority Date, January 21, 2015 NOA1 notice date, Assigned VSC, January 23, 2015 Check Cashed, electronically March 5, 2015 NOA2

NVC

March 27, 2015 NVC received April 6, 2015 Case#, IIN# assigned April 8, 2015 Paid AOS + IV fee Invoices May 5, 2015 AOS + IV package submitted May 11, 2015 Scan Date

June 11, 2015 DS-260 submitted June 25, 2015 False checklist (for ds260).. hello? June 30, 2015 Answered checklist Aug 5, 2015 Escalated to Supervisor review Aug 13, 2015 Case Complete

Consular

Sept 10, 2015 Interview Scheduled Sept 11, 2015 P4 Letter received Sept 21, 2015 file In transit from NVC Sept 23, 2015 file at Embassy

Sept 28, 2015 Medical Oct 14, 2015 Biometrics Oct 15, 2015 Interview (Approved) Oct 19, 2015 IV visa Issued Oct 23, 2015 Passport Pickup

POE

Nov 2, 2015 Entered the US Nov 16, 2015 Applied for SSN, walk-in Nov 20, 2015 Social Security Card recd Jan 15, 2016 GC received

Timeline

Yes, agreed but due to circumstances. This is the situation I'm facing.

I was thinking the same. Meeting a future spouse at your own wedding.. kinda odd, but perhaps permissable in a one-off situation like OP's.

Timeline

Sounds like your best bet will be to get married and go the CR1 route.

I am surprised that her parents would consider her going abroad un married, certainly seen that one with religious parents.

Timeline

Well we were planning to do some sort of ceremony back home once she gets approved for Visa and then get married in the US within the 3 months.

I am surprised that her parents would consider her going abroad un married, certainly seen that one with religious parents.

Sorry, what is CR1 route?

Wish you the best.. spotted some inconsistencies in your post. The IO at the US Emb reviewing her i129 will be quite curious about multiple filings. An abandoned i129f and an abandoned i130 are flags. Another flag.. a new i129f so soon after a divorce.

The quickness of the divorce being granted..4-6 months.. surprised me. I've lived in India, and experienced legal (though not divorce) cases moving at a snails pace.

Not to discourage you, but based on several posts here on VJ, the chances of a K-1 from India are iffy. Some rejected i129 petitioners have had to go to India to marry and subsequently file through Consular Processing.

Btw, contrary to your statement, "country back home\ mother land", is NOT unsafe. As a US citizen, I've been to India multiple times in the past years to meet family, get engaged, and just four months ago, to get married. Everyone felt safe, including my US citizen friends at the wedding. A colleague of mine just returned having traveled in Delhi, Kashmir, and Indore all by himself; and he's Caucasian American :)

Indian cultural thinking has evolved, but what are the chances her parents would allow their daughter going to live overseas but not allow her "dating" or otherwise being photographed together with her future spouse.

May want to work out your inconsistencies, but otherwise good luck! Hope things work out.

USCIS

January 16, 2015 I-130 Mailed, Chi lockbox January 20, 2015 Priority Date, January 21, 2015 NOA1 notice date, Assigned VSC, January 23, 2015 Check Cashed, electronically March 5, 2015 NOA2

NVC

March 27, 2015 NVC received April 6, 2015 Case#, IIN# assigned April 8, 2015 Paid AOS + IV fee Invoices May 5, 2015 AOS + IV package submitted May 11, 2015 Scan Date

June 11, 2015 DS-260 submitted June 25, 2015 False checklist (for ds260).. hello? June 30, 2015 Answered checklist Aug 5, 2015 Escalated to Supervisor review Aug 13, 2015 Case Complete

Consular

Sept 10, 2015 Interview Scheduled Sept 11, 2015 P4 Letter received Sept 21, 2015 file In transit from NVC Sept 23, 2015 file at Embassy

Sept 28, 2015 Medical Oct 14, 2015 Biometrics Oct 15, 2015 Interview (Approved) Oct 19, 2015 IV visa Issued Oct 23, 2015 Passport Pickup

POE

Nov 2, 2015 Entered the US Nov 16, 2015 Applied for SSN, walk-in Nov 20, 2015 Social Security Card recd Jan 15, 2016 GC received

CR-1

Conditional Relative spouse visa, while awaiting consular processing back home and under 2 years married.

USCIS

NVC

Consular

POE

Timeline

I guess what you're trying to say is to go back home and get married. Then come back and apply for the i130.

Wish you the best.. spotted some inconsistencies in your post. The IO at the US Emb reviewing her i129 will be quite curious about multiple filings. An abandoned i129f and an abandoned i130 are flags. Another flag.. a new i129f so soon after a divorce.
The quickness of the divorce being granted..4-6 months.. surprised me. I've lived in India, and experienced legal (though not divorce) cases moving at a snails pace.
Not to discourage you, but based on several posts here on VJ, the chances of a K-1 from India are iffy. Some rejected i129 petitioners have had to go to India to marry and subsequently file through Consular Processing.
Btw, contrary to your statement, "country back home\ mother land", is NOT unsafe. As a US citizen, I've been to India multiple times in the past years to meet family, get engaged, and just four months ago, to get married. Everyone felt safe, including my US citizen friends at the wedding. A colleague of mine just returned having traveled in Delhi, Kashmir, and Indore all by himself; and he's Caucasian American :)
Indian cultural thinking has evolved, but what are the chances her parents would allow their daughter going to live overseas but not allow her "dating" or otherwise being photographed together with her future spouse.
May want to work out your inconsistencies, but otherwise good luck! Hope things work out.
Edited by ugh

Timeline

This is a diy site, but I would not tell anyone not to use a lawyer,not everybody is comfortable with the paper work.

That's a safer bet. Nothing is ever guaranteed, esp with a couple of abandoned petitions, but I-130 odds are preferable.

USCIS

NVC

Consular

POE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.