duvalin

DS260 help with address for petitioner, please!

96 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I just noticed that in the NVC website the review time changed to 45 days! Before it said 60 days... Anyways, if that's the case maybe emailing is better then since now is equal? One other thing , do I enclosed the welcome letter NVC sent? At the time, we had a lawyer, but we fired him. So I am wondering if I send the original welcome NVC letter, the letter has the lawyer information, and I think it may create confusion. Do I need to include it or just the receipts that we paid both fees is fine?

Ok, thanks!! one little thing before I send them away, do photocopies have to be certified?

Nope

I just noticed that in the NVC website the review time changed to 45 days! Before it said 60 days... Anyways, if that's the case maybe emailing is better then since now is equal? One other thing , do I enclosed the welcome letter NVC sent? At the time, we had a lawyer, but we fired him. So I am wondering if I send the original welcome NVC letter, the letter has the lawyer information, and I think it may create confusion. Do I need to include it or just the receipts that we paid both fees is fine?

no just the bar code cover sheet.

emailing is about 70 days. mail review is 45.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

I find this thread very helpful.

Duvalin, we're going through the same situation. Putting house on sale next month, will move to a rental until the interview.

Duvalin why did your I130 approval take so long? 8 months? Did they RFE you?

Based on what i'm seeing on the timelines, it seems ours shouldn't take more than 2 months, but I guess USCIS is unpredictable.

Timeline

I find this thread very helpful.

Duvalin, we're going through the same situation. Putting house on sale next month, will move to a rental until the interview.

Duvalin why did your I130 approval take so long? 8 months? Did they RFE you?

Based on what i'm seeing on the timelines, it seems ours shouldn't take more than 2 months, but I guess USCIS is unpredictable.

Hi there, I am not sure why ours took that long. Our i-130 didn't have anything in particular. But based on what I read approvals for i-130 fluctuate, but I am not sure why they do.

It's really odd that duvalin took so long too considering both live in Canada... :huh2:

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

I am not sure, but I think it worked for the best for us. In a different topic, when we called the NVC a little while ago, we told them we have fired our lawyer, and they said to send an email to NVC stating that, and also saying who the new agent will be, in our case my spouse the petitioner. Is that all there is to do? Is not like we had to send the form DS-261?

Edited by duvalin

The DS-261 wasn't available to you, or shouldn't have been because of the lawyer attached to the case. Because the IV bill is already paid, it doesn't really matter so it really doesn't make sense that they're even asking for this EXCEPT that they don't want to continue to send emails to that law office.

Timeline

yeah, I was just wondering if we should send the DS-261 ourselves, with my spouse as the agent, since we don't have the lawyer anymore. Although we did sent the email they suggested we should send, updating with the information already... so like you said. Just making sure we don't forget anything, thank you NLR.

you're welcome. Saylin helped me with a lot of questions I had so I try to pass on the favour. :)

Timeline

Thank you, it means a lot. Specially going through the process by ourselves is more difficult to figure out. Now that the AOS and Civil Docs are sent (by the way, we chose to emailed them at last minute) I've seen people say to constantly call NVC to see if they have them, I am not sure whether we wait the 45-60 days before calling...Let me know!:)

I would wait unless knowing when they scan them in is important to you? Give them like 30 days?

Timeline

There wouldn't be a way to find out if the email went through, is there? I mean, it would be nice to at least know the email is there. Like maybe, a receipt email, saying that they got it. Or maybe a sign.. I keep checking the Visa Log in website, but still says N/A for both sections AOS and Civil Documents.. :unsure:

There wouldn't be a way to find out if the email went through, is there? I mean, it would be nice to at least know the email is there. Like maybe, a receipt email, saying that they got it. Or maybe a sign.. I keep checking the Visa Log in website, but still says N/A for both sections AOS and Civil Documents.. :unsure:

It always does. It would have bounced back as undeliverable if it hadnt gone through. Each attachment was under 5mb right?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.