KASH2011

I-751 April 2015 Filers

889 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belize
Timeline

so update on mine. Its now been 12 months since my receipt date.

I called and spoke to a tier 2. She said based on their records, I applied for citizenship in February (I DID) and that means they will make a decision on both at the same time. Is that the way it works?

So i tell her my green card extension expires in two weeks and I need to continue to work plus this is keeping me back from getting some required licenses for said job because they need current work authrization docs. She says make an info pass appointment to get another extension, can I do that?

And then to top things off, there are NO APPOINTMENTS AVAILABLE so what am I supposed to do now?

Someone told me I could call my congress rep and they can help so I may do that since I cant even get an appointment online.

I believe your call might trigger them to act on your case, give it a few days, you might see an approval notice in the mail. If you don't need to travel, I doubt you need a stamp on your passport. For jobs, just present your state id and updated social security card, I began a new job in January and those documents were enough prove my work eligibility. I doubt a congressional inquiry can help you get an info pass appointment, but it can surely help you with getting answers on your case, so reach out to yours

AOS from F1 visa
11/09/12, Mailed AOS package (I-130, I-485, I-765) to Chicago lockbox.
11/13/12, Package delivered to Chicago lockbox.
11/16/12, Text & email received for all 3 forms.
11/16/12, I-130 & I-485 checks cashed.
11/22/12, NOAs received for I-130, I-485, I-765.
12/11/12, Biometrics appointment (12/27) NOA received.
12/12/12, Successful Walk-in biometrics @ Varick Street Manhattan ASC.
12/18/12, Online case status available (I130-initial review; I1765-initial review; I485-testing and interview)
01/14/13, Notice of EAD approval via text & email.
01/22/13, EAD received.
03/24/13, Online status notification for interview April 30th.
04/30/13, Interview @ Federal plaza, NYC. No decision, pending background check
07/10/13, Day 244 Approved (after a very long wait)

07/18/13 Green Card in hand

ROC

04//14/15 Mailed ROC package (I-751) to Vermont Service Center

05/08/15 Received receipt notice dated 04/16/15

03/22/16 Approved (after 11.5 months)

N400

05//24/16 Mailed N400 package USCIS (Dallas)

12/05/2017 Interview notice arrived

01/03/2017 Interview completed

03/03/2017 Oath Ceremony

• 1 month later...

Guys, not sure if this is the right place to posts so please move to somewhere else if applicable.

I applied for citizenship in Feb 2016 (without receiving 10 year green card) and had the interview today. The interviewer calls me, sees my USC wife with me and DEMANDS that she come in as well. Very rude.

We get inside and he starts to question that we applied for the ROC and then the Citizenship without receivingg the ROC. He then proceeds to ask my wife questions about our marriage. She was asleep in the waiting room as we had to wait about 90 mins before we got called. She answered most questions but fluffed a few others which I am sure raised suspicions.

He looked at some evidence I carried (taxes, bank statements, bills etc) then made a copy of them and said a decision cant be made today on the ROC. I beleive he said wait to be contacted ABOUT ANOTHER INTERVIEW to close out the ordeal.

So questions: Is it bad to apply for N400 without receving 10 year green card? I was advised it was ok to do that on here as it would speed up the process?

Is it normal for the us citizen to be called in? That seemed so out of the blue and we were 100% not prepared for that

If we gt another interview, its probably going to be a stokes right? Would the letter let us know, or do we just have to assume thats whats goingon?

We have suspicions that we had a negative interaction with the interviewer in the past, in the real world, as in not related to anything immigration.

That may explain his overly hostile nature. Is there anything we can do with this knowledge because like I said, the hostility was ridiculous and we

beleive the questioning may have been personal driven.

Filed: Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hey Gannicus...sorry to hear that. It is normal for the US citizen to be called in for the ROC as well as N400 if you are filing based on the 3 years rule. Did he tell you how long you will wait? What did he say about the N400 interview. FYI...it is perfectly ok for you to file the N400 while waiting. The interview he is referring to may be for N400 and not a stokes ROC as you might think. Some officers prefer to close the I-751 first before conducting N400 interview. Be positive. It might not be as bad as you think.

Guys, not sure if this is the right place to posts so please move to somewhere else if applicable.

I applied for citizenship in Feb 2016 (without receiving 10 year green card) and had the interview today. The interviewer calls me, sees my USC wife with me and DEMANDS that she come in as well. Very rude.

We get inside and he starts to question that we applied for the ROC and then the Citizenship without receivingg the ROC. He then proceeds to ask my wife questions about our marriage. She was asleep in the waiting room as we had to wait about 90 mins before we got called. She answered most questions but fluffed a few others which I am sure raised suspicions.

He looked at some evidence I carried (taxes, bank statements, bills etc) then made a copy of them and said a decision cant be made today on the ROC. I beleive he said wait to be contacted ABOUT ANOTHER INTERVIEW to close out the ordeal.

So questions: Is it bad to apply for N400 without receving 10 year green card? I was advised it was ok to do that on here as it would speed up the process?

Is it normal for the us citizen to be called in? That seemed so out of the blue and we were 100% not prepared for that

If we gt another interview, its probably going to be a stokes right? Would the letter let us know, or do we just have to assume thats whats goingon?

We have suspicions that we had a negative interaction with the interviewer in the past, in the real world, as in not related to anything immigration.

That may explain his overly hostile nature. Is there anything we can do with this knowledge because like I said, the hostility was ridiculous and we

beleive the questioning may have been personal driven.

Edited by mananto

Pls has anyone been approved for July 28 2015 removal of conditions from california service centre?I'm due for citizenship on the 23rd of July 2016,any latest updates please?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.