JCV

NOA2 whilst in USA

5 posts in this topic

I am visiting US in a couple of months (on VWP) for one month , just as my NOA2 is expected to arrive.. if it does come when i am there, i don't want to have to wait till i am back to move on with the process or go home early.

Do we physically need any of the letters that arrive to my home address in the UK? or can we do it online/call for any numbers i need etc. I can bring copies of my birth cert and police cert with me as I know i need to send those. from researching i believe most of it is online but i believe i have to wait for a case number which can only be found on the physical letter?

Thank you! :)

Yes you can call some one to see if your NOA2 arrive. You do not need the physical letters of the NOA2 from the USCIS. If you are waiting on the NOA2 then you should of already have your case number for the USCIS, as that is on the NOA1. The NOA2 is the letter saying your case is approved and forward to the NVC. AT the NVC you will be assign a new case number and invoice number.

when the NOA2 arrive you can call the NVC after a couple of weeks using the USCIS case number to see if your case is there.

yes the forms and fees can be done online the only thing you will have to mail in will be the AOS documents and the IV civil documents

Edited by j&ana

ROC
Service Center : Nebraska Service Center
Consulate : Manila, Philippines
Marriage (if applicable): 2014-05-20
I-130 Sent : 2014-10-06
I-130 NOA1 : 2014-10-09
I-130 RFE for NSO copy of marriage certificate: 2014-11-03
I-130 RFE Sent : 2014-11-18
I-130 Approved : 2014-12-07
NVC Received : 2014-12-23
NVC case number: 2015-02-04
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2015-02-04
Pay AOS Bill : 2015-02-05
Submit DS-261 : 2015-02-05
Sent AOS Package : 2015-02-09
Sent IV Package : 2015-02-09
Scan date : 2015-02-10
Receive IV Bill : 2015-03-03
Pay IV Bill : 2015-03-06
Submit DS-260: 2015-3-12
Case Completed at NVC : 2015-03-20
Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter: 2015-3-27
Medical complete: 2015-04-08
Interview Date : 2015-05-08
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2015-05-13

Date of US Entry : 2015-06-09

Date of Social Security card receive : 06-2015

Date of Green Card received 07-2015

Date of ROC FILE 05-19-2017

I-751 NOA Date 05-26-2017

http://jerryjja.wix.com/filipinasaswa?_ga=1.194674661.91538870.1441656248

YEs you can call some one to see if your NOA2 arrive. You do not need the physical letters of the NOA2 from the USCIS. If you are waiting on the NOA2 then you should of already have your case number for the USCIS, as that is on the NOA1. The NOA2 is the letter saying your case is approved and forward to the NVC. AT the NVC you will be assign a new case number and invoice number.

I thought NOA2 would get sent to my husbands address anyway. I can track that online too, i was just wondering if there is anything i need on the NVC letter that gets sent to my UK address - i am assuming it does get sent there!

Ok great! thank you :)!

Yes you can call some one to see if your NOA2 arrive. You do not need the physical letters of the NOA2 from the USCIS. If you are waiting on the NOA2 then you should of already have your case number for the USCIS, as that is on the NOA1. The NOA2 is the letter saying your case is approved and forward to the NVC. AT the NVC you will be assign a new case number and invoice number.

when the NOA2 arrive you can call the NVC after a couple of weeks using the USCIS case number to see if your case is there.

yes the forms and fees can be done online the only thing you will have to mail in will be the AOS documents and the IV civil documents

Everything with the NVC is done with a phone and email except for mailing the packages. Nothing will be sent to your UK address unless you make zero effort to contact the NVC yourself.

You still need to return back to the UK for your medical and interview, but I'm sure you knew that. :)

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Everything with the NVC is done with a phone and email except for mailing the packages. Nothing will be sent to your UK address unless you make zero effort to contact the NVC yourself.

You still need to return back to the UK for your medical and interview, but I'm sure you knew that. :)

thanks!! exactly what i needed to know :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.