wbeem

Progress thread for TSC filers now between NVC and Interview Stage

1,685 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I hope so too. I hope it ends up being a minor couple extra days if anything. I think it's important to be aware of what's going on though. I'm upset about this, too. I was getting ready to do my ds160 and I'm not even sure if I can anymore. I might not be as far along as you, but I've had the same delays and issues. I want to move on with my life, too.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I didn't mean you said it. I know it's with the issuance but I'm hoping ours squeezed through and that they'll have it fixed before the others go through. That's all I can hope. My wedding is in a month. So I'll have to email them

James' interview is Monday Deborah and you can bet he's going to be asking questions- so anything he can find out I will let you know ASAP. He's so excited about the interview and now I have to break thus news to him in the morning.

James' interview is Monday Deborah and you can bet he's going to be asking questions- so anything he can find out I will let you know ASAP. He's so excited about the interview and now I have to break thus news to him in the morning.

Ugh yes girl I know. I was doing wedding stuff then get this. It's just gut wrenching tbh. I'm so over this now after so long. Keep me posted. I might email them myself. If I find out anything I'll msg you. We'll get through this eventually.

I think any interview since the 9th is going to be delayed. Even if they say approved, they have to go through another security check. The guy at our interview told us that. The computers were down and he said there would be a delay until the final security check when the system came back up.

If they get this resolved, there will still be a backlog that is going to increase the time until the visa is issued. Emergencies and adoptions will have priority. Deborah yours probably depends on if it got issued before the problem. What was you last CEAC status update?

Hang on. It may just be a few days extra, which seems like a lifetime I know, but don't completely lose it. Please.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Oh I see. So it's just that my opinion isn't positive that's the problem? It was clear that it was an opinion because I said "I think." Deborah said she thinks she and you are fine. That is also an opinion. Both based on how we read the statements. I'd rather be wrong. You're not the only one with a lot on the line in this process.

I think any interview since the 9th is going to be delayed. Even if they say approved, they have to go through another security check. The guy at our interview told us that. The computers were down and he said there would be a delay until the final security check when the system came back up.

If they get this resolved, there will still be a backlog that is going to increase the time until the visa is issued. Emergencies and adoptions will have priority. Deborah yours probably depends on if it got issued before the problem. What was you last CEAC status update?

Hang on. It may just be a few days extra, which seems like a lifetime I know, but don't completely lose it. Please.

Last update date was on the 10th at like almost midnight UK time. So I am hoping that is a good sign since it did get updated after the 9th. Before that it had been a couple of days. Which I was hoping was the security checks bit you were referring to. What do you think? And I am trying not to lose it, just been a rough week tbh this is just icing on the cake.

Timeline

Do you think they'll actually be able to

give out information at the interview? Or will be get the "we're working to fix it" line? If I read the statement on the embassy site- it sounds like anyone who hasn't aubmitted a D-160...that could be juste being hopeful too I guess

That's sort of how I read it too was if you hadn't filled out your DS160 yet, so maybe just maybe we might be ok. God knows I hope so, my mental state might not make it otherwise. lol I'll just be a nutter. Can get married in the looney bin. lol

Timeline

That's sort of how I read it too was if you hadn't filled out your DS160 yet, so maybe just maybe we might be ok. God knows I hope so, my mental state might not make it otherwise. lol I'll just be a nutter. Can get married in the looney bin. lol[/quote

I'll be right there with you girl! This is like a bad joke..."Oh- you're about to get your visa issued after 9 months? Think again! Now deal with a national security breach"!

Edited by JamesRenee

Timeline

RED LIGHT! GREE NO WAIT SORRY STILL A RED LIGHT. Like some sad joke someone is playing...

That analogy sounds oddly familiar. . Where'd you hear that from?

NOA1: November 18, 2014 @ TSC

NOA2: June 24, 2015 218 days

Sent to NVC: July 1, 2015

Embassy Case Number Received: July 10, 2015

Sent to embassy: July 16, 2015

Embassy Received: July 20, 2015

Packet 3 Received/DS 160/Readiness Completed: July 22, 2015

Medical: July 24, 2015

Packet 4 Received: August 11, 2015

Interview: September 4, 2015 Approved

Issued: September 8, 2015

Visa in hand:

POE: September 18, 2015

-----------------------

When filling in your timeline, please understand that all I-129F's are sent to the LOCKBOX in Texas, and then ROUTED (not transferred) to your ASSIGNED service center- the one in Texas "TSC" (not the same as the lockbox!), or the one in California "CSC". If your tracking number starts with WAC, you're at the CSC, you were not transferred! There are no transfers at this time. If your number starts with SRC you're at the TSC and that's where you will serve your entire sentence.USCIS isn't fair.

They don't care about you.

-----------------------------------------------------

Want to complain to someone anyway?

*Email the Ombudsman at cisombudsman@HQ.DHS.GOV

"The Ombudsman provides an impartial and independent perspective to USCIS in an attempt to resolve problems"

Do you think they'll actually be able to

give out information at the interview? Or will be get the "we're working to fix it" line? If I read the statement on the embassy site- it sounds like anyone who hasn't aubmitted a D-160...that could be juste being hopeful too I guess

That's sort of how I read it too was if you hadn't filled out your DS160 yet, so maybe just maybe we might be ok. God knows I hope so, my mental state might not make it otherwise. lol I'll just be a nutter. Can get married in the looney bin. lol

It's more than DS-160s. They said visas at least seven times. Did you read it? From the Dept of State--

We apologize to applicants who are experiencing delays or are unable to obtain a passport overseas, Consular Report of Birth Abroad, or U.S. visa at this time. Domestic passport issuances are not affected at this time. We are able to issue emergency passports to U.S. citizens overseas for urgent travel.

---------

The systems in place to perform required national security checks before we issue visas are experiencing technical difficulties. As a result, we are unable to print visas, regular passports overseas, and other travel documents.

---------

We apologize to travelers and recognize that this may cause hardship to individuals waiting for visas and passports overseas.

---------

Visas

A hardware failure on June 9 halted the flow of biometric clearance requests from posts to the Consular Consolidated Database (CCD). Individuals who submitted online applications or were interviewed for visas on or after June 9 may experience a delay in the processing.

The systems in place to perform required national security checks before we issue visas are experiencing technical difficulties. As a result, we are unable to print visas, regular passports overseas, and other travel documents.

We cannot bypass the legal requirements necessary to screen visa applicants before we issue visas for travel.

As a result, there is a backlog of visas waiting to be processed. We are working as quickly as possible to resolve the issue and to clear the backlog.

The technical issues we are experiencing have disrupted or prevented some of the Departments primary data-share partners from accessing visa records.

--------

Q: Can you print a visa without using the data system?

Security measures prevent consular officers from printing a passport, report of birth abroad, or visa until the case completes the required national security checks.

Service to our customers will be interrupted until the system is brought back online.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

I think I already mentioned that yes....yes I have actually read the statement probably 20 times at this point so I definitely don't need it copy and pasted with boldend phrases. What was the purpose of that? Yes, I know that on this site having ANY kind of positive outlook in the face of a new obstacle is frowned upon. Rather we have to be constantly scrutinized and told to "re read" things. There are a lot of good things about this site but I am sick of being spoken to like a child because I trying to hold onto some form of hope instead of losing my mind. I am very capable of reading things- I don't need them thrown back in my face. I won't ask any more questions on this topic I can assure you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.