22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

It is based on a personal experience.

Oh great. I hope you are right! Thankfully I'm still engaged. If her interview was on Sunday, when do you think we will hear back from them? Does get updated on the NVC site once it gets approved?

you can check the Aramex tracking no. listed on the receipt when you paid the return envelope fees. The tracking will show once the package come out of the embassy. Hopefully you will hear something by the following Sunday or Tuesday the latest.

Timeline

you can check the Aramex tracking no. listed on the receipt when you paid the return envelope fees. The tracking will show once the package come out of the embassy. Hopefully you will hear something by the following Sunday or Tuesday the latest.

Good idea but unfortunately, our staked scheduled to be picked up from the branch. Where do you find the teacking number?

Timeline

tracking no. its a unique no. on the payment receipt and you can track it @

http://www.aramex.com/express/track.aspx

Thank you, i appreciate your help. I just found a way to track by the passport number but there is no info as of yet.

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Hello all,

It has been 6 weeks now since my fiancé interview and we have not heard anything back. It is still under Ap and every time I call the nvc they tell me it is still in the embassy for reviews.

Does anyone have any idea what should I do and how long can it take especially if they are holding her passport?

Timeline

Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do but wait. Even if you reach out to your Congressman or Senator and they request an update on your behalf, it is unlikely that you will get any useful information from them. Unless she urgently needs to travel, I wouldn't advise requesting her passport back.

Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.