Jump to content

3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I have a complicated circumstance and I'm hoping someone could advise me.

I have applied for the I-129F earlier this month and my fiance is from Yemen. We put down that we want it transferred to Malaysia because he was in the process of getting his student visa issued from Malaysia. His approval letter is ready at the Malaysian immigration, but right now there's a war that broke out in Yemen and the airports are closed and all the embassies closed and the officials in the country have basically left. We're wondering now if the airports reopen, would it be possible to fly to another country and get the letter stamped from another Malaysian embassy because of the situation in Yemen? I also read somewhere that if he does not get a single entry visa (which is this stamp) he will probably need to pay a fine when he gets to Malaysia. He is willing to pay a fine because he truly has no other choice at this point.

Any advise? I would greatly appreciate it.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would not imagine anyone on here has a clue, why not speak to the Consulate he wants to go to pick up his visa?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

If he already has gotten the Student Pass Approval Letter from Immigration Malaysia, he shall be able to get a single entry visa from any Malaysian embassy. However, his issue right now would be travelling out of Yemen. If he has a visa to Saudi, he can travel to Saudi and get the visa from the Malaysian embassy in Riyadh.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.