captainyeti

K1 Medical Doctor's question!

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

So my consulate interview in Montreal is set for April 21st and I am going to schedule my medical within the next few days and I'm just looking for some advice and knowledge from people who have been through it already or know more than I do.
So I'm debating on whether or not to go to the Toronto or Scarborough doctor. I can make it to either one of those by GO transit but I just want to know what the pros are for both and cons if any! It looks like the Toronto doctor is the only one I can reach and see info about online. With the Toronto one it's looking like I either have to pay an extra $50 for courier to have it delivered (I would prefer not to have to go back to Toronto a few days later to pick up results) so I don't know what the delivery method is like with Scarborough if anyone on here has info about that.

I've read online with some panel physicians that they deliver your results electronically to the embassy and that maybe this was the case with the Scarborough doctor. If anyone has any answers for me I'd appreciate it!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I went to the Toronto office. Really simple and really fast experience for me.

I went on Wednesday and received my medical records to my location in Windsor the next Wednesday (1 week).

They are in the process in moving tho and I'm not sure if that will cause delays. It didn't cause any delays to receive my package by mail. I am very pleased.

I would call as quickly as possible though. I know I called the Vaughn one for a better date and they had nothing before my interview date. I did not call the Scarborough one.

If you do end up going to Toronto, know it's a really easy process.

Now that I have my package I will say I found Lilly (the receptionist) to be extremely rude. Unprofessional by email and while I was waiting listening to her talk to people on the phone was disgusting. I personally thought she was very rude. I had everything prepared but for those with language barriers she talked to them like they were beneath her. I really did not like this.

K1 VISA: Canadian Fiance

Mailed via Fed-Ex: 19-Jan-15

USCIS Received: 22-Jan-15

NOA1 (Electronic): 26-Jan-15

NOA2 (Electronic): 5-Feb-15

Case # Received: 21-Feb-15

Consulate Received: 27-Feb-15

Packet 3 Received: ****

Packet 3 Sent: 27-Feb-15

Packet 4 Received: 11-Mar-15

Medical: 18-Mar-15 - Complete!

Interview: 10-Apr-15 - Approved!

POE: Hopefully April 24.

As I am in Scarborough, I wanted to go to that one ( forgot his name) but he was not available for the times I wanted so I went to Dr Mascarehnas (Toronto one?) as he had availability (mid/late Dec). I had no issues with the Dr and he was quite efficient and pleasant. The receptionist however (Lilly?) was a bit brusque with me... I see her calling others who then went right through the door to the doctor , so when she called my name , I did the same. She snapped at me saying that I was to come to her desk to see her instead. Since there is a sign on her door that basically said that any rudeness or such will be reported to the US powers that be, I kept my lips quite tight.

If you do not want to go back to the office and pick up your package, you will have to pay the 50$ courier fee . I believe any of the board doctors will do the same but I could be wrong.

Good luck.

I-129F Sent : 2014-09-15
I-129F NOA1 : 2014-09-24
I-129F NOA2 : 2014-10-20
NVC Left : 2014-11-05
Packet 3 Received : 2014-11-13
Packet 4 Received : 2014-12-05
Medical : 2014-12-19
Interview Date : 2015-01-23 Montreal
Interview Result : Approved 2015-01-23
Loomis picked up passport from Montreal: 2015-01-27
Passport/visa in hand:2015-01-30

POE'd at Toronto Pearson Airport: 2015-04-01

SSN received: 2015-04-08 or so

Married : 2015-04-23

AOS/EAD/AP submitted as one : 2015-05-19

Biometrics AOS: 2015-06-15

EAD approved : 2015 July but did not receive until 2015-09-30

AOS interview: 2015-09-25

AOS approved: 2015-09-25

GC received: 2015-10-02

ROC I751 package mailed 7/19
uscis received package 7/21 as per USPS
check cashed 7/25/2017
noa i797 dated 7/21/2107/ WAC17293xxx
noa i797 received 7/27/2017

Biometrics not needed; used what was on file

Infopass i551 stamp ( 12months) done 8/17/2018

No RFE.

No Interview.

ROC approved Oct 25,2018.  i797 notice received Oct 29,2018 

PR card received Oct 30 2018 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.