LibCampFireClub

Did Germanwings plane's windscreen CRACK?

81 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Officials have so far refused to release the name of the co-pilot, which is considered very unusual especially since the pilot, passenger and crew names have all been released.

Did Germanwings plane's windscreen CRACK?
  • Airbus A320 was carrying 144 passengers - including two babies and 16 German children - plus six crew members
  • At least three British nationals and two Americans are believed to have been on board the flight, say officials
  • Reports on professional pilot forum suggest black box voice recorder reveals 'structural failure' caused disaster
  • Top official says crucial minute between 10.30am and 10.31am when contact was lost was vital to the investigation
  • Reports suggest the aircraft had been grounded just 24 hours before it crashed into remote region of French Alps
  • One Germanwings flight from Dusseldorf to Barcelona cancelled because pilots 'don't feel they're in a position to fly'
  • Several Germanwings crews - including pilots - refused to work at British airports following the accident yesterday
  • Helicopter search operations resumed at first light this morning in near-freezing conditions across remote terrain
The doomed Germanwings plane may have crashed because the windscreen cracked, causing a sudden drop in oxygen levels that rendered the pilots unconscious, it was claimed today.
Reports circulating on professional pilot forums suggested the black box on the Airbus A320 had been analysed and revealed that a 'structural failure' was responsible for the disaster.
Flight 4U 9525 dropped out of the sky and ploughed into a mountainside in the French Alps at more than 400mph yesterday, killing all 150 people board.
In the latest theory to emerge, it is thought the windscreen gave way, incapacitating the pilots and leaving them unable to send out a distress call.
That may explain what happened in what top French official Segolene Royal has described as the crucial minute between 10.30am - when the pilots were apparently chatting away - and 10.31am when contact was lost.
Flight radar data revealed the plane started its nosedive at 10.31am from an altitude of 38,000 feet.
However, experts are also discussing other theories including faulty speed sensors and technical problems related to the age of the aircraft.
France's transport minister says work had begun on retrieving vital data from the cockpit voice recorder, although first pictures showed it had been badly damaged and it was not clear how much, if any, information could be analysed.
26FA9AD000000578-3010610-image-m-89_1427
Edited by xxClosedxx

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

If there was a crack in a window the black box will have registered the deployment of oxygen masks. Very unlikely the pilots would have been rendered unconscious as a result and even if that were the case, autopilot should have steered the plane clear of danger. I suspect they will find a problem with the sensors, similar to AF447.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Timeline

I like the attempts to sensationalize the story with the use of 'the jet' and my favorite 'the doomed jet'... Does anyone entertain the notion German Wings would use a turboprop to carry 144 passengers?

Edited by JohnR!

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Timeline

Yep... One would think it obvious and still they use fillers such as 'jet' or 'doomed jet'... It's just a pet peeve of mine with a certain class of journalists.

Turboprop? Germanwings flight 9525 was an A320 Airbus, with Rolls Royce TurboFan engines. In other words, jet engines. Turboprop looks like this, which this flight was not.

Edited by JohnR!

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

It happened yesterday and a lot of information hasn't been released, even more information is as yet unknown. I think it's a good idea to slow your roll on the Mooslim terrorist angle at this point. I'm guessing that is where you are heading with the comment?

Folks on this site post and comment on all manner of things, some informed, some uninformed, others just endless backslapping. Regardless of your obvious displeasure of commentary on this flight, and whether or not it's accurate, on point, off point, or just plain aggravates you, your point is registered and disregarded. Why, because I can, and I will comment, especially when I see evidence that points in a direction.

As for Mooslims [your spelling], that's your interjection. As for why officials have not released the copilot name, well, that's not only my interjection, but virtually every news station out there is wondering the reason for it. His or her name may be mister magoo, or even perhaps hillary's server. While you play the pretentious journalist, I will continue on playing annoying poster.

Edited by xxClosedxx

Timeline

There is also the need for privacy, in case there is family that needs to be notified.

Although the terrorism angle may cause a tingle up one's leg followed by a warm sensation, we all need to be reminded that Airbus has consistently been plagued by design flaws.

It happened yesterday and a lot of information hasn't been released, even more information is as yet unknown. I think it's a good idea to slow your roll on the Mooslim terrorist angle at this point. I'm guessing that is where you are heading with the comment?

Has his/her family been notified?

...As for why officials have not released the copilot name...
Edited by JohnR!

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

There is also the need for privacy, in case there is family that needs to be notified.

Although the terrorism angle may cause a tingle up one's leg followed by a warm sensation, we all need to be reminded that Airbus has consistently been plagued by design flaws.

Has his/her family been notified?

None of my posts have provided anything more than the obvious question. The copilot, whether a HE of a SHE, has not been named. Everyone else on the flight has been identified. Now, unless the copilot's family is traveling with Doctor Livingston, and still using carrier pigeons to send and receive inter-city and international communication, then, it begs the obvious question as to why he's not been named. So, I openly suggest, and yes, I have no evidence other than the clear symptom, that there is another reason why he's not been named. I think it's very unlikely that officials have been unable to contact the next of kin. As for his race, ethnicity, motivation, religious affiliation if any, no one knows yet.

Edited by xxClosedxx

None of my posts have provided anything more than the obvious question. The copilot, whether a HE of a SHE, has not been named. Everyone else on the flight has been identified. Now, unless the copilot's family is traveling with Doctor Livingston, and still using carrier pigeons to send and receive inter-city and international communication, then, it begs the obvious question as to why he's not been named. So, I openly suggest, and yes, I have no evidence other than the clear symptom, that there is another reason why he's not been named. I think it's very unlikely that officials have been unable to contact the next of kin. As for his race, ethnicity, motivation, religious affiliation if any, no one knows yet.

The identity of the co-pilot has just been released. It's a win win for Tea Baggers everywhere!!

Barack-Obama-Flying-a-Plane--89540.jpg

Timeline

Ergo, we don't know for a fact whether the copilot's family was notified, which is one very plausible explanation as to why a name has not been released. In fact, it seems that the passenger list wasn't released either.

http://www.ibtimes.com/germanwings-passenger-list-frustration-brews-people-await-names-crash-victims-1858530

Germanwings Passenger List: Frustration Brews As People Await Names Of Crash Victims

Anger amid frustration brewed on social media Wednesday as the world awaited the names of the 150 people aboard Germanwings Flight 9525, which crashed in the French Alps Tuesday. Germanwings released an updated breakdown of the victims’ nationalities, but have yet to release their names and ages. Thomas Winkelmann, the airline’s CEO, said the company is attempting to reach relatives of 27 victims before publishing a final list, the Associated Press reported.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

As for his race, ethnicity, motivation, religious affiliation if any, no one knows yet.

motivation for choosing to be a pilot or motivation for dying?

Ergo, we don't know for a fact whether the copilot's family was notified, which is one very plausible explanation as to why a name has not been released. In fact, it seems that the passenger list wasn't released either.

http://www.ibtimes.com/germanwings-passenger-list-frustration-brews-people-await-names-crash-victims-1858530

Germanwings Passenger List: Frustration Brews As People Await Names Of Crash Victims

Anger amid frustration brewed on social media Wednesday as the world awaited the names of the 150 people aboard Germanwings Flight 9525, which crashed in the French Alps Tuesday. Germanwings released an updated breakdown of the victims’ nationalities, but have yet to release their names and ages. Thomas Winkelmann, the airline’s CEO, said the company is attempting to reach relatives of 27 victims before publishing a final list, the Associated Press reported.

Yes, the families will all be notified before there is any release of names to the PUBLIC. Keep in mind that this crash happened in France, where political correctness takes precedence over just about everything else. To be sure, the press will not know the victims before all the victims families have been notified.

In this case, the names of all crew including the pilot are known. However, the copilot name has NOT been released. That's the point.

Edited by xxClosedxx