chrissy29

Need help!

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi everyone,

I am British but I have lived in Malta for the past 9 years, I'm 21 and for the past year or so have decided i want to work with the airline industry as a flight attendant. I know I could get this job with a UK airline and move back there without any problems, but its my dream to live in the US. I have tried searching about visas but really don't understand which one I would need to apply for? Also would I need to get a job with an airline first so they could sponsor me for the visa? Does anyone know how this works? I'm aware I'm being ambitious and this could take a lot of time, but I really want this. Does anyone know of anyone who has done this and where I should start?

Thanks

Filed: Other Timeline

You need to be sponsored by a US company to get an H1 visa and the job needs to meet the set criteria. Unfortunately a flight attendant will not fit the bill.

You are only 21 so I would advise getting a job with an airline in the UK/Malta, you should be looking at the full service carriers like BA, Virgin.....try to aim for airlines that do transatlantic routes although you will not be put on these routes until you build up seniority/experience.

Alternatively look at low-cost carriers, easy to get in. Get experience and then head for a full service carrier.

Once in and you get yourself on transatlantic routes, you may meet a nice American and take it from there ;-)!!!!!

Filed: Timeline

Flight attendents do not get visas to live in the US. They get crew visas (a D visa) that allows them to enter the US as part of a working flight crew. (It is usually combined with a transit visa (C1), in case they need to transit the US to catch up with flight/cruise/whatever that they are assigned to, e.g., they fly into the New York to transit to LA to join a crew flying from LA to Bangkok). Airlines do not hire flight attendents in a foreign country and then pay all the expenses associated with transferring and maintaining that person in the US -- it's just too expensive when they can hire someone already in the US if they need crew members for a US domestic flight. You need to spend a lot more time researching the field if this is truly your chosen occupation.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Hi,

Sorry, your plan is probably a no go.

A U.S. airline would need to sponsor you for a work visa in order for you to live in the U.S. The chances of the employer getting you the work visa is nil since there are plenty of Americans who would like that job.

Best bet for time in the US is a foreigner carrier that flys into the US.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Brother, if it is your dream to go to the United States, I would just start by going there by any means, accepting any job.

Learn about the J-1 Visa. It's the fastest to get.

www.travel.state.gov

I just made a video explaining the J-1 Visa requirements, check it out if you're interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_M4aQI1ERyk

Stay ambitious!

TheBlackDiplomat

http://www.theblackdiplomat.com

A J-1 is not an immigrant visa.

Wow. You just happen to be able to help with a J-1 visa for a fee. Please post more promotional videos.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.