Nich-Nick

Another warning K1s. Get your shots!

144 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thanks Nich-Nick that's reassuring.

Can I just get clarification on your second sentence? Who sends a photocopy? And who do they send it to?

Thanks again for your help.

Knightsbridge should give you a photocopy of your vaccination sheet on the day.

Thanks Nich-Nick that's reassuring.

Can I just get clarification on your second sentence? Who sends a photocopy? And who do they send it to?

Thanks again for your help.

You will prepare an application to adjust status from K1 visa holder to permanent resident, ie apply to the USCIS for your greencard. One of the supporting documents is a sealed medical exam Form I-693 from a Civil Surgeon. Because you are a K1 and had a recent visa exam, the USCIS will accept your Knightsbridge results as clearance on things medical. However your Knightsbridge medical results may be lacking the shots required to clear you on immunizations. So you would have to see a Civil Surgeon to do the immunization part of the I-693, seal it in an envelope and give it to you to include with your AOS application.

BUT if you got all your shots written on the Knightsbridge immunization form DS-3025, then you photocopy what they handed you at Knightsbridge (a photocopy of the DS-3025) and put it in as a supporting document with your AOS application sent to USCIS. It isn't exactly official unsealed like that, but serves to let them know you are already cleared on that form instead of an I-693. The original is with your medical results and other files that you turned over at POE in that "do not open" white envelope the embassy sent with your passport/visa.

I think what K1s don't realize is that they are but a fraction of the total number of people that adjust status. Most applications are from people already in the US on other visas like work or student, or even no visa like refugees or VWP. So the USCIS contractor opening the mail generally finds a sealed medical report with the application. Finding your photocopy of the DS-3025 reminds them you are a K1 who doesn't need another exam and that you also completed all your immunizations at the time of your visa exam.

I think a lot of the civil surgeon problems are because they don't understand the K1 situation. The CS thinks that everybody who needs his service for a greencard application needs the whole exam because the large majority do. They don't read memos and materials sent to them and know K1s are an exception. So when you call to get your immunization sheet filled out, they say you are wrong and need a medical exam and they will fill out nothing unless you have a full exam. To avoid those situations, you can skip the whole civil surgeon thing by getting all your shots done and recorded at your visa exam.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

Knightsbridge should give you a photocopy of your vaccination sheet on the day.

You will prepare an application to adjust status from K1 visa holder to permanent resident, ie apply to the USCIS for your greencard. One of the supporting documents is a sealed medical exam Form I-693 from a Civil Surgeon. Because you are a K1 and had a recent visa exam, the USCIS will accept your Knightsbridge results as clearance on things medical. However your Knightsbridge medical results may be lacking the shots required to clear you on immunizations. So you would have to see a Civil Surgeon to do the immunization part of the I-693, seal it in an envelope and give it to you to include with your AOS application.

BUT if you got all your shots written on the Knightsbridge immunization form DS-3025, then you photocopy what they handed you at Knightsbridge (a photocopy of the DS-3025) and put it in as a supporting document with your AOS application sent to USCIS. It isn't exactly official unsealed like that, but serves to let them know you are already cleared on that form instead of an I-693. The original is with your medical results and other files that you turned over at POE in that "do not open" white envelope the embassy sent with your passport/visa.

I think what K1s don't realize is that they are but a fraction of the total number of people that adjust status. Most applications are from people already in the US on other visas like work or student, or even no visa like refugees or VWP. So the USCIS contractor opening the mail generally finds a sealed medical report with the application. Finding your photocopy of the DS-3025 reminds them you are a K1 who doesn't need another exam and that you also completed all your immunizations at the time of your visa exam.

I think a lot of the civil surgeon problems are because they don't understand the K1 situation. The CS thinks that everybody who needs his service for a greencard application needs the whole exam because the large majority do. They don't read memos and materials sent to them and know K1s are an exception. So when you call to get your immunization sheet filled out, they say you are wrong and need a medical exam and they will fill out nothing unless you have a full exam. To avoid those situations, you can skip the whole civil surgeon thing by getting all your shots done and recorded at your visa exam.

Thanks imcoming and Nich-Nick for taking the time to respond. Great tip about sending in a photocopy of the DS-3025 as a reminder.

I had to get one of my jabs after the medical but asked Knightsbridge to hold off sending my medical results to the embassy until I sent them proof of my final vaccine - which they did. I emailed to ask them to post me the DS-3025. They sent me a scanned copy - I suppose that's good enough?

What they sent was also only page 1 of 2, which the nurse said was normal. Also section 2 of the form which states whether vaccine requirements are complete (Summary for Immigrant Visa Applications) was not filled out - again the nurse said that was normal because K1's are not immigrant visas. I just wanted to check this seems right to you?

Thanks again for your helpful responses.

Yes. Your shots got on the form and your scanned copy is fine. The real original is in your medical file, so even if you got it on the day, it would still be a photocopy.

The results should be marked in my opinion. The form is newish and different enough from the other that she is doing her own thing on how they think it should be filled out. The official documentation hasn't caught up with the new form yet. I did finally find a reference but I will have to look for it again.

I think it remains to be seen how USCIS treats this new form and the results section that the Knightsbridge nurse won't fill out. The USCIS adjudicator's reference book tells them even if the results section is not done properly, it can still be accepted if they clearly see the shots are listed.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Timeline

Oddly, when i got mine there was an issue where they forgot toput in my varicella history, i emailed them to sort it and they said it was sorted. those emails are dated march 5th

however my CEAC status was last updated on the 3rd. does this mean knightsbridge only sent me the proper version?

* - 18th August 2014 - I-129f Sent

* - 21st August 2015 - Recived at CSC

* - 30th September - NOA 1 Received

* - 3rd November - NOA 2 Received

-- was never sent to NVC, got it re approved --

* - 9th January - NOA 2 approved

* - 13th January - Notice from CSC that it was sent this time to NVC

* - 21st January - Received at NVC

* - 22nd January - Case Number assisgned

* - 31st January - left NVC for London

* - 6th Feb - Arrived at Embassy

* - 10th Feb - Packet 3 Received and DS-160 Filled out.

* - 25th February - Medical :dancing:

* - 26th February - readiness form sent

* - 7th April - Interview - approved

* - 14th April - Visa in hand.

* - 17th April Tickets booked http://itsalmo.st/#timetofly

Timeline

Yes. Your shots got on the form and your scanned copy is fine. The real original is in your medical file, so even if you got it on the day, it would still be a photocopy.

The results should be marked in my opinion. The form is newish and different enough from the other that she is doing her own thing on how they think it should be filled out. The official documentation hasn't caught up with the new form yet. I did finally find a reference but I will have to look for it again.

I think it remains to be seen how USCIS treats this new form and the results section that the Knightsbridge nurse won't fill out. The USCIS adjudicator's reference book tells them even if the results section is not done properly, it can still be accepted if they clearly see the shots are listed.

Yes I would have felt more comfortable if the results section had been completed. She said they wouldn't complete it because K1 are not immigrant visas, and that section does state 'for Immigrant Visa Applicants'.

That's good to know that there is a reference stating that the form should be accepted so long as the shots are listed - which they are. In any case - the original form has gone to the embassy so not much I can do now!

Thanks for your help.

Hey, quick question for the more experienced on here. I'm glad I found this as I have just booked in to update a few of my immunizations here in the U.K. I printed off the travel.state webpage which list all those that need to be covered for an immigrant visa, so for AOS I'll be covered. The one I'm not 100% on whether I need to get in Pneumococcal, as the nurse at my surgery told me when I was younger it wasn't routine to get that however now like for my son he had that when he was a couple months old. So I've noticed on the Knightsbridge website that they give it and for only £37 so not too much, my question is should I go ahead and get that one when the time eventually comes for me to have my medical?

Oh yeah and there's one more, Rotavirus. They only introduced this into the childhood vaccinations in 2013. My son got this also at 3 months but I obviously didn't get it when I was younger. So far I can't find a doctors that gives this out. So basically is there any guys out there who needed or managed to get this one for their AOS too?

Any input is greatly appreciated.

h3aDm4.png

ZfQlm4.png

ut7Km8.png

iqv4m8.png

K-1: NOA1 to Visa Approval - 8 MONTHS, 19 DAYS

AOS: NOA1 to Green Card Approval - 3 MONTHS, 16 DAYS

ROC:  - NOA1: January 16, 2018; Case Received at Local Office: January 5, 2019;...

Citizenship:  - In Progress Estimated Completion Time: July 2020 (18 Months)

Many shots on the list are not age appropriate for adults. You get a waiver, For your adjustment of status, immigration is only looking for

mumps/measles/rubella (two doses, but there are waiver possibilities for dose 2)

diptheria/tetanus/pertussis or diptheria/tetanus (one dose has to be within the last 10 years)

Varicella (if you haven't had chickenpox)

Influenza (only for exams during flu season Oct 1-Mar 31)

A child will have a different list, depending on age.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Many shots on the list are not age appropriate for adults. You get a waiver, For your adjustment of status, immigration is only looking for

mumps/measles/rubella (two doses, but there are waiver possibilities for dose 2)

diptheria/tetanus/pertussis or diptheria/tetanus (one dose has to be within the last 10 years)

Varicella (if you haven't had chickenpox)

Influenza (only for exams during flu season Oct 1-Mar 31)

A child will have a different list, depending on age.

Thanks Nich-Nick! I have all those shots and luckily got the Dtap and that whilst I was pregnant to protect against whooping cough so that's all brand new. And chicken pox I've had. I just read that Rotavirus isn't given over 24 weeks of age so all good I guess.

My son on the other hand have all his immunizations need for the U.K. and then just move onto the U.S. schedule with ease :)

Thanks again.

h3aDm4.png

ZfQlm4.png

ut7Km8.png

iqv4m8.png

K-1: NOA1 to Visa Approval - 8 MONTHS, 19 DAYS

AOS: NOA1 to Green Card Approval - 3 MONTHS, 16 DAYS

ROC:  - NOA1: January 16, 2018; Case Received at Local Office: January 5, 2019;...

Citizenship:  - In Progress Estimated Completion Time: July 2020 (18 Months)

Timeline

The original of the vaccination sheet will be in the file with the other medical results, so that would cover it. However most send a photocopy of the sheet they gave you to remind them you are wanting them to clear you with that form (DS-3025).

Ok so I'm having problems even trying to get my injections done. For some reason the receptionists just don't have clue! When I rang I told the receptionist what shots I needed and WHY I needed them, she then proceeded to tell me 'You don't need any injections to go on holiday to America'. I then told her AGAIN that I'm trying to move to America and I need them for the move. Even though I know that is not true, I only need them for the AOS process, she then tells me I need to come in a get a holiday form to fill out which will tell me which injections I need :ranting: . She wouldn't even let me just book an appointment with the nurse. Is there anyway I could get them done somewhere else? I'm having real probelms with my surgery. The only other alternative is to book an appointment with my doctor and get her to help me out with the situation. I really don't want to do that as that is a waste of my doctor's time!

Got engaged: 10 May 2014

I-129F Sent : 02 Feb 2015

I-129F NOA1 : 10 Feb 2015

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 06 Mar 2015

Hrdcpy NOA2: 12 Mar 2015

NVC Received: 22 Apr 2015

Case # Assig: 23 Apr 2015

NVC Left : 29 Apr 2015

Embassy Received:05 May 2015

Medical Date: 07 May 2015

Packet 3 Received:07 May 2015

Packet 3 Sent: 07 May 2015

Packet 4 Received:19 May 2015

Interview Date: 16 Jun 2015 (Approved)

Issued: 29 Jun 2015

At Depot: 02 Jul 2015

P.O.A: 06 Aug 2015

Wedding: 28 Aug 2015

v5Hb.png

If you want to pay for them---Boots, ASDA, Tesco ?? Stores with clinics.

Get them done at Knightsbridge.

Do you have a shot record already? Is there any condition you need to see the doctor to write a statement?

How about one of these--

"I am the customer and your customer service sucks." Repeat over and over.

Ask the name of her supervisor and to speak to her.

Tell her you are rafting down the Amazon on a missionary trip just to get the appointment.

Walk in and make a fuss in person

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

It varies from one surgery to the next. We also had a hard time persuading them to administer missing vaccinations. That's because I didn't tell them I was rafting down the Amazon (Nich-Nick, where was that brilliant idea when I needed it?)

My records were destroyed in a flood a few years ago. I just got the ones I needed at a travel clinic and had a titre test to prove my immunity to measles, mumps and rubella. They gave me a letter and the lab carbon sheet as well as other documentation for it, which I will take with me.

My daughter had her MMR at school and has not had her booster. The Doctor here will not give it to her as they say they don't do it anymore! With our medical booked for 9 days time and it being a long weekend here, I am going to suck it up and pay at the medical so that we are complete, but if you have the time, I recommend Boots or a travel clinic as per Nich-Nick's post. They are cheaper and you can usually book them all for the same day so you attend and pay once. I used Emcare Travel and they waived the consultation fee if you actually had a shot administered, which was nice.

Lee & William

8/2/2014 - Sent I-129F Petition with USPS by Express Mail    
8/4/2014 - I-129F delivered to dropbox    8/6/2014 - NOA1 Text/E-Mail received    8/11/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed (Text/E-Mail) / NOA1 Letter received by Mail    3/16/2015 - NOA2 Text/E-Mail received (224 days)    3/20/2015 - Sent to NVC    3/31/2015 - NVC Received    4/1/2015 - Case Number Assigned       4/7/2015 - NVC Sent to Embassy    4/10/2015 - London Embassy Received    4/11/2015 - Medical     4/15/2015 - Packet 3 Received    4/12/2015 - Packet 3 Sent    4/23/2015 - Packet 4 Received    5/18/2015 - Interview - APPROVED     5/30/2015 - Visa collected from courier    6/1/2015 - POE    6/14/2015 - Wedding 💍💍

His nurse was happy to give him whatever shots he asked for, although she also wanted to give him hep A and B, which he doesn't need for this. Getting the actual printout of all the shots + a doctors note about former surgery (he does have large scars and I was afraid they'd question him about it) has proven to be a different matter of the reception saying one thing and the nurse saying another. When he goes back for his MMR booster, he'll hopefully collect that then. The only thing they wouldn't give him was the flu shot, but I am assuming since he's out of flu season by the time he has his interview there will be no point to having one.

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

The only thing they wouldn't give him was the flu shot, but I am assuming since he's out of flu season by the time he has his interview there will be no point to having one.

He won't need it as of yesterday. My daughter escapes it. I had mine in October, not dreaming that we would not have had our medical by now. I ended up with the flu in January! First time I've had it in years.

Lee & William

8/2/2014 - Sent I-129F Petition with USPS by Express Mail    
8/4/2014 - I-129F delivered to dropbox    8/6/2014 - NOA1 Text/E-Mail received    8/11/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed (Text/E-Mail) / NOA1 Letter received by Mail    3/16/2015 - NOA2 Text/E-Mail received (224 days)    3/20/2015 - Sent to NVC    3/31/2015 - NVC Received    4/1/2015 - Case Number Assigned       4/7/2015 - NVC Sent to Embassy    4/10/2015 - London Embassy Received    4/11/2015 - Medical     4/15/2015 - Packet 3 Received    4/12/2015 - Packet 3 Sent    4/23/2015 - Packet 4 Received    5/18/2015 - Interview - APPROVED     5/30/2015 - Visa collected from courier    6/1/2015 - POE    6/14/2015 - Wedding 💍💍

Timeline

If you want to pay for them---Boots, ASDA, Tesco ??

I recommend Boots or a travel clinic as per Nich-Nick's post. They are cheaper and you can usually book them all for the same day so you attend and pay once. I used Emcare Travel and they waived the consultation fee if you actually had a shot administered, which was nice.

I finally got an intelligent receptionist today who said she'll get the nurse to call me back on Tuesday. Bank holidays aren't always good lol. If she won't help then I'll just pop to boots!!

Thanks

Edited by Howeetest D

Got engaged: 10 May 2014

I-129F Sent : 02 Feb 2015

I-129F NOA1 : 10 Feb 2015

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 06 Mar 2015

Hrdcpy NOA2: 12 Mar 2015

NVC Received: 22 Apr 2015

Case # Assig: 23 Apr 2015

NVC Left : 29 Apr 2015

Embassy Received:05 May 2015

Medical Date: 07 May 2015

Packet 3 Received:07 May 2015

Packet 3 Sent: 07 May 2015

Packet 4 Received:19 May 2015

Interview Date: 16 Jun 2015 (Approved)

Issued: 29 Jun 2015

At Depot: 02 Jul 2015

P.O.A: 06 Aug 2015

Wedding: 28 Aug 2015

v5Hb.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.