ChimmeyChanka

Need Help Knowing If We Have Enough

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

So to start, I am from Canada and my Fiance is from the US, North Dakota to be exact. I spent a long, wonderful month with her in February, and I'll be going for three more weeks in July, which we will also be buying her engagement ring at that time. So the main concern for me, (sorry if this drags on) is that we will be starting the petition for the K-1 fiance when I'm there. I thought it would be best to start it with me there to help her. I mainly have a few questions and concerns that I will list below.

1. So one of my worries is our evidence. I know they want proof of meeting within 2 years with the forms, and proof of relationship at the interview. All of the evidence we have for the forms is plane ticket and schedule paper, passport stamp scans, a few photos ( we will be taking more in July, we were always shy so we weren't big on photos), engagement ring reciept, Skype call logs, and any more receipts of things done together when I'm there.

So I wanted to know if that seems like enough evidence. I'm worried it's not, but she says it's enough and not to worry. Also, do they want the actual receipts, or do scans work, and does it help if her and I were to sign anything together?

2. My other question involved the affidavit of support. She had just finished college not long ago and hasn't started her career yet, so her dad was going to fill out the form stating he will support me. Do you send these forms with the form I-129F? I also heard that they don't care much for other people besides the fiance supporting you. Would him adding a hand written letter stating his serious intent to support me help?

I'm probably more worried than I should be, that's what she always tells me. It's just that it's been two and a half long years, and we really want to start living our lives together. Sorry if this information is already on the site, I just didn't know where to start looking. Any help anyone can provide is very appreciated, thank you in advanced.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

So to start, I am from Canada and my Fiance is from the US, North Dakota to be exact. I spent a long, wonderful month with her in February, and I'll be going for three more weeks in July, which we will also be buying her engagement ring at that time. So the main concern for me, (sorry if this drags on) is that we will be starting the petition for the K-1 fiance when I'm there. I thought it would be best to start it with me there to help her. I mainly have a few questions and concerns that I will list below.

1. So one of my worries is our evidence. I know they want proof of meeting within 2 years with the forms, and proof of relationship at the interview. All of the evidence we have for the forms is plane ticket and schedule paper, passport stamp scans, a few photos ( we will be taking more in July, we were always shy so we weren't big on photos), engagement ring reciept, Skype call logs, and any more receipts of things done together when I'm there.

So I wanted to know if that seems like enough evidence. I'm worried it's not, but she says it's enough and not to worry. Also, do they want the actual receipts, or do scans work, and does it help if her and I were to sign anything together?

2. My other question involved the affidavit of support. She had just finished college not long ago and hasn't started her career yet, so her dad was going to fill out the form stating he will support me. Do you send these forms with the form I-129F? I also heard that they don't care much for other people besides the fiance supporting you. Would him adding a hand written letter stating his serious intent to support me help?

I'm probably more worried than I should be, that's what she always tells me. It's just that it's been two and a half long years, and we really want to start living our lives together. Sorry if this information is already on the site, I just didn't know where to start looking. Any help anyone can provide is very appreciated, thank you in advanced.

1. It sounds like you have PLENTY of evidence. I just provided passport stamps, copies of a couple airplane boarding passes, and a pic for the I-129f.

2. The I-134 is not needed until the interview stage. As for co-sponsors, it depends on the embassy. You should check out the Canada embassy page here for more info. Assuming your fiancee is not working by the time of the interview (or at least isn't making enough $), then her father will also have to provide an I-134 assuming the consulate in Canada accepts co-sponsors. He will have provide supporting documentation, just like she would have to do.

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?letter=C

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

Timeline

Hey thanks for the reply! Haha, it's nice to know we have a lot of evidence, I was worried we wouldn't have enough. Hey would you happen to know if they need scans of things like your birth certificate and plane tickets, or will they take the actual original copies of them?

Oh, and do you know what they need for proof of income?

Timeline

1. It sounds like you have PLENTY of evidence. I just provided passport stamps, copies of a couple airplane boarding passes, and a pic for the I-129f.

2. The I-134 is not needed until the interview stage. As for co-sponsors, it depends on the embassy. You should check out the Canada embassy page here for more info. Assuming your fiancee is not working by the time of the interview (or at least isn't making enough $), then her father will also have to provide an I-134 assuming the consulate in Canada accepts co-sponsors. He will have provide supporting documentation, just like she would have to do.

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?letter=C

Hey thanks for the reply! Haha, it's nice to know we have a lot of evidence, I was worried we wouldn't have enough. Hey would you happen to know if they need scans of things like your birth certificate and plane tickets, or will they take the actual original copies of them?

Your evidence gathered is perfectly fine, and photocopies/scans are fine. Your fiancé will need to send a photocopy of her birth certificate (long form) or a complete photocopy of her entire passport. Never send originals, you'll never get them back. Photocopy of passport with stamps and tickets/boarding passes are fine. If you have any receipts from dates or trips would help too. Photos taken at those same locations help to back that up (make sure to write the where/who/date on the back).

The I-134 does not get sent with your application. Take a look up at the guide http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide That will tell you everything that you need to send, and everything that your lady will need to send to you back at your home before your interview. In general, her dad will need an employer letter, and perhaps a tax transcript you can obtain from the IRS, but certain consulates have different requirements, so someone might be able to suggest something more. He will need to make enough to sponsour you.

The good news is, based on your location you will probably be approved speedily and move onto the next phase, so make sure to read up on everything so that you're super prepared.

Edited by yuna628

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Yeah, what Yuna said Give them copies, not originals.

And for proof of income, transcripts of tax returns from the IRS and pay stubs are sufficient. If you don't get a co-sponsor and it is just your fiancee doing it, I'd say a letter of employment too since she wasn't employed in 2014 (and therefore didnt file taxes).

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

Timeline

Your evidence gathered is perfectly fine, and photocopies/scans are fine. Your fiancé will need to send a photocopy of her birth certificate (long form) or a complete photocopy of her entire passport. Never send originals, you'll never get them back. Photocopy of passport with stamps and tickets/boarding passes are fine. If you have any receipts from dates or trips would help too. Photos taken at those same locations help to back that up (make sure to write the where/who/date on the back).

The I-134 does not get sent with your application. Take a look up at the guide http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide That will tell you everything that you need to send, and everything that your lady will need to send to you back at your home before your interview. In general, her dad will need an employer letter, and perhaps a tax transcript you can obtain from the IRS, but certain consulates have different requirements, so someone might be able to suggest something more. He will need to make enough to sponsour you.

The good news is, based on your location you will probably be approved speedily and move onto the next phase, so make sure to read up on everything so that you're super prepared.

Haha, thanks! Things like this really make me feel more confident about our papers. Trust me, I'm constantly researching ever thing about this visa, even though we aren't starting our papers until July. I'm really glad we have enough evidence, I was so worried we wouldn't. Thanks again. I'll continue researching until July, just to make sure.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.