Jump to content

affidavit of support

4 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello, I am trying to get my permanent residency and my father in law is my sponsor; he gave me his 1040 2014 form which he filled jointly with his wife and my lawyer is asking me to show proof of his income; on the 1040 it says aprox $48,000; I also have sources of income from Fidelity trust of $28,000 and social security benefits, form 1099 of aprox $21,000 that are only in his name.

How else can I prove his income is enough? The lawyer says he can't pinpoint of the 1040 my father in law's income.

Thank you!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

What visa are you adjusting from?

He needs to provide a complete copy of his tax return with all forms, attachments, schedules, W-2s and/or 1099s. Proof of his income can be letter from employer, recent pay stubs, benefits letters, or 6-12 months of bank statements showing income deposits. If he receives non-taxable income, then include the last 12 months of bank statements and perhaps highlight those income deposits along with 1099s and/or benefits letters that list the total of his non=taxable income amounts. Provide whatever types of proof pertain to his income situation.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > http://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ%20-%20Ciudad%20Juarez.pdf

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, I'm sorry I didn't respond for so long, I was hoping my lawyer will get this done by now but now he doesn't answer.

I am filling from F-1 visa.

I have all that, but now, since my father in law filled jointly with his wife, I don't know what his individual income is and what his household income is since he filled jointly with his wife.

They don't separate incomes on that form 1040 they filled so I don't know what to put in those boxes where the individual and household income is required to be filled.

I will mention that my father's in law individual income is enough to sponsor me.

Thank you!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.