9 posts in this topic

Does anyone know if there are 3 kids on a k2 that are follow to join...can each child k2 be done individually or do they all have to be done together? ?? My step children are on tje k2 but I cannot afford to do them all at once....I want to do one at a time....within the 1yr time frame given....can this be done....thanks in advance. ....

Each K2 will pay individual visa fees.

Minor children who are identified and listed in the approved I-129F petition may follow-to-join their petitioned parent.

However, such follow-to-join K2 visas can only be issued within one year from the time the parent was issued the K1 visa

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Each K2 will pay individual visa fees.

Minor children who are identified and listed in the approved I-129F petition may follow-to-join their petitioned parent.

Not exactly true......ALL children are to be listed on the 129f form. One lists only those children to be given a K-2 visa on the DS-160 online form.

However, such follow-to-join K2 visas can only be issued within one year from the time the parent was issued the K1 visa

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

I understand that each child individually will have to complete the ds160 ...médicals. ...pay the visa fee etc...each one ...but my question is....Can I do each child individually. ..example....bring youngest first complete the K2 process bring her... then start the 2nd one etcétera. ...till all 3 are here? ?? Or does it have to be done as a group all 3 at once.....??? That is my question

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

ya, can be done over stages. no worries there.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Thank you Darnell....That's what I needed to know...since its 3 children I'm going to need to do each one seperate bc of funds but I'm hoping to complete all by before the 1yr cutoff....if not then my husband will have to petition which ever one is left when he gets his residency....

So if I as the step parent petition the my step kids I need to do it as a IR2 visa correct???

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

ya, the uscitizen spouse can file ir-2 instead. PermRes spouse, to file, has a huge waiting time in the Visa Bulletin. USCitizen as petitioner, is immediately availability, normal calendar.

but I do say, stagger the K-2s, if you want to do that. who knows? Maybe get airfare discount if all done together.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.