kago16

HELP - Reporting New Employment After NOA1

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I filed the I129F petition for my fiancé and I received the NOA1 and I now await the NOA2. I recently accepted a job offer with a different company and I am not sure how to update my employment information to include my new employment.

I want to be proactive and report any and all change as I don't want any omission to detrimentally affect our K1 process.

Any advice, links and guidance you can provide will be appreciated.

Thank you!

Filed: Country:
Timeline

Hey Kago16,

I don't think you really have to worry about the change in job at this point as long as everything was true at the point you submitted the I-129F to the USCIS.

After the USCIS approves the I-129F, the national visa center does not need to know about updated employment info.

After the NVC the petition goes to the US consulate in your fiancees home country where she will have to be interviewed.

At that interview she or he has to take an affidavit of support signed by you the USC. if needed you can update any info on that form.

As far as the consulate is concerned, they want to feel confident from the affidavit of support that you have adequate income to support the fiancee.

I trust you have looked up the income level you need to have and show for the number of your family?

As long as you can show that on an annulized basis you should be fine.

When my fiancee had her interview in juarez mexico, I gave her my tax returns in addition to the affidavit form. She said the officer never even asked to see them just briefly looked at the affidavit.

After you get the visa and your fiancee arrives, you marry and then have to adjust her status letting the USCIS know she is not still a fiancee but rather your wife.

I just filed these AOS paperwork last week and it did request my most recient personal federal tax return. I sent the last 3 years even though it just asked for one.

Main thing is to keep documenting that you are earning the income level needed meaning no under the table work.

Good luck with your VJ

Rudy USC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.