J and T Thomas

visa denied...

60 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes you can as the USC petitioner can attend the K-1 interview at the US Embassy Manila. It isn't necessary but the CO did comment that it was good that I was there when I attended with my fiancee.

K-1 Visa

**AOS**

09/03/2014 AOS packet (I-485, I-765, I-131) delivered to Chicago lockbox

09/08/2014 NOA1 received for AOS, EAD, AP

10/01/2014 Biometrics

11/04/2014 I-485: Status changed to Testing and Interview

11/12/2014 EAD & AP Approved, combo card in production

11/22/2014 EAD/AP Combo card received

02/04/2015 AOS Interview - approved! Card in production

02/12/2015 Card received!

• 3 weeks later...

I made a call to NCSC today, and the woman told me they have not received the packet from Manila yet.But she could tell me that there is a POSSABILITY, that once they get it, and look it over again, that they may just ask for further evidence(wich i have) and then it could go back to USEM. has anyone been down this road?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes you can as the USC petitioner can attend the K-1 interview at the US Embassy Manila. It isn't necessary but the CO did comment that it was good that I was there when I attended with my fiancee.

Thank you.

K1 Visa

Service Center :California Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent : 12/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 2015-01-05

I-129F RFE(s) :2015-02-16

RFE Reply(s) : 2015-02-26

I-129F NOA2 : 2015-03-04

NVC Received :2015-03-20

Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned : 2015-03-23

NVC Left : 2015-03-25

Consulate Received : 2015-03-27

Interview Date : 2015-04-28

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2015-05-04

US Entry : 2015-05-18

Marriage : 2015-06-22

???❤️

Adjustment of Status

Date Filed : 2015-06-29

Interview Date : 2015-12-10

Timeline

My sister got 221g form for additional papers , they want an NBI clearance with AKA's . But she got her visa a week after when she submitted to them the requested document. The CO checked " REQUIRED CLEARANCES" -----NBI with AKA

Below it was " WHAT TO DO NEXT" : with a check on SUBMISSION OF REQUIRED DOCUMENTS.

Edited by Seriouslady40

Timeline

A big part of the CO decision is based upon how a person answers the questions, if there was hesitation, uncertainty or anything of that nature it will set off alarms with the CO. Most times the CO doesn't even look at the relationship evidence, except maybe to view a few pictures.

^^ This ... also, the CO may have asked questions about you that she could not answer, for example, the CO for my wife's K-1 interview asked her the following questions:

1. What is your fiance's father's middle name? What is his mother's maiden name?

2. How many bedrooms are in your fiance's house? How many bathrooms?

3. What kind of car does your fiance drive?

4. What college did your fiance graduate?

She was asked a total of 10 questions, but these were pretty obscure questions, but fortunately she could answer them because we just would talk about everything and anything. That said, interviews can be pretty intimidating, especially when the one on the receiving end has a lot at stake and doesn't want to fail. Any sign of nervousness or hesitation could send red flags to a CO, so remaining relaxed and composed is key.

In addition, some who are interviewed offer too much information when asked a question. Answering short and direct is best. For example if the CO asks, "How old is your fiance?" Simply answer with the age. No need to offer up the birthday if it's not asked. I say this example because my wife told me a woman was denied a K-1 at the embassy because she offered up her fiance's birthday, which turned out to be incorrect by the birth year by one year (she stated 1970 instead of 1971). This woman probably would have received a K-1 visa had she not offered information which was not asked.

Keep us updated! Good luck!

Timeline

Sounds to me like she still has a relationship with the kids Dad. They might be saving you from a mistake, possibly not, but she definitely was seeing him while talking with you in the beginning. I would hire an investigator and make sure before you spend more money and time she is being honest with you. It's pretty obvious why they denied it. You have to do what you think is best.

For those worried about an upcoming interview, my wife wasn't asked any questions she could get wrong. We submitted no photos, she brought some the day of her interview and he didn't look at them. We did submit hundreds of pages of chat. She was told it was approved at the embassy and she would see her passport in the future. The guy was really cool and she answered a question wrong but it was so open ended, what do I like to do for fun? She couldn't possibly know with out living with me. She said fishing because of a photo, but I didn't even own a fishing pole. They aren't interrogating you, it's just a quick friendly conversation with everyone that I've heard of.

yeah!!!! mr.madtownguy im the fiancee the beneficiary on what u comment i also told that to my fiancee and told him why they just don't do investigation about on me,or get an CI or do any spy on about me here at my place so they be know that i never been talk or seen that ####### father of my kids.......i wish so too mr.madtownguy that they just did that hire a investigator so they found out whats the truth or maybe u sir madtownguy can hire so they might enlighten that i never do lying to the CO ...... and ur wife is lucky to get aprroved and get an so cool CO unlike mine

Filed: IR-5 Timeline

yeah!!!! mr.madtownguy im the fiancee the beneficiary on what u comment i also told that to my fiancee and told him why they just don't do investigation about on me,or get an CI or do any spy on about me here at my place so they be know that i never been talk or seen that ####### father of my kids.......i wish so too mr.madtownguy that they just did that hire a investigator so they found out whats the truth or maybe u sir madtownguy can hire so they might enlighten that i never do lying to the CO ...... and ur wife is lucky to get aprroved and get an so cool CO unlike mine

The whole visa process is a pain. I went through an interview many years ago and the questions of the CO were really pretty basic, from how you met to where does he live or what he does for a living. I know you were probably nervous during the interview but somewhere along the lines, you've raised a red flag. As a result, the CO asked a kid. You know they said "kids don't lie".

My question is, what was the exact question did the CO ask your son?

Was it in Filipino language or English?

Again, I am not judging. Just want to know the whole story straight from the horse's mouth.

IR 5

01-04 Sent to USCIS

01-07 NOA1 via e-mail and text

01-21 Case approved

01-27 Case was sent to NVC

02-05 Case received by NVC

02-24 Got NVC case and IIN number

02-25 Submitted DS-261

02-26 Paid AOS

02-27 AOS showed as paid

03-15 Sent AOS and IV package

03-18 CS reviewed DS-261

03-19 NVC received AOS and IV package

03-19 Received IV invoice through e-mail but can't pay online :oops:

03-20 Paid IV fee

04-05 Submitted DS-260 (delayed due to vacay)

04-14 Case Complete online - confirmed by NVC rep

05-03 Medical Day 1

05-04 Medical Day 2 - passed yay!

06-02 Interview day :dancing:

• 5 months later...

hello been long time were not here.......first of all we get married last month and hoping on this group to guide us now going to CR1 now......i have question here what we do first now......i wanna clear here that we not get denied on k1 because while we do have all the preperations for marriage last month it also the time that the USEM send us email for another interview on K1 but to make story we did not pursue to have another interview we did decide to get marry and make it last month.....now the question what we do first on filling CR1 ? is it need to withdraw the K1 first before filling the CR1 even same petitioner???.... not yet do the process but want to know the first step to do?? ? ?thanks to all who are open to guide and help us for this new journey of me and my husband.... thanks to all and god bless us all .......new journey here we come.......

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

Since you didn't go to your second interview (why ???) and married instead you have to start all over with the CR1 which can take one year or more.

Here is the guide >>>>>>>> http://www.visajourney.com/content/i130guide1

The K1 does not need to be withdrawn in your case but you can send the embassy an email saying that you are pursuing a CR1 instead, not neccessary

though.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

hello been long time were not here.......first of all we get married last month and hoping on this group to guide us now going to CR1 now......i have question here what we do first now......i wanna clear here that we not get denied on k1 because while we do have all the preperations for marriage last month it also the time that the USEM send us email for another interview on K1 but to make story we did not pursue to have another interview we did decide to get marry and make it last month.....now the question what we do first on filling CR1 ? is it need to withdraw the K1 first before filling the CR1 even same petitioner???.... not yet do the process but want to know the first step to do?? ? ?thanks to all who are open to guide and help us for this new journey of me and my husband.... thanks to all and god bless us all .......new journey here we come.......

First, can you change your profile so others can see what visa you are chasing. Simple steps; Select your picture>Edit Your Profile located under your picture and scroll to the bottom and one of the questions under "immigration profile" is "Immigration Status". Use the drop down box to choose your visa type.

Second, there is a good website that you can follow that will help answer your questions. He is a current member and has helped many with understanding the CR-1 visa process. His website is http://jerryjja.wix.com/filipinasaswa#!uscis/c116m. His name here on VJ is j&ana.

Hope this helps and Thanks

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

• 2 weeks later...

We did not schedule the second interview, for several reasons. during the first interview, she was informed that our case would be sent back to uscis, and that she "had no chance"(told to her, by the officer at the releasing window)all of my attempts for a straight answer from our awsome government, went unanswered. so we just planned on getting married, and chase the cr1 visa.I flew into manila,aug.13th. got legal capacity, aug.14th then hauled ### to angeles city hall for marriage license.Then that night i get an email, saying we need to schedule another interview..I did not bring any evidence from home, so we could not present anything new to them. it was short notice,, and I really had no desire to step foot in that cluster f--k of an embassy(good ol USA) again....all the arrangements had already been made. Her family already had travel plans. Dresses were already bought. everything was set for aug. 28th wedding. we disussed our options, and decided to go ahead with the wedding, and let the k1 void.(Yes i know we could have done a fake wedding and got the second interview. ) so now, we just start again, and hope for the best.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

We did not schedule the second interview, for several reasons. during the first interview, she was informed that our case would be sent back to uscis, and that she "had no chance"(told to her, by the officer at the releasing window)all of my attempts for a straight answer from our awsome government, went unanswered. so we just planned on getting married, and chase the cr1 visa.I flew into manila,aug.13th. got legal capacity, aug.14th then hauled ### to angeles city hall for marriage license.Then that night i get an email, saying we need to schedule another interview..I did not bring any evidence from home, so we could not present anything new to them. it was short notice,, and I really had no desire to step foot in that cluster f--k of an embassy(good ol USA) again....all the arrangements had already been made. Her family already had travel plans. Dresses were already bought. everything was set for aug. 28th wedding. we disussed our options, and decided to go ahead with the wedding, and let the k1 void.(Yes i know we could have done a fake wedding and got the second interview. ) so now, we just start again, and hope for the best.

Best wishes for you both.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Not true 221g is the form to deny visa. Op will have to see what it says.

Somewhere here I saw a 221g example, and it seems it has checkboxes for the reason of not approving the visa, is that correct? maybe OP can get some idea if he can see her 221g

dg71gl.jpg8xovp4.jpg

Somewhere here I saw a 221g example, and it seems it has checkboxes for the reason of not approving the visa, is that correct? maybe OP can get some idea if he can see her 221g

I just replied to a reall,y old thread, missed the whole last page......ooops :)

dg71gl.jpg8xovp4.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.