Jump to content
Tina Marnia

HELP!!....There Has Got To Be Another Way??....

4 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

There has got to be another way to get a completed case with everything passing with no checklists, and passing on AOS!....

If My income for the past year is not above poverty lines?...what else can I show along with my crippled taxes?....On paper it shows I am below, but with my child care business, and part-time work I make enough....and what if I don't have a bank account?....can I have a notarized letter from clients stating I receive this or that amount of pay?.....

Please in need of advice ASAP!!!......

Thanks everyone in Advance!.....

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Your income from your child care should be reported on your income taxes. I would make sure you report it on this years return and possibly amend your previous years returns to show it as well.

You are technically a contractor, which means you will owe self-employment taxes. Figure approx 30% of your pay for contract work will need to be set aside for income and self-employment taxes. (before deductions, if any)

Amending your taxes for previous years will incur a penalty. The amount varies based on how much you did not pay.

It may be better to find a joint sponsor.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Very well suggestion by CheeAndPaul.

It would show up negatively if you disn't report your income and pay taxes where as if you amend your taxes you will not only pay past due but also interest on that past due (the due May not be a substantial amount).

At this moment as suggested by CheeAndPaul, looking for a joint sponsor would be a better idea.

Good luck.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not having a bank account is not a problem, you can document earnings other ways, but your earnings must match your taxes. As suggested, file a revised tax return for at least 2013, and report correctly for 2014, and you should be fine.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.