Tina Marnia

HELP!!....There Has Got To Be Another Way??....

4 posts in this topic

There has got to be another way to get a completed case with everything passing with no checklists, and passing on AOS!....

If My income for the past year is not above poverty lines?...what else can I show along with my crippled taxes?....On paper it shows I am below, but with my child care business, and part-time work I make enough....and what if I don't have a bank account?....can I have a notarized letter from clients stating I receive this or that amount of pay?.....

Please in need of advice ASAP!!!......

Thanks everyone in Advance!.....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Your income from your child care should be reported on your income taxes. I would make sure you report it on this years return and possibly amend your previous years returns to show it as well.

You are technically a contractor, which means you will owe self-employment taxes. Figure approx 30% of your pay for contract work will need to be set aside for income and self-employment taxes. (before deductions, if any)

Amending your taxes for previous years will incur a penalty. The amount varies based on how much you did not pay.

It may be better to find a joint sponsor.

Very well suggestion by CheeAndPaul.

It would show up negatively if you disn't report your income and pay taxes where as if you amend your taxes you will not only pay past due but also interest on that past due (the due May not be a substantial amount).

At this moment as suggested by CheeAndPaul, looking for a joint sponsor would be a better idea.

Good luck.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Not having a bank account is not a problem, you can document earnings other ways, but your earnings must match your taxes. As suggested, file a revised tax return for at least 2013, and report correctly for 2014, and you should be fine.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.