FoxxyBuggy

Proof of value of second home?

3 posts in this topic

(Male here) I get confused about the form numbers so please excuse me.

The form for the petitioner to show that he can provide for the petitioned was based on 2012 taxes. Since I was unemployed most of that tax year I did the 5x125% liquid assets and included letters from banks, statements from investment accounts, and various proof of value of my second house. The AOS was delayed, and a while back we received an RFE for 2013 taxes, so I sent them. In 2013 I worked only one month and was unemployed the rest of the year.

Recently we were sent a new RFE stating that we did not meet the proof of financial responsibility and highlighting the "get a sponsor."

Well, this seems odd. I did send adequate proof of about 7x 125% liquid assets (cash/savings/brokerage funds and 2nd house) On the house I included the town assessment which was $86,000 and I have zero mortgage. Why would they now, a year + later say "you did not meet proof of financial responsibility?"

Is something particular required to prove that one owns a 2nd house other than the tax bill that shows assessed value? It's easy to prove that a house assessed at $250,000 with a 100,000 mortgage has a net value of $150,00, but a bit difficult to "prove" that a house, listed and taxed in my name worth $86,000 with no mortgage (I owe nobody anything on it). Do I need something from the registry of deeds? I can get a copy of the town assessment showing taxes paid for past years, showing that zero is owed and that the property is in my name. I also included part of a lengthy 2011 assessment document.

Additionally I am also confused. USCIS does not say: "We do not want to use your original I-864 based upon 2012 taxes and need updated financial data." This would make sense especially in the light of asking for 2013 taxes. But the document has highlighted "get a sponsor." It seems that it should ask: "Please send current 5x 125% poverty of liquid assets?" It also seems that it should say: "Or proof that you have a job."

I started working as tech for a local hospital last September, and have worked 3 days x 8 hours now for almost 7 months. My annualized income is $40,000. This alone seems adequate yet they do not ask for this information.

I'm wondering if I should, once again, send proof of liquid assets (bank accounts/investment accounts + net value of the 2nd house) or if I should push the "I'm gainfully employed and have a letter from the hospital showing that it's a benefited permanent position over 2x what is needed.

h

I'm also wondering if I should rush through my 2014 taxes and simply do a new I-864? Suggestions?

I've called the AOS people, and get no real answers. We've both gone to the field office (repeatedly) and clearly one hand does not know what the other is doing. The field officer said:"Oh, you can just show proof of liquid assets "or" do a new I-854 based on 2014's taxes. But for crying out loud--I'm earning $40,000 annually--this should be enough but does not seem to be enough.

Maddening system so any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Did you submit evidence of your current income?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

If you are making more then enough now I will just use the job info with pay stubs or employment letter to verify your income. It will be less confusing for them and if you can, just do the I-864ez form. I believed you can if your wife is the only one you are sponsoring and you are using your job as only income. you will probably have to submit new form

ROC
Service Center : Nebraska Service Center
Consulate : Manila, Philippines
Marriage (if applicable): 2014-05-20
I-130 Sent : 2014-10-06
I-130 NOA1 : 2014-10-09
I-130 RFE for NSO copy of marriage certificate: 2014-11-03
I-130 RFE Sent : 2014-11-18
I-130 Approved : 2014-12-07
NVC Received : 2014-12-23
NVC case number: 2015-02-04
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2015-02-04
Pay AOS Bill : 2015-02-05
Submit DS-261 : 2015-02-05
Sent AOS Package : 2015-02-09
Sent IV Package : 2015-02-09
Scan date : 2015-02-10
Receive IV Bill : 2015-03-03
Pay IV Bill : 2015-03-06
Submit DS-260: 2015-3-12
Case Completed at NVC : 2015-03-20
Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter: 2015-3-27
Medical complete: 2015-04-08
Interview Date : 2015-05-08
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2015-05-13

Date of US Entry : 2015-06-09

Date of Social Security card receive : 06-2015

Date of Green Card received 07-2015

Date of ROC FILE 05-19-2017

I-751 NOA Date 05-26-2017

http://jerryjja.wix.com/filipinasaswa?_ga=1.194674661.91538870.1441656248

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.