neyo

k2 visa help

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

HI, i filled for a I-129F last august just got a notice of approval,

but now i want to know what the next step is to getting my step daugthers k2, shes is 5 years old,

My fiance and step dauther are currently residing in colombia.

Can both of them come in at the same time or is there another way of doing this.

At this point your fiancee will apply for a K1 visa and K2 for her daughter (I am assuming a mom and daughter...) They will both submit packet 3 and both get packet 4 and interview the same day.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

yes its mom and daughter

ok so youre sayign my fiancee needs to fill out a k2 visa, or is all this in the packet 3 she will receive.
im traveling down to colombia early next month so i just need to know if they both can come over to the states at the same time, or if need to cancel and go another route.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

your child (k2 visa holder) may enter the U.S. up to one year after their K-1 parent. But they may not enter the U.S. before your K-1 parent enters. The K2 child may enter the United States at the same time as their K1 parent, if the U.S. sponsor and K1 applicant don't get married prior to 90'days, both the K2 and K1 applicant must return back to their home country.

8-17-14 Kathlein and I started Dating

1-22-15 Visited Kathlein in the Philippines

1-30-15 We got engaged

2-14-15 I-129F Packet Sent to the Dallas, Texas Lockbox (Sent from Kuwait)

2-25-15 I-129F Packet recieved at Dallas, Texas Lockbox

3-02-15 I-129F Packet recieved at USCIS California Sevice Center

3-06-15 Fiancé Recieved NBI and Police Background Checks

3-09-15 NOA1 Received (I-129F Opened) 23 Days From Packet Sent

3-20-15 NOA2 Received by Email (I-129F Approved) 11 Days From NOA1

3-26-15 NOA2 Recieved by Mail

4-07-15 I-129F Recieved by NVC from CSC

4-08-15 Received Case Number from NVC

4-23-15 Kathlein applied for hers and her kids passports at the DFA in CDO

6-08-15 Kathlein Recieved passports for her and the kids

6-08-15 DS-160 Visa Application Completed

6-09-15 Payed for the Visa Application at BPI Bank and Recieved MRV Slip

rIcffg.jpg

8-05-15 Fiance and Son arrived to the USA.

10-24-15 we got married.

11-20-15 CHICAGO lockbox received I-485.

12-03-15 Received text and Email notification the I-485 was received.

of course they can both come over at the same time! :) The beauty of a K1 visa is the allowance of derivatives. I trust that you put the child's name on the I-129F where it asks for names of children?

http://bogota.usembassy.gov/immigrant_visas/fiance-visas.html

The process for the K2 will be much the same as the K1, and they will happen at the exact same time. After your NOA2, the petition is sent to the NVC where you get a case number. Then it is sent to the embassy. The embassy will contact your fiancee and inform them of what is needed (this is package 3.) Your fiancee will pay the non-immigrant fee and fill out the DS-160 and send the information back to the embassy and she can book the interview date for both her and her daughter. The embassy will send p4 either before or after the interview is booked (i'm unsure of the timeline for Bagota) confirming they can have or do have an interview. This is called the P4 or packet/package 4.

Both her and her daughter will need a medical exam from a panel physician and take those results to the interview with them along with a new letter of intent from you, and the I-134 and supporting documents. Remember you need to make enough for a family of 3, not 2.

They will both attend the interview and then hopefully get their K1 and K2 visas soon after.

I do not know if you are allowed or supposed to attend the interview with your fiancee but that is a question you can ask in your regional forum.

After your fiancee arrives in the USA, you get married. Then she applies for her adjustment of status. If you apply for a child at the same time, if they are under the age of 14, the fee for the child is only $635 vs the $1070 for your new wife.

Edited by NLR

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

thanks a lot NLR

and yes the child's name was on the I-129F petition :D

i trust everything will go as you have explain, and yes i believe i make enough for a family of 3

i don't think I'll have a problem with the I-134 form and documents my only other concern was i have to be present for the interview. but I'll ask around

are they still setting up the interview dates online

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.