lost_at_sea

Check my RoC Evidence list request

6 posts in this topic

Hey all, it's coming to my turn to do RoC. As with everything else, I'm trying to make sure I have my ducks in a row before my earliest filing date (May 1st) so I can get it all sent as soon as I can.

Just for clarity, we married May 3rd 2013, did DCF for a CR-1 and moved end of July 2013 - so our 2 year wedding anniversary just so happens to land almost exactly on my RoC open-filing window date, so our "time in america" duration is pretty much the same as our "actually married" duration, so I've not really got any married evidence from before that time! :)

Here's my list, please let me know any alterations you think I should make and/or additions.

* 2013 Married filled joint tax receipt

* 2014 Married filled joint tax info (will be a receipt if we get it filed soon enough and the IRS can provide the receipt, else I'll send a copy of the full return)

* House deed with both names

* Copy of my GC

* Copy of my State ID (shows address)

* My 401k beneficiary information (he's sole benefactor), and the same the other way around

* Ditto life insurance both ways

* Shared loan for car we bought last year and I'm on the title (even though I can't drive it!)

* Health insurance information (I'm on his work plan)

* Health bill information (we both had various treatments over the time we've been here, so it lists both names and what was done/paid etc.)

* Joint bank and savings account statements from Sept 2013 until now (shall I send monthly or quarterly?)

* Shared credit card attached to said accounts (should I send copies of the actual cards, or just some statements?)

* Shared AMEX account and cards

* Mortgage information (I'm not on the mortgage because credit score was low at the time of applying, but I am listed on the application documents because I jointly own the actual house etc.)

* Joint t-mobile phone account (the bills only list the phone numbers, not by name, but I can highlight this)

* Schwab account statements for each of us (we both have a separate account each, both get physical statements)

* His name is on the utilities, but I'll include a few for the sake of showing matching address

* A few boarding passes for trips we took

* I kept a few receipts for larger furniture purchases we made when we first moved into our new place that are in my name

We've got no kids. I don't drive, so the insurance for that is just for him. I didn't change my name. I feel like that's a good list though, but as always, would appreciate someone giving it the once over.

Do people bother with affidavits? They're so obviously flimsy evidence of anything, so it feels a bit like a waste of time.

Thank you!

Edited by lost_at_sea

* I-130/CR-1 visa by Direct Consular Filing in London
3rd May 2013 - Married in London

7th May 2013 - I-130 filed
4th June 2013 - NOA2 (approved)
16th July 2013 - Interview (approved)
30th July 2013 - POE San Francisco
29th August 2013 - 2 year green card arrived

* How? Read my DCF London I-130 for CR1/IR1 Spouse Guide

* Removal of Conditions (RoC) via California Service Centre
1st May 2015 - 90 day RoC window opened
6th May 2015 - I-751 filed (delivered 8th May, cheque cashed 18th May)
7th August 2015 - Approved / GC production

27th August 2015 - 10 year green card arrived

* Naturalisation (Citizenship) via Phoenix Lockbox

* San Francisco Field Office:
1st May 2016 - N-400 window opened
20th August 2016 - N-400 filed

26th August 2016 - NOA1
13th September 2016 - Biometrics

12th January 2017 - Biometrics (again)
30th May 2017 - Interview (approved)
7th June 2017 - Oath

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

That's pretty nice evidence but I have one question. How did you get on the car title? My husband was told again today that I cannot be included until we pay the car off and because I don't have enough credit.

Our K-1 journey * I am the beneficiary *

08/03/2012 sent I-129F

06/27/2013 Interview at Frankfurt Consulate = Approved.

08/09/2013 Wedding!

AOS

09/03/2013 Sent AOS + EAD + AP

12/30/2013 PR card in hand.

ROC

09/29/2015 Sent I-751

10/30/15 Biometrics

05/19/16 Approved

N-400

10/04/2016 Send Package

10/15/2016 NOA

11/04/2016 Biometrics

02/01/2017 Interview

02/23/2017 Oath!

Hey back at you. Good to see you around. Giving my opinion.

* 2013 Married filled joint tax receipt

* 2014 Married filled joint tax info (will be a receipt if we get it filed soon enough and the IRS can provide the receipt, else I'll send a copy of the full return)

* Copy of my State ID (shows address)

Do you mean transcript, not receipt?

Copy his DL right beside yours to show both at same address

* Joint bank and savings account statements from Sept 2013 until now (shall I send monthly or quarterly?)

I sent earliest, middle, and latest...not even quarterly and only the first page that showed names and account number.

* Shared credit card attached to said accounts (should I send copies of the actual cards, or just some statements?)

* Shared AMEX account and cards

I copied the actual cards since both names did not appear on the statement. I blocked out the middle numbers for security reasons but showed they started and ended the same.

* Joint t-mobile phone account (the bills only list the phone numbers, not by name, but I can highlight this)

A little weak without both names. You have so many other things that are excellent, I would leave this out.

* Schwab account statements for each of us (we both have a separate account each, both get physical statements)

Not joint so misses the point really.

* His name is on the utilities, but I'll include a few for the sake of showing matching address

I'd skip this too since not joint.

We've got no kids............. I didn't change my name.

Same here and way less evidence than you. No problems at all.

Do people bother with affidavits?

Only when they have weak lists. Yours is excellent. Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Not that you need more evidence, but consider crafting wills, medical powers of attorney, and similar documents. Yes, these make excellent evidence for ROC; however, they're even more crucial to have in "life."

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

That's pretty nice evidence but I have one question. How did you get on the car title? My husband was told again today that I cannot be included until we pay the car off and because I don't have enough credit.

Maybe it's just the credit thing? We bought our car in October from a dealership, and while we were there we decided to take out a small loan to buy it and have me co-sign for it so that I'd get a new, different, line of credit. When they ran our credit checks, mine came back fine. I didn't really think about it past that. I honestly don't know more than that. I just signed the forms!

26th August 2016 - NOA1

7th June 2017 - Oath

Hey back at you. Good to see you around. Giving my opinion.

Do you mean transcript, not receipt?

Copy his DL right beside yours to show both at same address

I sent earliest, middle, and latest...not even quarterly and only the first page that showed names and account number.

I copied the actual cards since both names did not appear on the statement. I blocked out the middle numbers for security reasons but showed they started and ended the same.

A little weak without both names. You have so many other things that are excellent, I would leave this out.

Not joint so misses the point really.

I'd skip this too since not joint.

Same here and way less evidence than you. No problems at all.

Only when they have weak lists. Yours is excellent.

You are, of course, right. I'll drop the bits that aren't useful - the phone bill I might be able to get something better for - I'm a second line, and maybe his view in the online account shows the numbers + associated names, but I'm not going to sweat it if it doesn't.

And yes - I meant transcript!

I'll tell you what, the worst thing about this stage is just the sheer amount of PAPER I have accumulated. Since we arrived, I've had everything turned on for paper billing and sticking everything into folders for later etc., and we just get so much mail now. I cannot wait to turn on paperless-billing for everything and stop killing trees.

Thank you, your reassurance is worth a lot to me!

26th August 2016 - NOA1

7th June 2017 - Oath

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.