8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I have this message today on my Case Status page: "On March 9, 2015, we sent your case, Receipt Number AAA??????????, to the Department of State for visa processing". What does this mean exactly? I know it is something good, I just want to know exactly before I contact my fiancee. Should I be excited about this?

I filed an expedite request on Feb 24 on the telephone. On Feb 25 I got an email saying that my request met the requirements for expedited processing and that the case was now under expedited review. That email also said that I should receive a "decision or notice of further action within 10 days" of the email. Assuming that is 10 business days, that would be tomorrow, March 11.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

This means that your petition was approved by USCIS and is now in the next stage. You should receive a NOA2 in the mail within a few weeks. All your contacts will now be done with the NVC (National Visa Center) You can start calling them within a week or two to see if they received your case.

Congrats!

Our K-1 at Texas Service Center

I-129F Sent: 07-02-14 (USPS Overnight Express)
I-129F Rcvd: 07-03-14
NOA1: 07-08-14

NOA1 Hardcopy: 07-14-14

ARN Changed: 07-16-14

NOA2: 01-23-15 (199 days)

Sent to NVC: 01-27-15

NOA2 Hardcopy: 01-30-15 (No consulate listed, inquiry opened)

NVC Received: 02-06-15 (Case # assigned)

NVC Sent: 02-19-15

London Embassy Received: 02-23-15

Readiness Submitted: 03-02-2015

Packet 3 Received: 03-03-2015

Packet 4 Received: 03-12-2015

Medical: 03-04-15 (Passed)

Interview: 04-10-2015 (Approved!)

Visa Issued: 04-15-2015

Visa In Hand: 04-21-2015

POE: 05-03-2015

Wedding: July 10, 2015

3,419 miles (L) Distance means nothing when your heart says "I love you"

YVjFm5.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to K1 Progress Forum~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

It says the same thing for me too! I was wondering what that meant, I have been calling the NVC at all hours of the day and the line always goes to an automated message saying that it is busy and call back later. (later is always busy too though!)

When I spoke to someone at the USCIS they said it could take from 30-90 days for it to be processed at the NVC...my NOA2 days that it will be EXPIRED in June 2015... ?! Why do they put an expiration date on these things??!!!!

I haven't heard if it has been received/assigned a bin/number etc. for 2 weeks now... any info would be helpful!

Thanks!!

:luv:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

It says the same thing for me too! I was wondering what that meant, I have been calling the NVC at all hours of the day and the line always goes to an automated message saying that it is busy and call back later. (later is always busy too though!)

When I spoke to someone at the USCIS they said it could take from 30-90 days for it to be processed at the NVC...my NOA2 days that it will be EXPIRED in June 2015... ?! Why do they put an expiration date on these things??!!!!

I haven't heard if it has been received/assigned a bin/number etc. for 2 weeks now... any info would be helpful!

Thanks!!

Once your case has left USCIS don't bother listening to them about the NVC processing times. For the most part they can't even balance their own workload.

Our time at NVC was very fast - our petition arrived and left NVC within a two week period. Both times I called the NVC I had to go through the same annoyance (I called at 8:00pm est and later) - called 20-30 times, received the message "Due to the high call volume...." and a busy signal. Just hang up, retry. The second time I called I rang them 60 times before I was placed in the queue. You will know you're in the queue once you get something OTHER than "Due to the high call volume..."

After being in the queue, plug in your mobile and hang tight - most people are on hold for 30 minutes to over an hour. Both times I called it was a 45 minute wait.

Without calling the NVC and speaking to an agent you will only know you were assigned a case number by receiving the letter from the NVC. The problem is that not everyone ends up receiving it. Just be patient, call over and over and over when you have an hour or two free time and get someone on the phone. What date did it leave USCIS? I started calling the NVC two weeks after it was sent. You won't be able to track it any longer after it leaves the USCIS service center and it will never tell you that the State Department has received your petition. You either call NVC or wait for the letter.

Thank you so much for the information. I thought "State Department" meant NVC, but I was not sure.

Yep, they seem to use these interchangeably.

NVC = National Visa Center is also the DOS = Department of State.. or State Department.

Our K-1 at Texas Service Center

I-129F Sent: 07-02-14 (USPS Overnight Express)
I-129F Rcvd: 07-03-14
NOA1: 07-08-14

NOA1 Hardcopy: 07-14-14

ARN Changed: 07-16-14

NOA2: 01-23-15 (199 days)

Sent to NVC: 01-27-15

NOA2 Hardcopy: 01-30-15 (No consulate listed, inquiry opened)

NVC Received: 02-06-15 (Case # assigned)

NVC Sent: 02-19-15

London Embassy Received: 02-23-15

Readiness Submitted: 03-02-2015

Packet 3 Received: 03-03-2015

Packet 4 Received: 03-12-2015

Medical: 03-04-15 (Passed)

Interview: 04-10-2015 (Approved!)

Visa Issued: 04-15-2015

Visa In Hand: 04-21-2015

POE: 05-03-2015

Wedding: July 10, 2015

3,419 miles (L) Distance means nothing when your heart says "I love you"

YVjFm5.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I have this message today on my Case Status page: "On March 9, 2015, we sent your case, Receipt Number AAA??????????, to the Department of State for visa processing". What does this mean exactly? I know it is something good, I just want to know exactly before I contact my fiancee. Should I be excited about this?

I filed an expedite request on Feb 24 on the telephone. On Feb 25 I got an email saying that my request met the requirements for expedited processing and that the case was now under expedited review. That email also said that I should receive a "decision or notice of further action within 10 days" of the email. Assuming that is 10 business days, that would be tomorrow, March 11.

Just a question, when you called to submit your expedite request did they ask you for specific information as to why you met the criteria?

Yesterday I called to submit my second expedite request, because during the first one they said I did not provide evidence (they never gave me the opportunity to do that), so when I called yesterday they didn't ask me for information about the criteria either. They basically just checked the box next to the criteria I told them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Naturalization Timeline
02/08/2022 - N-400 submitted online

02/09/2022 - status update (your case is being actively reviewed by USCIS)

02/09/2022 - letter received in online inbox - biometrics being reused, no appointment required

08/01/2022 - interview notice received

09/20/2022 - interview scheduled

APPROVED!

09/21/2022 - Oath Ceremony

09/21/2022 - Applied for passport book & card and registered to vote

10/29/2022 - received passport book (not expedited)

11/03/2022 - received passport card

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

My fiancee is in Kyiv, Ukraine. The lady on the phone explained all of the expedite reasons and I felt Ukraine qualified under Severe Financial Loss, Extreme Emergent Situation and Humanitarian Situation.

Under financial loss she wrote for me that food has doubled in price, gas tripled, heating oil tripled and the hryvnia has lost half its value in 3 months from 14 to 1 in Nov to 28 to 1 now. Also my fiancee is an artist, a painter and has no income because she cannot sell paintings in the economic situation.

Under emergent situation she wrote for me that there had just been a terrorist bombing of a peace rally, the Prime Minister had said the conflict was spreading and there were documented to be 700 uniformed Russian regulars on the ground in eastern Ukraine.

Under Humanitarian she wrote for me that there are more than 100,000 internally-displaced refugees in Ukraine from the fighting and that it was putting huge pressure on social services everywhere in Ukraine.

I hope this helps.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.