CG&LGG

Expedite request....need help

27 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

You are correct. My mother is dying and I do not like to talk about it.

Because of the situation with my mother I have exhausted all resources and paid days off.

Therefore any days needed to help my fiancé relocate or go to the interview would be unpaid at a financial loss.

I called. Both times. And both times they told me that I would be contacted via email in 5 days by a local office requesting evidence as to why I meet the criteria. I was never given the opportunity to submit any evidence because they never asked for it. 5 days after the submission, I DID receive an email, but it was saying my request was declined for lack of evidence.

AND, when I called yesterday about the original request being declined due to "lack of evidence" even though I provided the referral number for the original expedite request, they said an expedite request had NEVER been submitted. Yet if I go to USCIS.gov and look at my case it clearly says an expedite request was submitted on 3/2/15 and completed on 3/5/15.

Naturalization Timeline
02/08/2022 - N-400 submitted online

02/09/2022 - status update (your case is being actively reviewed by USCIS)

02/09/2022 - letter received in online inbox - biometrics being reused, no appointment required

08/01/2022 - interview notice received

09/20/2022 - interview scheduled

APPROVED!

09/21/2022 - Oath Ceremony

09/21/2022 - Applied for passport book & card and registered to vote

10/29/2022 - received passport book (not expedited)

11/03/2022 - received passport card

Because of the situation with my mother I have exhausted all resources and paid days off.

Therefore any days needed to help my fiancé relocate or go to the interview would be unpaid at a financial loss.

I called. Both times. And both times they told me that I would be contacted via email in 5 days by a local office requesting evidence as to why I meet the criteria. I was never given the opportunity to submit any evidence because they never asked for it. 5 days after the submission, I DID receive an email, but it was saying my request was declined for lack of evidence.

AND, when I called yesterday about the original request being declined due to "lack of evidence" even though I provided the referral number for the original expedite request, they said an expedite request had NEVER been submitted. Yet if I go to USCIS.gov and look at my case it clearly says an expedite request was submitted on 3/2/15 and completed on 3/5/15.

Completed, as in denied. Unfortunately for you.

ROC Timeline!

Service Center : California Service Center

NOA2017-09-01

Biometrics : 2017-09-28

ROC Approved 2019-01-17

AOS Timeline!

Marriage : 2015-01-10

AOS/EAD/AP NOA : 2015-01-20

Biometrics : 2015-02-17

EAD/AP Approved : 2015-03-17

NPIW : 2015-06-11

AOS Approved : 2015-11-24

K-1 Visa Timeline!

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : Frankfurt, Germany

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-03-11

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-08-12

Consulate Received : 2014-09-15

Interview Date : 2014-11-13

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2014-11-15

US Entry : 2014-12-31

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I know this. However it says for "lack of evidence". They never gave me the opportunity to submit evidence. Yesterday when I spoke to the representative, I asked her if she could please state WHY I am requesting this in the notes for the officer to see. She said no. That all she can put is the category for criteria. And that they will ask for evidence in 5 days.

Naturalization Timeline
02/08/2022 - N-400 submitted online

02/09/2022 - status update (your case is being actively reviewed by USCIS)

02/09/2022 - letter received in online inbox - biometrics being reused, no appointment required

08/01/2022 - interview notice received

09/20/2022 - interview scheduled

APPROVED!

09/21/2022 - Oath Ceremony

09/21/2022 - Applied for passport book & card and registered to vote

10/29/2022 - received passport book (not expedited)

11/03/2022 - received passport card

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Maybe an INFOPASS meeting is warranted.

Remember that your fiance can delay entry to the US for up to 6 months following K-1 issuance.....and many Embassies have extended the time period beyond that upon request.

I don't believe your case for financial loss is valid for an expedite, you don't need to take any days off to assist him to go to the interview and the same for relocating here, you can book his flight to arrive when you are not at work. My prayers are with you and your family concerning your mother.......again, entry to the US can be delayed.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

I feel so sorry for you and this sitauation.

It's a horrible time to be waiting when you have a mother who is very sick.

But I honestly think you are wasting your time, I always tell people to try and if they are denied at least they tried but I really don't think you have grounds for expedite.

Expedites are extreamly hard to get granted. And the fact that the medical emergency isn't for the beneficiary or petitioner directly, I think it's impossible.

Financial hardship is even harder to prove, and I wish I had more answers for you but these have to directly affect you, and in the eyes of USCIS they don't.

My Name is Daisy, I am British, I say things bluntly and to the point.
London K1, A complete guide -- >http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/474161-london-k1-a-complete-guide/
I am Daisy the Beneficiary, These are my views!
U.K. k1 visa, approved 2014.

NOA1: 20/03/2014

NOA2: 11/04/2014 (22 days)

Interview: 09/07/2014 (111 days)

D.O.E 29/07/2014

Married 29/08/2014

AOS from K1/K3 Guide -->http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos

AOS/EAD/AP Sent: 12/11/2014

Delivered at Chicago LB:15/11/2014

NOA1 (all 3): 17/11/2014

NOA1 (all 3) hardcopy: 24/11/2014(Notice date 20th)

Bio-metrics App letter: 28/11/2014(Notice date 21st)

Bio-metrics App Cleveland Ohio: 10/12/2014

EAD/AP:Approved/production 31/01/2015(update 2/2/1015) (80 days)

Combo Card: Mailed 5/2/2015

Combo Card: Delivered 6/2/2015AP

NOA: Approval Notice received 7/2/2015

Interview waiver letter: received 23/2/15 dated: 18/2/2015

Green Card: APPROVED 31/07/2015

(Remember, all my dates are British layout.. the proper layout!)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

http://www.uscis.gov/forms/expedite-criteria

• Severe financial loss to company or individual
  • Extreme emergent situation
  • Humanitarian situation

above are some of the grounds to expedite the application process [ k1 for my fiancee in my case]. Here's my situation :

my fiancee is not working [ unemployed] and sick and she needs medical attention and lives with her parents.

Can i request to expedite our K1 application based on the fact that i can't take leave or quit my job in the US to take care of her ? And moreover, i need her to visit US and get married ASAP so i can add her to my employment benefits [ medical] for further diagnosis ? This is really taking a toll on us.

If the expedite request is rejected for some reason, will her application be in jeopardy ? I wish USCIS would see the hardships faced by many of us and not just files/papers when they can.

Love is the shortest distance between two hearts.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

• Humanitarian situation
above are some of the grounds to expedite the application process [ k1 for my fiancee in my case]. Here's my situation :

my fiancee is not working [ unemployed] and sick and she needs medical attention and lives with her parents.

Can i request to expedite our K1 application based on the fact that i can't take leave or quit my job in the US to take care of her ? And moreover, i need her to visit US and get married ASAP so i can add her to my employment benefits [ medical] for further diagnosis ? This is really taking a toll on us.

If the expedite request is rejected for some reason, will her application be in jeopardy ? I wish USCIS would see the hardships faced by many of us and not just files/papers when they can.

I believe that you should attemp to get an expedite.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Libya
Timeline

What is the address and process for sending it my postal mail?

Thanks so much!

It should be mailed to your service center. I'm not sure where yours is at. But just google USCIS xxxxxx Service Center address.

19-Sept-14: I-129F Delivered

23-Sept-14: NOA1 (I-797C ~ Texas Lockbox accepted I-129F)

24-Sept-14: NOA1 (E-mail & Text)

Sent to California Service Center

3-Nov-14: Requested expedite by mailed letter with UN Human Rights Reports (Humanitarian Situation)

14-Nov-14: NOA2 (I-129F Petition Approved ~ E-mail & Text)

1-Dec-14: NVC Received Case

2-Dec-14: NVC Case Number Assigned

9-Dec-14: Embassy Received

3-Feb-15: "Package 3" Received/Turned In

25-Feb-15: "Package 4" - Received Interview Date

19-Mar-15: Interview ~ Approved

27-Mar-15: Visa Issued

• Humanitarian situation

It could be grounds for an expedite depending on the medical reason and how serious it is.

Rejection would have no affect on your petition.

Edited by Cody and Daisy

My Name is Daisy, I am British, I say things bluntly and to the point.
London K1, A complete guide -- >http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/474161-london-k1-a-complete-guide/
I am Daisy the Beneficiary, These are my views!
U.K. k1 visa, approved 2014.

NOA1: 20/03/2014

NOA2: 11/04/2014 (22 days)

Interview: 09/07/2014 (111 days)

D.O.E 29/07/2014

Married 29/08/2014

AOS from K1/K3 Guide -->http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos

AOS/EAD/AP Sent: 12/11/2014

Delivered at Chicago LB:15/11/2014

NOA1 (all 3): 17/11/2014

NOA1 (all 3) hardcopy: 24/11/2014(Notice date 20th)

Bio-metrics App letter: 28/11/2014(Notice date 21st)

Bio-metrics App Cleveland Ohio: 10/12/2014

EAD/AP:Approved/production 31/01/2015(update 2/2/1015) (80 days)

Combo Card: Mailed 5/2/2015

Combo Card: Delivered 6/2/2015AP

NOA: Approval Notice received 7/2/2015

Interview waiver letter: received 23/2/15 dated: 18/2/2015

Green Card: APPROVED 31/07/2015

(Remember, all my dates are British layout.. the proper layout!)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Just playing devil's advocate here: Isn't emergency medical care available to her in her country?

Using this as an "excuse" to expedite the process could be seen as a ploy to circumvent the regular process.

Can i request to expedite our K1 application based on the fact that i can't take leave or quit my job in the US to take care of her ?

There is NO other means by which she can receive emergency care? If not, then maybe you have a case, if yes, then just MHO, probably not. Maybe someone else in her country would come to her rescue?

And moreover, i need her to visit US and get married ASAP so i can add her to my employment benefits [ medical] for further diagnosis ?

Not a reason, if so, then everyone could say the same.

This is really taking a toll on us.

Subjective opinion; you could have looked for a fiance in your own country and avoided all this. You both knew going in what the process would be.

If the expedite request is rejected for some reason, will her application be in jeopardy ?

No

I wish USCIS would see the hardships faced by many of us and not just files/papers when they can.

Please.....stop.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
Putting Al Pacino to shame;)

Thanks everyone for taking time and replying.Really appreciate your inputs. I feel it's worth an attempt. You never know till you try. We are all just case numbers ..

Love is the shortest distance between two hearts.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Guatemala
Timeline

I wish you luck with the request, but I had denials for three immediate family members who were dying and all of whom did die long before my noa2 was approved. Since the petitioner does not need to be present for any of the k-1 process in the beneficiary home Country, not having paid time off available is not considered reason for expedite.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.