Lost in MoA

Shipping post- NOA2 documents to Davao

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Aloha,

We are looking for the best BUT COST-EFFICIENT way to send the documents to Davao.

Someone on the main K1 forum suggested Fed-Ex. I researched and the slowest

available delivery was 3 days at $314. That's crazy.. Three days is completely unneccessary.

So we come here to people know best and may have done this before. What is the best way

without breaking the bank??

Mahalo,

Bill and Jenny

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Aloha,

We are looking for the best BUT COST-EFFICIENT way to send the documents to Davao.

Someone on the main K1 forum suggested Fed-Ex. I researched and the slowest

available delivery was 3 days at $314. That's crazy.. Three days is completely unneccessary.

So we come here to people know best and may have done this before. What is the best way

without breaking the bank??

Mahalo,

Bill and Jenny

1st!! DO NOT USE USPS!! That turned into PhilPost once it reaches the Philippines.. and they never deliver.

2nd. You only need to send one original document, that is the I-134, everything else can be copies and emailed.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

We used USPS a couple times and the packages delivered in a week or so. It took watching the tracking until they arrived at the local post office then I messaged the family to go pick up the packages at their post office.

The new February 2015 K1 USEM letter doesn't say anything about original I-134 or original signature.

Timeline

Luckytwo15 -

I choose to err on the conservative side for something this important. So I will be sending everything

on the VJ list (except for the original packet as she already has a copy).

My best guess says 10 pages or so. Any guess what this may cost?? Also what mailing options did

you have available - and what did you use?? Also also, were there any signs of tampering when what

ever you sent was received??

Bill and Jenny

Timeline

I used USPS to send two packages of gifts. They were approximately $65 each. No signs of tampering. Also sent a birthday card one time through USPS using their global stamp, which was $1.10.

Good luck!

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

We used USPS a couple times and the packages delivered in a week or so. It took watching the tracking until they arrived at the local post office then I messaged the family to go pick up the packages at their post office.

The new February 2015 K1 USEM letter doesn't say anything about original I-134 or original signature.

No it doesn't... interesting. And as we know, most are not asked for any support evidence anymore.

Luckytwo15 -

I choose to err on the conservative side for something this important. So I will be sending everything

on the VJ list (except for the original packet as she already has a copy).

My best guess says 10 pages or so. Any guess what this may cost?? Also what mailing options did

you have available - and what did you use?? Also also, were there any signs of tampering when what

ever you sent was received??

Bill and Jenny

The list on VJ is not very good for the process at the embassy in Manila. Always, always follow the embassy instructions letter. A copy of the I-129F petition is not needed at all for the interview, waste of space and time to bring it.

Follow the flashing arrow below for details for the process in Manila

For sending anything of importance to the Philippines, the postal service would be my last choice. Reality is only copies are needed for the embassy for most documents from the petitioner, email is free, simply send them as .pdf files

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.