tsabbas

If I have to choose (for those from Pakistan)

13 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello! I'm looking for opinions from anyone who has been through the I130 process in Pakistan.

I'm guessing our application may be approved sometime between June and August, although it was transferred from TSC to NBC so I can't really estimate now! So we may be looking at Visa approval around September? October?

I am planning a visit next month during the third week of April. I probably can't afford to visit again before the interview. My original intent was to go back to attend interview and then fly back with him. He has never been on a plane or out of the country and since there will most likely be 2 transfers, I worry about him during the travel and coming through immigration in USA. He is nervous about this.

However, after reading much on here, it would seem that if I attend interview, the time between interview and approval will be too long for me to stay there. I have a full-time job. So...if I have to choose between attending the interview or going over to fly back with him, what are your honest opinions on which would be more important? Would love to hear all thoughts!

Thank you so much!

Timeline

Thank you for your response! And I do realize the interview is not required. What I am seeking is more personal opinions from those who have done both the interview and traveling together to get their thoughts on the actual experience.

The guidelines and rules are good but they don't represent what someone thought or felt about it. I was just hoping for some personal insight to help make a decision. :idea:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

What about AP?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

What about AP?

That is why I am saying I won't be able to wait after interview if I were to attend. We don't know how long it will be.

So I am hoping to hear about thoughts on whether attending the interview would be more important or waiting until visa is approved then going over and flying back together. I doubt I can do both.

I guess maybe my original question wasn't clear enough. Sorry. :)

Filed: Timeline

That is why I am saying I won't be able to wait after interview if I were to attend. We don't know how long it will be.

So I am hoping to hear about thoughts on whether attending the interview would be more important or waiting until visa is approved then going over and flying back together. I doubt I can do both.

I guess maybe my original question wasn't clear enough. Sorry. :)

I believe you shud go once visa is approved as usually they put on AP .. For some, AP was just few weeks but on other side it was couple for months as well.

Timeline

If he's lucky enough like me he will get visa in three days after interview... Alhamdulillah

My wife was in pakistan at the time of interview.

I got your question. It would be great if you visit him in April too, even for a short time but your visit at the time of interview is more important. tthats good for him during interview. Your concern for now should b him approval not his travel. Because they ask this question, is your wife here,how many time has she visited u.

(F)USCIS

Citizenship

01 January 2018: Online application

02 January 2018: NOA

06 January 2018: Biometric Notice

22 January 2018: Biometric appointment

Timeline

If he's lucky enough like me he will get visa in three days after interview... Alhamdulillah

My wife was in pakistan at the time of interview.

I got your question. It would be great if you visit him in April too, even for a short time but your visit at the time of interview is more important. tthats good for him during interview. Your concern for now should b him approval not his travel. Because they ask this question, is your wife here,how many time has she visited u.

Thank you so much. That's what I needed to hear! I am definitely going next month for about 9 days. Then I figure I can save enough for one more trip. It would be great if the visa was issued a few days after interview! I could wait for that. But I will plan just for interview now and see what happens.

Again, thank you!

Timeline

Thank you for your response! And I do realize the interview is not required. What I am seeking is more personal opinions from those who have done both the interview and traveling together to get their thoughts on the actual experience.

The guidelines and rules are good but they don't represent what someone thought or felt about it. I was just hoping for some personal insight to help make a decision. :idea:

I would attend the interview. It could make all the difference in how quickly he gets his visa. My husband had never been out of Pakistan before or on a plane. There will be other Pakistani men on the flights that can help guide him and the airport workers are always helpful. My husband changed planes twice and by asking questions arrived in America on time without problems.

Timeline

I would attend the interview. It could make all the difference in how quickly he gets his visa. My husband had never been out of Pakistan before or on a plane. There will be other Pakistani men on the flights that can help guide him and the airport workers are always helpful. My husband changed planes twice and by asking questions arrived in America on time without problems.

Thanks! I kind of thought the interview would be more important but hard to know for sure. I really appreciate all the comments. :)

Filed: Timeline

Does attending interview of petitioner really makes a difference? I am thinking i should also attend it.. i have read it somewhere that its not required? bit confused after reading all comments...

Timeline

It can make a difference if there is a problems the embassy might see with the relationship such as a large age difference or a difference in religion. No it is not required by the embassy that the petitioner be there but by talking to the beneficiary and petiitoner togehter it shows the relationship is for real and not just to get a visa. Something like this is for each couple to decide for themselves.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.