Lee&Ana

cost of documents

66 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

For all the American petitioners that have pinay fiancees, how much did their personal documents cost? I am referring to passport, nbi clearance, local clearance, cenomar and postal id etc. Additionally, how did you go about getting them?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Petitioner costs? For the Pinay those costs are easily found on each website relating to those documents, take the time to check the varied websites for cost and locations of offices near you. BTW you do not need a local clearance for the visa.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Thanks for heads up about the local clearance. I was referring to the beneficiary's costs, which I, as the petitioner, am paying for. My fiancee needs a passport and an agency there has told her that for 5600 pesos($130), they will get her the passport and local clearance without her having to go to manila. It sounds exorbitant and i wanted to verify with people on the forum. We are at the stage where once she gets the passport, we can pay the interview fee at bpi and schedule her medical and interview.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Here's a link to the Philippine government website for passports. The fees are there. All the other docs will run you less than 1,000 php total.

http://www.passport.com.ph/passport-fees

Edited by luckytwo15

Timeline

Thanks for the link. She has the cenomar, birth certificate and nbi. All she needs is the passport and postal id. This agency she wants to use is telling her 2600 pesos for the passport and 3000 to expedite including local clearance. And they are telling her she doesn't have to go to manila.

Timeline

Thanks for the link. She has the cenomar, birth certificate and nbi. All she needs is the passport and postal id. This agency she wants to use is telling her 2600 pesos for the passport and 3000 to expedite including local clearance. And they are telling her she doesn't have to go to manila.

My girl live 12 hours from Manila. She went to DFA at the G Mall and did it there

She can expedite herself cost like 1,200 peso, without expidite is 950 peso

http://www.dfa.gov.ph/index.php/site-administrator/passport-information/2013-04-04-06-48-32

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You might be able to skip the postal ID. My fiancée came here to the USA last month and she was never asked for that throughout the process.

That is too much for the passport. She doesnt need local clearance too. From where is your fiancee?

Sounds like this agency is just trying to make money.

Where is your fiance located? The DFA has satellite/regional offices where they can process passport applications. Again, no need for a local police/barangay clearance. NBI also has satellite/regional offices where you can apply for and get a clearance.

Agencies like this profit off of people who don't know any better as well as people who get easily overwhelmed/don't know how to go about doing things solo. A couple of quick internet searches can tell you the price of each as well as the nearest location. With the internet and VJ as your guide, you can save a lot by not using any 3rd-parties including agencies and lawyers.

"Ad Astra Per Aspera"

"Audentes Fortuna Adiuvat"

==========

Dec 11, 2014 - Filed I-130 via DCF @ US Embassy Manila (...and we're on the clock...) - Read about my experience filing DCF here > http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/527064-filed-dcf-i-130-for-ir-1-at-us-embassy-manila-aar/

Dec 11, 2014 - NOA1: Not sure what to put here, Dec 11, 2014, Dec 24, 2014 or something in between.

Dec 24, 2014 - NOA2: I called USCIS @ USEM on Jan 5, 2015 and was told the I-130 was approved on Christmas Eve. Thank you Santa!

Jan 13, 2015 - MNL Case Number & Packet 3 Received via email (I emailed the IV Unit-Manila requesting these on Jan 5, 2015 and Jan 12, 2015)

Jan 21, 2015 - NOA2: Mailed (via PhilPost!) paper/hard copy delivered to our place here in Manila.

Jan 22, 2015 - Packet 3: Mailed (again via PhilPost!) paper/hard copy delivered to out place here in Manila.

Feb 24 & 25, 2015 - Day 1 & Day 2 of Medical @ SLEC. Immunizations given on Day 2, thankfully

Mar 5, 2015 - USEM Interview Appointment - IR-1 Visa Approved! (CEAC Status updated to ISSUED afternoon of interview day)

Mar 10, 2015 - 3pm - Received SMS saying IV Package ready for pickup at 2GO MoA. Picked up at 5pm. (Shipped/Picked Up/In Hand on 3rd Business Day post interview)

Mar 13, 2015 - CFO Manila - Done

==========

Now disposing/selling/giving away/shipping to the US stuff from 14 years in the PHL and 4 years together before heading to POE.

Timeline

My fiance lives in zambales. I tried to tell her that she is being ripped off by this agency but she doesn't want to listen. I sent her 5000 pesos($116) to get her nbi, cenomar and passport. Now she says i need to send her another 2800 pesos. And the agency says it will cost her 2600 for the passport and another 3000 for local clearance, expediting and delivery. It sounded high to me.

"Ad Astra Per Aspera"

==========

Dec 11, 2014 - Filed I-130 via DCF @ US Embassy Manila (...and we're on the clock...) - Read about my experience filing DCF here > http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/527064-filed-dcf-i-130-for-ir-1-at-us-embassy-manila-aar/

Dec 11, 2014 - NOA1: Not sure what to put here, Dec 11, 2014, Dec 24, 2014 or something in between.

Dec 24, 2014 - NOA2: I called USCIS @ USEM on Jan 5, 2015 and was told the I-130 was approved on Christmas Eve. Thank you Santa!

Jan 13, 2015 - MNL Case Number & Packet 3 Received via email (I emailed the IV Unit-Manila requesting these on Jan 5, 2015 and Jan 12, 2015)

Jan 21, 2015 - NOA2: Mailed (via PhilPost!) paper/hard copy delivered to our place here in Manila.

Jan 22, 2015 - Packet 3: Mailed (again via PhilPost!) paper/hard copy delivered to out place here in Manila.

Feb 24 & 25, 2015 - Day 1 & Day 2 of Medical @ SLEC. Immunizations given on Day 2, thankfully

Mar 5, 2015 - USEM Interview Appointment - IR-1 Visa Approved! (CEAC Status updated to ISSUED afternoon of interview day)

Mar 10, 2015 - 3pm - Received SMS saying IV Package ready for pickup at 2GO MoA. Picked up at 5pm. (Shipped/Picked Up/In Hand on 3rd Business Day post interview)

==========

Now disposing/selling/giving away/shipping to the US stuff from 14 years in the PHL and 4 years together before heading to POE.

Timeline

My fiance lives in zambales. I tried to tell her that she is being ripped off by this agency but she doesn't want to listen. I sent her 5000 pesos($116) to get her nbi, cenomar and passport. Now she says i need to send her another 2800 pesos. And the agency says it will cost her 2600 for the passport and another 3000 for local clearance, expediting and delivery. It sounded high to me.

NBI Clearance cost for USA Travel/Visa: P115 (http://www.nbiclearance.com/how-much-is-an-nbi-clearance/)

DFA Passport Costs: P950-P1,200.00 (http://passport.com.ph/passport-fees-info)

"Ad Astra Per Aspera"

==========

==========

If she's from Zambales, nearest DFA would be in San Fernando, Pampanga. Nearest NBI Office would be in Olangapo, Zambales although there's also one in San Fernando, Pampanga as well.

"Ad Astra Per Aspera"

==========

==========

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.