Rici_Ofochebe

Very Confused regarding process of K3

4 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline

I am a US citizen who married a Nigerian in his home country in April of 2013. He lives and works in Qatar. I filed on his behalf a K3 and I130 visa at the same time in May of 2013. Since then, the I130 is still at the NVC requesting final documents. The I 129f K3 visa is at Doha and has been for some time. On July 20 of 2014, the US Embassy in Doha called my husband and asked him to bring in all the documents at hand (he was only waiting on the police character from Qatar) and drop them off at the gate. Upon arrival of the US Embassy gate, they said he should come in, had him finger printed, asked him interview questions such as what is my job, do I like my job, what do my children eat for breakfast, etc) and was asked to pay the visa fee of $240. They asked him if he had photos of us together and he explained that he was only dropping off the requested paperwork, and did not bring anything like that. They then instructed him 3 times to not call or send email, that they will be in touch with him. I have sent many emails asking what is happening as it is now 9 months past that time with no word or response. The response they gave me was that this K3 is in administrative processing, and that it may take a while and I will be contacted when they are finished. I am in for a visit with my husband and urged him to call, and in doing so they said we should email them from his address not mine. that is done, and now the status update now saw ready for interview. I do not understand what is happening with our case for this K3 visa...Meanwhile, the NVC is requesting the same documents that my husband brought to the Embassy back in July of 2014.

Is there anyone who can advise us on what is going on? It seems that this Embassy is screwing our case up.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I certainly don't know for sure, but it sounds like NVC is processing the CR1/IR1 as per normal, while the K3 is in AP at the embassy - probably for further security checks or something along that line (due to the amount of time it has already been in AP). With any luck, the NVC will finish with the case and push it onto the embassy soon, but who knows what the embassy will do with it once it is there. My logical mind tells me that it will join the K3 in AP, and one will eventually cancel out the other. K3 visas are rarely processed to completion these days. It sounds like instead of the I-130 cancelling out the I-129 (or visa versa) they both got processed.

Very confusing situation here, and I haven't read of this happening before but I am by no means an authority - and I don't read all the other countries' portals. Hopefully someone with a bit more experience and knowledge about this type of thing will chime in soon. I do know that AP can last a long time, and there really isn't anything you can do to make it go quickly. I wish you good luck with whichever way this goes for you, and I hope your AP won't last much longer. :)

ROC

01/18/2017   Sent in I-751

01/26/2017   Check cashed

01/28/2017   Received NOA dated 01/20/2017

02/16/2017   Biometrics done

10/24/2017   Traveled to Minneapolis for I551 stamp

02/26/2018     Case received by Field Office - S. Paul

05/012018     Case transferred to another USCIS office for processing 

N-400

02/02/2018    Filed N-400 online

02/05/2018    NOA online - NOA letter 02/09/2018

02/21/2018     Biometrics walk-in

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline

I don't understand what has even happened! He was asked to bring in papers, and then brought inside impromptu for interview, but was not labeled an interview, nor has it been updated as such. Administrative processing should take 9 months for someone whose security checks are clean? And now they are saying we are ready for the interview, 9 months after fingerprints, fees, interview was done. He told them he was missing the Qatar police check, and instead of offering to bring it in when gotten, they pretty much just said not to call them, that they will call us. I am feeling like they are holding on to the K# until the I130 arrives there, which is ok, but then why did I pay for the visa fee? why was he fingerprinted? why did he have to go for his medical? to turn around a year later and to have to do it all over again? This makes no sense to me....I'm so confused.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

i say time to engage the congress critter,

make an inquiry with the immigration liason staffer human at your congressman's office. there are 3 such offices - 2 senators and 1 representative.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.