gtessier

March 2015 K-1 Filers

2,734 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Ok, working on getting my packet together for Issam's interview. I have the Skype logs and the Facebook chat log, but the Facebook chat log is like 700 pages. Did you guys just take several days worth for each month? I also have screen shots of us talking on Skype that I'll get printed at the photo lab and I'll be heading over there as soon as we get the interview date, so I'll have the boarding pass etc. from that. On top of the updated letter of intent to marry is there anything else I should include to prove ongoing relationship?

how do u did this to get your chat logs from Facebook ?

Our Story

I'm the benificary

First met: August 23rd 2013 (F)
Engaged: November 13th 2014 :wub:
I-129f sent: March 20th 2015
Received by USICS: March 25th 2015
Mail notification + Case accepted and routed to CSC:
March 27th 2015

NOA1 hard Copy received: April 4th 2015 :dancing:

Mail notification - Petition Approved NOA2: May 8th 2015

B-) NOA2 hard Copy received: May 15th 2015 :thumbs::dance:

Called NVC & Received Case NR: May 29th 2015 :thumbs:

At NVC: Since 21th May 2015

Stuck at AP :clock:

left NVC/ In Transit to Frankfurt: 3rd June 2015 :dancing:

Ready at Embassy Frankfurt: 5th June 2015 :wow:

Packet 3 received: 11th June 2015

DS-160 Submitted: 16th June 2015

Fee paid: 18th June 2015

Package 3 sent: 13th July 2015

Ready to schedule Interview: 16th July 2015
Medical passed: 21st July 2015

Interview: 5th August 2015 :star: -> Approved

POE: 27th August 2015

Date of Marriage: 3rd September 2015 (L):luv:

:energy::energy::energy: :energy: :energy::energy:

AOS

I was wondering if sending the screen shot of how many messages we have sent would be good evidence of our ongoing relationship? I sent a screen shot of our very first messages to each other and included the dates, included screen shots of another website we both made comments on, and the screen shot that had the number of our messages. It was around 40K when I sent the petition, but is getting closer to 90K. We have handwritten letters we sent to each other and he will bring those originals with him.

Are they going to be looking at the quantity or quality? I think we have both, but I didn't want to send too many samples of our FB messages. I already need to consolidate the Skype logs. How many samples of the FB chats should be enough?

Signature coming soon...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

how do u did this to get your chat logs from Facebook ?

I went to my account settings in Facebook and went to "download a copy of your facebook data" and downloaded the entire archive. Then I went to the folder where it all was and clicked on the messages folder and it was all there. I just searched for our conversation and started whittling it down. I got to 87 pages between March (when we filed) and now - I'm sure it's too much, but hopefully along with the Skype logs they shouldn't doubt that we are bona fide! :)

Edited by nancyandissam

Timeline

I was wondering if sending the screen shot of how many messages we have sent would be good evidence of our ongoing relationship? I sent a screen shot of our very first messages to each other and included the dates, included screen shots of another website we both made comments on, and the screen shot that had the number of our messages. It was around 40K when I sent the petition, but is getting closer to 90K. We have handwritten letters we sent to each other and he will bring those originals with him.

Are they going to be looking at the quantity or quality? I think we have both, but I didn't want to send too many samples of our FB messages. I already need to consolidate the Skype logs. How many samples of the FB chats should be enough?

following your question ..also am I curious if screenshots of our FaceTime sessions are good too besides the text messages ..don't even know where to get all those messages from because I had to send my phone it it's been broken lol ,,so total reset and everything was gone

I went to my account settings in Facebook and went to "download a copy of your facebook data" and downloaded the entire archive. Then I went to the folder where it all was and clicked on the messages folder and it was all there. I just searched for our conversation and started whittling it down. I got to 87 pages between March (when we filed) and now - I'm sure it's too much, but hopefully along with the Skype logs they shouldn't doubt that we are bona fide! :)

oh dear god that sounds like a master task haha. well I think I'll start soon lol

Our Story

I'm the benificary

March 27th 2015

AOS

I had to send my phone it it's been broken lol ,,so total reset and everything was gone

Your fiance can't get them from his phone?

Signature coming soon...

I'm one of the few in here who is at TSC and I just hope they speed up soon.

Are you guys planning a visit or two while you guys are waiting?

Signature coming soon...

Timeline

Your fiance can't get them from his phone?

nope I killed it ...I've put it into the washing machine and after it in the dryer -.- baha ..been a iPhone..then he got a htc..and killed it (of course) now he has a brand new phone but smart ### he's been he set it back to factory data ...he couldn't listen tho..

Our Story

I'm the benificary

March 27th 2015

AOS

Timeline

we text that much ..,that I'm just able to go back to May 5th at the whatsapp history lol. but the old deportment number got more days

Edited by Sabrina&Chuck

Our Story

I'm the benificary

March 27th 2015

AOS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I consolidated over 120000 (over 5000 pages) messages into 41 pages by grabbing pieces of chats from various days covering various topics. I didn't give them full days, only small bits.

Smart Man. :)

I have about the same amount over nearly 3 years. They are not interested in looking at 10 reams of paper to prove you have a bonafide relationship.

They want to see proof of an ongoing relationship - operative word being "ongoing". Think quality rather than quantity.

I front loaded our I-129f with this info. Like you, I sent a single page dated weekly showing the relationship from beginning to present time. I also sent reciepts from Island Rose for flowers sent, Moneygram money sent to her, as well as other things showing a "bonafide, ongoing relationship".

We have Skype and FaceTime chats. I did not send them and have no intention of doing so. Keep it simple, but at same time show an ongoing relationship.

nope I killed it ...I've put it into the washing machine and after it in the dryer -.- baha ..been a iPhone..then he got a htc..and killed it (of course) now he has a brand new phone but smart ### he's been he set it back to factory data ...he couldn't listen tho..

If you are using an iPhone and iMesage, you can also use a Mac and print out the messages on iMessage on the Mac.

Timeline

I have about the same amount over nearly 3 years. They are not interested in looking at 10 reams of paper to prove you have a bonafide relationship.

They want to see proof of an ongoing relationship - operative word being "ongoing". Think quality rather than quantity.

I front loaded our I-129f with this info. Like you, I sent a single page dated weekly showing the relationship from beginning to present time. I also sent reciepts from Island Rose for flowers sent, Moneygram money sent to her, as well as other things showing a "bonafide, ongoing relationship".

We have Skype and FaceTime chats. I did not send them and have no intention of doing so. Keep it simple, but at same time show an ongoing relationship.

If you are using an iPhone and iMesage, you can also use a Mac and print out the messages on iMessage on the Mac.

smart move .but i just got a ipad..and a usual microsoft desktop :D ...right now about to collect some whatsapp..i should study for examinations ..but i just take that time now

Our Story

I'm the benificary

March 27th 2015

AOS

I didn't front load, I only sent them the minimum requested. When I put it all together it took me 3 days. I scanned and grabbed snippets of interesting conversation, but stayed away from things intimate or discussing the visa process. Most likely, in Manila, they won't even look at it. LOL

US Citizenship based on section 319(b)

Entered US Date: 7/27/2015

Date Married: 8/15/2015

GC-Date: 12/1/2015

Sent: 4/12/2016

Check Cashed: 4/20/2016

E-Notification: 4/20/2016

NOA: 4/18/2016

Fprints: 4/12/2016

In Line:

Int Ltr: 7/19/2016

Interview: 8/8/2016

Oath: 8/10/2016

Field Office: Honolulu, HI

Timeline

how many messages of what time frame have i to "collect" of these logs? im having a few conversatios ..till mid april now

Our Story

I'm the benificary

March 27th 2015

AOS

how many messages of what time frame have i to "collect" of these logs? im having a few conversatios ..till mid april now

If your timeframe is limited due to phone loss problems, then grab two per week and then write a separate letter stating you have limited chats due to the loss of both phones.

US Citizenship based on section 319(b)

Entered US Date: 7/27/2015

Date Married: 8/15/2015

GC-Date: 12/1/2015

Sent: 4/12/2016

Check Cashed: 4/20/2016

E-Notification: 4/20/2016

NOA: 4/18/2016

Fprints: 4/12/2016

In Line:

Int Ltr: 7/19/2016

Interview: 8/8/2016

Oath: 8/10/2016

Field Office: Honolulu, HI

Timeline

If your timeframe is limited due to phone loss problems, then grab two per week and then write a separate letter stating you have limited chats due to the loss of both phones.

found the other messages all on viber ..but just hopefully till september last year..is that good or to much?

Our Story

I'm the benificary

March 27th 2015

AOS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

following your question ..also am I curious if screenshots of our FaceTime sessions are good too besides the text messages ..don't even know where to get all those messages from because I had to send my phone it it's been broken lol ,,so total reset and everything was gone

oh dear god that sounds like a master task haha. well I think I'll start soon lol

It took awhile to download and of course it was EVERYTHING so I had to go back and cull a lot! Also, something someone said somewhere was that sometimes (lots of somes in that part) the beneficiary is just at a window and that you have to pass items through the window which isn't that big. I just want to make sure he has everything he needs. Another Moroccan who just had his interview and got his visa said that the gentleman didn't even look at the proof of ongoing, just the affidavit of support and the packet 3 stuff.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.