Flameheart

VISA

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi everyone! Just a question, I'm a US born or natural born citizen and planning to visit the Philippines this coming October. Do I need a visa if I'm staying for 28 days? Or is it true that now visa is not required if staying no more than 30 days? Because the last time I visited the Philippines about 2 years ago I was only allowed to stay for 21 days. Can anyone please verify? Thank you in advance. ?

Hi everyone! Just a question, I'm a US born or natural born citizen and planning to visit the Philippines this coming October. Do I need a visa if I'm staying for 28 days? Or is it true that now visa is not required if staying no more than 30 days? Because the last time I visited the Philippines about 2 years ago I was only allowed to stay for 21 days. Can anyone please verify? Thank you in advance. ?

You can extent your stay by contacting Philippines embassy in Manila. Also you can visit their website you will come to know. US passport doesn't need visa for Philippines.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

No need for Philippine visa.. Just your passport and plane ticket :)

Im not sure about the days you can stay there.. Yes, you can call the embassy.

K1 Visa

Service Center :California Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent : 12/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 2015-01-05

I-129F RFE(s) :2015-02-16

RFE Reply(s) : 2015-02-26

I-129F NOA2 : 2015-03-04

NVC Received :2015-03-20

Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned : 2015-03-23

NVC Left : 2015-03-25

Consulate Received : 2015-03-27

Interview Date : 2015-04-28

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2015-05-04

US Entry : 2015-05-18

Marriage : 2015-06-22

???❤️

Adjustment of Status

Date Filed : 2015-06-29

Interview Date : 2015-12-10

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

You automatically receive a 30 tourist visa (21 days is old) when you arrive so no issue. If you want to stay long you can go to BI and get an extension

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

I'm USC and just spent 90 days in the Philippines with my fiancée. The first 30 days are a freebie stamp when you arrive at the airport.

The next 30 days is 3,130 php if you walk in to a BOI office to get the extension sticker. Take a passport photo and a copy of passport bio page. There's a form to fill out too.

Then after 60 days it's the same drill as above only the price goes up to 7,163 php because the mandatory ACR plastic card purchase.

I don't know what happens beyond 90 days. I just bought the two 30 day increments after the first free 30 days. But since you're going for 28 days you should be all set with the free stamp you get at the airport upon arrival in Manila.

Edited by luckytwo15

1. I am a foreign national under a Temporary Visitor’s Visa, I can stay legally in the Philippines for thirty (30) days however I want to extend my stay, how do I go about this?

Foreign nationals who are admitted with an initial stay of thirty (30) days may apply for a visa waiver first, granting an additional stay of twenty nine (29) in the Philippines. Thereafter, you may apply for one (1) month, two (2) months or six (6) months extensions at least one week prior to the expiration of your valid stay.

2.How long can I extend my stay in the Philippines?

Under Immigration Memorandum Circular No. SBM-2013-003, non-visa required national may extend their stay up to thirty six (36) months while visa required national may extend their stay up to twenty four (24) months.

Note: The said periods shall be counted from the date of the applicant’s latest recorded arrival.

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/index.php/faqs/extensionofstay

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Most countries freely give tourist visas to US citizens because US tourism = money to them.

So getting the visa is a simple affair. And you don't even need it unless your stay will be over 30 days.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm USC and just spent 90 days in the Philippines with my fiancée. The first 30 days are a freebie stamp when you arrive at the airport.

The next 30 days is 3,130 php if you walk in to a BOI office to get the extension sticker. Take a passport photo and a copy of passport bio page. There's a form to fill out too.

Then after 60 days it's the same drill as above only the price goes up to 7,163 php because the mandatory ACR plastic card purchase.

I don't know what happens beyond 90 days. I just bought the two 30 day increments after the first free 30 days. But since you're going for 28 days you should be all set with the free stamp you get at the airport upon arrival in Manila.

It almost cheaper to head to Singapore or Japan for a couple of days and come back.

How are you able to stay 90 days, Who takes care of your bills? Do you have pets?

For me when I went for 21 or 30 days, I would have to like double pay all my bills, I installed camera in my house so I can watch it my house and dogs on my phone or laptop. I had to arrange for dogcare,

Timeline

It almost cheaper to head to Singapore or Japan for a couple of days and come back.

How are you able to stay 90 days, Who takes care of your bills? Do you have pets?

For me when I went for 21 or 30 days, I would have to like double pay all my bills, I installed camera in my house so I can watch it my house and dogs on my phone or laptop. I had to arrange for dogcare,

I agree about taking a short hop to a neighboring country. In fact for military retirees there are occasional free flights between Clark and Japan and other places. I heard of some who live in the PI that simply get the free balikbayan stamp once a year while returning from short family trips to nearby countries.

I pay my bills online while in the PI, no pets and we stay at the family house for the most part. Expenses can be really low there.

Edited by luckytwo15

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.