Bubba gump

buying plane tickets for travel within Philippines from usa

28 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Has anyone bought tickets from the usa for fiancé or fiancee in the Philippines to travel within the Philippines . Fiancee has to fly from naga city to manila and I am trying to see if I can buy the tickets online cheaper than what she can buy directly .

I'm looking at Cebu Pacific's website and depending on when she needs to fly I've got full fare going at P5,399+ one way or promo fares for the same trip at P888.

I live here in the PHL and buying online tends to be cheaper than using an agent, unless you buy directly from the airline.

https://book.cebupacificair.com

I've bought online using my US-based Citibank and BoA credit cards no problem.

Also, it seems that seats are cheapest on a Monday and get more expensive later in the week, with the most expensive being on Saturday/Sunday flights. At least for CebuPac.

"Ad Astra Per Aspera"

"Audentes Fortuna Adiuvat"

==========

Dec 11, 2014 - Filed I-130 via DCF @ US Embassy Manila (...and we're on the clock...) - Read about my experience filing DCF here > http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/527064-filed-dcf-i-130-for-ir-1-at-us-embassy-manila-aar/

Dec 11, 2014 - NOA1: Not sure what to put here, Dec 11, 2014, Dec 24, 2014 or something in between.

Dec 24, 2014 - NOA2: I called USCIS @ USEM on Jan 5, 2015 and was told the I-130 was approved on Christmas Eve. Thank you Santa!

Jan 13, 2015 - MNL Case Number & Packet 3 Received via email (I emailed the IV Unit-Manila requesting these on Jan 5, 2015 and Jan 12, 2015)

Jan 21, 2015 - NOA2: Mailed (via PhilPost!) paper/hard copy delivered to our place here in Manila.

Jan 22, 2015 - Packet 3: Mailed (again via PhilPost!) paper/hard copy delivered to out place here in Manila.

Feb 24 & 25, 2015 - Day 1 & Day 2 of Medical @ SLEC. Immunizations given on Day 2, thankfully

Mar 5, 2015 - USEM Interview Appointment - IR-1 Visa Approved! (CEAC Status updated to ISSUED afternoon of interview day)

Mar 10, 2015 - 3pm - Received SMS saying IV Package ready for pickup at 2GO MoA. Picked up at 5pm. (Shipped/Picked Up/In Hand on 3rd Business Day post interview)

Mar 13, 2015 - CFO Manila - Done

==========

Now disposing/selling/giving away/shipping to the US stuff from 14 years in the PHL and 4 years together before heading to POE.

I have purchased tickets on the Cebu Pacific website from the US a few times. I have never had a problem.

I have had issues purchasing tickets on the Philippine Airlines website. For whatever reason the credit card verification screws up and the web session ends. For PAL I will use Kayak.

PAL tends to be more expensive unless there's an ongoing promo and you get a good deal, or if they're the only one servicing the route. CEB & Airasia tend to be cheaper.

"Ad Astra Per Aspera"

"Audentes Fortuna Adiuvat"

==========

Dec 11, 2014 - Filed I-130 via DCF @ US Embassy Manila (...and we're on the clock...) - Read about my experience filing DCF here > http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/527064-filed-dcf-i-130-for-ir-1-at-us-embassy-manila-aar/

Dec 11, 2014 - NOA1: Not sure what to put here, Dec 11, 2014, Dec 24, 2014 or something in between.

Dec 24, 2014 - NOA2: I called USCIS @ USEM on Jan 5, 2015 and was told the I-130 was approved on Christmas Eve. Thank you Santa!

Jan 13, 2015 - MNL Case Number & Packet 3 Received via email (I emailed the IV Unit-Manila requesting these on Jan 5, 2015 and Jan 12, 2015)

Jan 21, 2015 - NOA2: Mailed (via PhilPost!) paper/hard copy delivered to our place here in Manila.

Jan 22, 2015 - Packet 3: Mailed (again via PhilPost!) paper/hard copy delivered to out place here in Manila.

Feb 24 & 25, 2015 - Day 1 & Day 2 of Medical @ SLEC. Immunizations given on Day 2, thankfully

Mar 5, 2015 - USEM Interview Appointment - IR-1 Visa Approved! (CEAC Status updated to ISSUED afternoon of interview day)

Mar 10, 2015 - 3pm - Received SMS saying IV Package ready for pickup at 2GO MoA. Picked up at 5pm. (Shipped/Picked Up/In Hand on 3rd Business Day post interview)

Mar 13, 2015 - CFO Manila - Done

==========

Now disposing/selling/giving away/shipping to the US stuff from 14 years in the PHL and 4 years together before heading to POE.

Timeline

I just sent my fiance money to buy it there. She got a round trip ticket from Tacloban to Manila for 2758.60 PHP on AirAsia. The price changes everyday. I rented the Hotel for her from here and sent her money for food, Taxi, medical and extra just incase she wanted to go shopping while there.

12/23/2014: I-129F Sent

12/29/2014: I-129F Received by USCIS

12/31/2014: Received Electronic notification for NOA1 hard copy to follow

01/05/2015: NOA1 Hard copy received

01/13/2015: Received Electronic notification for NOA2 hard copy to follow

01/20/2015: NOA2 Hard copy received

01/20/2015: NVC Received

01/26/2015: Case # assigned

01/30/2015: Sent to embassy

02/02/2015: Embassy received

02/08/2015: Interview Scheduled for 03/11/2015 Will do Medical on 02/26/2015

02/23/2015: NVC Letter received.

02/27/2015: Medical complete.

03/11/2015: Interview. APPROVED!!!!

04/03/2015: POE Seattle

06/20/2015: Got married

07/01/2015: Filed I-485, I-765, I-131, G-325, G-1145

07/16/2015: Received NOA for I-485 and I-765

07/17/2015: RFE for I-131 Missed signature

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have purchased tickets on the Cebu Pacific website from the US a few times. I have never had a problem.

I have had issues purchasing tickets on the Philippine Airlines website. For whatever reason the credit card verification screws up and the web session ends. For PAL I will use Kayak.

I used to have that same issue with Cebu Pac, but then I joined their frequent flyer club (free) and that issue stopped.....

Timeline

Has anyone bought tickets from the usa for fiancé or fiancee in the Philippines to travel within the Philippines . Fiancee has to fly from naga city to manila and I am trying to see if I can buy the tickets online cheaper than what she can buy directly .

I have purchased tickets on Cebu Air, PAL, and Zest from USA for travel within PI, Never had an issue.

Timeline

Thanks everybody I will look into her tickets . Is there anywhere particular that you went through like cheapoair etc.

For travel within the Philippines, which you asked about, I have found direct with airlines is cheapest.

If YOU buy tickets for your fiance then be sure to send her a front and back picture of your card, and a copy of your id. This is because they want make sure it is not fraud. My wife and I found this out one time because I used to buy the tickets for her to go back and forth to Manila, and she did not have a photo copy of the card and id and they did not let her on the plane.

Timeline

Philippine Airlines and Cebu Pac are the most popular local flights in Philippine but the latter being a budget airline so I'll leave it at that.

Timeline

Yes, bought Cebu Pacific tickets online for fiancée. Cebu Pacific asks for the names of the travelers and also for an email. So I just typed her name in and my email. Minutes later I had the itinerary and simply forwarded it to her email.

I did not give her copies of my payment cards or IDs.

Also there were flight options at a cost that were automatically selected, such as flight insurance and baggage allowance. I opted to de-select those and the price lowered.

The Philippine airlines prices start out looking low online and then as we progress through the checkout process the prices have a tendency to double to include the taxes and fees.

Philippine Airlines and Cebu Pac are the most popular local flights in Philippine but the latter being a budget airline so I'll leave it at that.

While I have heard a number of horror stories about Cebu Pacific I have flown them twice (Manila - Singapore and Manila-Cebu). The planes were almost brand new, the cabin crew absolutely excellent and the flights had no issues either direction.

Timeline

Thanks everybody I will look into her tickets . Is there anywhere particular that you went through like cheapoair etc.

I tried cheapoair recently to book our one way tickets from Manila to USA. They don't book the flight instantly like going to the airline website directly or using a site like Orbitz. And they were not the lowest price. After waiting a half of a day, I called cheapoair and told them not to bother buying our tickets and to cancel the order, so since they had not made the purchase yet with the airline they cancelled the transaction.

I then booked through Orbitz and had an instant itinerary.

I haven't seen Cebu Pacific on Orbitz, only Philippine Airline (PAL). Both are good, but to compare prices I go directly to their websites.

Edited by luckytwo15

Timeline

While I have heard a number of horror stories about Cebu Pacific I have flown them twice (Manila - Singapore and Manila-Cebu). The planes were almost brand new, the cabin crew absolutely excellent and the flights had no issues either direction.

My take on CebuPac is its either a HIT (using the hit very loosely) or MISS. My last flight for CebuPac was MNL-SG roundtrip and on the way home to Manila, the pilot almost overshoot our landing in the runway. We saw or felt the wheels come down and as he began his descend, we suddenly felt the plane going faster again and then we were airborne. We began flying in circles for 30 mins or what felt like flying in circles. When we touch down in some airport, we were told that we overshoot the landing and we had to make an emergency takeoff and landing in Subic International Airport. After scared out of our wits and sitting in the plane for 2 hours for refueling, we were able to make it back to Manila safely.

Never fly CebuPac after that encounter....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.