Ken63

Adjustment of Status Document Checklist

11 posts in this topic

Hello everyone I just want to make sure I have the right document before to submit my AOS.

I-130 Petition for Alien Relative $355,
G-325A Biographic Information x2
I-485 Adjustment of Status Application $1,010,
I-693 Medical Examination form
I-765 Application for Employment Authorization
I-864 Affidavit of Support

In addition
2 Passport pictures of me and my spouse
2014 W2 and tax returns
Last 6 paychecks
Bank statement of joint account ( we just opened few days ago)
Pictures together
Affidavit of family saying that the relationship is real
Copy of my Birth certificate with translation
Copy of both Driver license
Copy of US Citizen passport and my passport
Copy of both SSN card
Divorce decree
Marriage Certificate

Did I forget anything or I am all set apparently ?

Thank you very much

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Your fees are incorrect. Always check the USCIS website for the current forms, instructions and fees.

I-130 is $420 > http://www.uscis.gov/i-130

I-485 is $1070 > http://www.uscis.gov/i-485

Each form requires its own documentation, so read the instructions for each one. Also, why not include the I-131 too?

~ Moved from AOS from Family Based Visas to AOS from Work, Student & Tourist Visas ~

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

KayDee

Do you have to file the I131 even if you know you will not be traveling outside of the United States? Or is it better to file anyways because it is free?

********AOS Status********

February/March - Working on AOS Packet

March 12, 2015 (Day 1) - Priority Express Mailed AOS Packet to Dearborn Address

March 13, 2015 (Day 2) - Package delivered and signed for

March 20, 2015 (Day 8) - Checks Cleared Bank

March 24, 2015 (Day 12) - Received NOA hard copies in mail (I130, I485, I765, I131)

March 27, 2015 (Day 15) - Biometrics appointment received - April 8th

April 8, 2015 (Day 27) - Biometrics complete

May 6, 2015 (Day 54) - waiting..... :whistle:

May 8, 2015 (Day 56) - Interview scheduled for June 10th!

May 27, 2015 (Day 75) - EAD Card being Produced & AP Approved

June 3, 2015 (Day 82) - Received EAD card in mail

June 10, 2015 (Day 89) - Approved I-485

June 18, 2015 (Day 97) - Received GC in Mail!!! :dance:

Thank you for the info about the price I will double check that as well .

I am just wondering , should my spouse fill the G-325 too ? it looks it is only for the foreigner. Also on the form from the USCIS it said that the form will expired on 02/28/2015 . Should I wait the USCIS to post a new one ?

Timeline

KayDee

Do you have to file the I131 even if you know you will not be traveling outside of the United States? Or is it better to file anyways because it is free?

No, it is optional, but I strongly suggest you file it. The fee is waived, just like with the I-765, so why not? I have seen people think they would need the AP, but then ended up needing it and wishing they had applied for it to begin with.

Thank you for the info about the price I will double check that as well .

I am just wondering , should my spouse fill the G-325 too ? it looks it is only for the foreigner. Also on the form from the USCIS it said that the form will expired on 02/28/2015 . Should I wait the USCIS to post a new one ?

Are you adjusting from an F-1? For the I-485, only the applicant needs the G-325A. For the I-130, you both do. So, you will need 3 in total. Make sure you use the G-325A and not just the G-325. http://www.visajourney.com/content/i130guide2

The forms found on the USCIS website are the most current ones and the ones to use. See this post about why the expiration date is not important for you > http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/536289-expiration-on-g-325a/?p=7474874

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

Thanks, do I just put a fictitious travel date?

March 24, 2015 (Day 12) - Received NOA hard copies in mail (I130, I485, I765, I131)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

It is not necessary to send original certified copies of anything.

Just make copies on your own scanner/printer and send.

I sent copy of marriage certificate with both I-130 and I-485.

I hear these various packets can be processed by different persons, so give each everything.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Time Line - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

10 YEAR GREEN CARD PROCESS

July 22, 2017  ROC packet sent to Vermont.

July 24, 2017  ROC packet signed for in Vermont.

August 8, 2017  NOA received at house.  15 days since ROC signed for in VSC.

August 12, 2017 ASC appointment received. 19 days since ROC in VSC.

August 25, 2017 BIO completed. 32 days since ROC received in VSC.

August 11, 2018  18 month 'Courtesy Copy' extension letter received.  Critical number  297

October 20, 2018 18 month 'Official' extension letter received.  Critical number 297

December 4, 2018  USCIS Account shows: We approved your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, 

December 4, 2018, ordered your new card for Receipt # EAC17297003XX, and will mail to the address you gave.

491 days from NOA issued by VSC until Petition approved.

December 7, 2018 USCIS sent notice:  Card mailed.

December 12, 2018 Ten year Green Card received from Lees Summit, MO

499 days from NOA issued by VSC until Green Card received.

- - - - - - - - - - 

CITIZENSHIP PROCESS

December 6, 2018 submitted N-400 application on-line.  Estimated Completion Time: 8 months or August 2019.

December 8, 2018 received notice on USCIS that Biometrics scheduled . . . but the actual date was not yet shown.

December 11, 2018 saw in 'Documents' section of USCIS that Bio scheduled for 24 December 2018.

December 21, 2018 saw on USCIS website that they will be closed 24 December 2018 as extra holiday.

January 9, 2019 went for re-scheduled BIO appointment.  33 days after N-400 submitted on-line.

February 19, 2019 received letter in US mail that Citizenship interview scheduled for 26 March 2019. 74 days after submission on-line.

March 26, 2019 Citizenship interview scheduled for.  109 days after N-400 submitted on-line.

March 26, 2019 Passed Citizenship interview.

April 12, 2019  Received notice that Oath Ceremony had been scheduled for 24 April 2019.  17 days after interview.

April 24, 2019  Oath Ceremony completed.  29 days after interview.     139 days after N-400 submitted on-line.

April 25, 2019  USA Passport Application submitted.

May 3, 2019     USA Passport received.    149 days after N-400 submitted on-line.

May 9, 2019     Certificate of Naturalization and Citizenship returned in mail.

Timeline

Thanks, do I just put a fictitious travel date?

You can either put made up dates in the future, or just leave the date and length blank and then hand-write Unknown after you print out the form.

Thank you KayDeeCee for all your info

I am just wondering I just have one certified copy of my marriage, can I use it for both I-130 and I-485 ? or should I get another certified copy made ?

Just a regular copy of the marriage certificate you have on hand is all you need. So make one copy for each form.

Timeline

Thank you! You've been very helpful! And its greatly appreciated!!

I apologize in advance I know it is not really easy to read but I don't want to pay a lawyer to QA my forms just let me know if it s fine .

I-130

C-14 Date authorized stay expired on I-94 ?
C-17 Should I put my wife ?

I-485
Part B
After listed the US spouse , for “applying with you” should I put no right ?
Part 3 A For the current occupation should I put “unemployed” or “waiting for AOS” ?
For the mother and father first name is it their last name correct ?

I-765

11 Date OPT granted or requested?
Should I put (C ) (9 ) ( ) for 16 ?
Should I include past 2 EAD and I-20 with the I-765

I-864

Part 1 Should I put a or b
Part 5 where should we put the number?
For the 1) 1 but for 2) and 3) should I put 1 in both ? it would be 3 people in the household although we re only 2 …
Part 6b current individual income expected or what the US spouse made last year ?
24K of income last year based on the W2 and 7k of savings ( including one joint account)

G-325A for US spouse

Just remember last 3 address ,is it bad ?
Right before to sign what should be sign ? Naturalization , Other (specify) or Status as Permanent Resident ?
Also I am confuse should I get the G-325 A or the G-325 ? I am confuse . Also it said the form will expired on the 02/28/2015.
I-131
Part 2 which box am I supposed to check
Part 3 I don’t really know when I will leave it is just to be safe if a relative die
Part 4 . Should I put a reason ?
Should I fill up part 7 ?

What about how to organized the files, should I create 2 folders I-130 and I-485 ?
Is it fine I just put regular copy, is it ok I just staple some form together or no staple

Could you also check my document checklist:

I-130…-……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

 Form I-130: Petition for non US Citizen Spouse filled by US Citizen Spouse
 Personal check for the form I-130 in the name of U.S. Department of Homeland Security
 Copy of the Full Birth certificate and United States passport of US Citizen Spouse
 A copy of the passport non US Citizen Spouse
 A copy of the birth certificate with English translation and passport of non US Citizen Spouse
 A certified copy of the marriage certificate
 A certified official copy of the divorce decree of non US Citizen Spouse
 A copy of the driver license of US Citizen Spouse and non US Citizen Spouse
 A Copy of the Social Security card of US Citizen Spouse and non US Citizen Spouse
 G-325A filled out by US Citizen Spouse, signed and dated.
 2 Passport picture of US Citizen Spouse
 G-325A filled out by non US Citizen Spouse signed and dated.
 2 Passport picture of non US Citizen Spouse
 Evidence of a bonafide marriage : Bank joint account and pictures of the wedding and of the couple plus affidavit

I-485…………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

 Personal check for both the I-485 and the biometrics fee
 >> The fee for I-485 applications filed on or after July 30th 2007 inlcudes the cost of the I-131 and I-765 (no need to pay for them if filed with or while your I-485 application is pending adjudication -- as long as you paid the "new" rate for the I-485 effective July 30th 2007).
 Cover Letter explaining the situation
 Form I-485: Petition for non US Citizen Spouse
 Copy of immigrant Passport
 Electronic I-94 Copy or (for older entries) a copy of the non US Citizen Spouse valid paper I-94 (front and back of form)
 A copy of non US Citizen Spouse birth certificate along with English translation.
 A copy of the marriage certificate.
 A copy of the divorce decree of non US Citizen Spouse
 Two passport-type photos of non US Citizen Spouse behind the corresponding G-325a.
 G-325A of non US Citizen Spouse filled out, signed and dated.
 I-693, Medical Examination of Aliens Seeking Adjustment of Status
 I-864, Affidavit of Support
 W2 of US Citizen Spouse
 6 Last paychecks of US Citizen Spouse
 2014 Tax returns of US Citizen Spouse
 I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, if you want to work while your application is processed (optional)
 I-131, Application for Travel Document

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.