s-luvs-k

All Japan Filers

1,867 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Well the only one I haven't heard from for the August 11th interviews is Sarudoshi. Maybe I just missed it though. I am not sure who's interviews might have been on this last Monday, but surely there were some here.

What part of Hawaii are you from? We were married in Kauai on Lydgate Beach. :)

Edited by Justin and Masako

- Justin and Masako

"The World is Open. Are You?"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

you might of seen this 2 times now, I posted it in the wrong section before... here it is again...

I was wondering if anyone knows of some cheap airfare from Narita. I'm flying to Japan in Oct, and leaving November. I bought my ticket about 2months ago. well we got expedited, and her interview is at the end of September so she will have her visa before November. I want to try and get her on my same flight so we can fly together. I'm looking at one-way tickets that are almost $3,000.( WOW) I heard if you buy a round trip ticket and do not return, then they charge your card anyways. Any help on cheap airfare would be nice. Thanks

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Tokyo, Japan

I-129F Sent : June 01 2008

NOA1 Received June 21 2008

"Touch" July 8 2008

''Touch'' July 9 2008

NOA2 JULY 28 2008!!!!!

''Touch'' July 29 2008

" The touch for July 29 was USCIS mailing the case to NVC"

"August 8 2008 received letter in mail from NVC...case was mailed to Tokyo..should arrive in a week"

" August 13 2008 Finace Received packet in mail from Tokyo"

''August 21 she started the Police report''

''August 25 she received email from consulate confirming the interview date''

''August 28 she received Police report''

''She will complete medical mid September''

'' medical finished $430.00''

''Interview is at the end of September''

''Interview yesterday October 29 ( for Japan ) They asked many questions but everything went well! visa arrives in 5 days!!!!!"

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline
you might of seen this 2 times now, I posted it in the wrong section before... here it is again...

I was wondering if anyone knows of some cheap airfare from Narita. I'm flying to Japan in Oct, and leaving November. I bought my ticket about 2months ago. well we got expedited, and her interview is at the end of September so she will have her visa before November. I want to try and get her on my same flight so we can fly together. I'm looking at one-way tickets that are almost $3,000.( WOW) I heard if you buy a round trip ticket and do not return, then they charge your card anyways. Any help on cheap airfare would be nice. Thanks

Don't know where you or wife will be flying from NRT, but a quick glance shows r/t fares to LAX at round $ 1000.00 on Northwest. Never by o/w fare. If our wife plans on returning for a visit sometimes within the next 6 months or so UA has a 1300.00 fare available. Also, don't forget to check the Japanese travel websites, sometimes one can purchase an al inclusive ticket ( flight, hotel, etc ) for less than a regular ticket. Use the hotel and just don't show up for the return flight ( best not to tell anyone in advance ). Use Southwest out of LAX to whereever your final destination is, no worries about luggage fees etc.

Let me know if you need further help. Good luck and take care.

Well the only one I haven't heard from for the August 11th interviews is Sarudoshi. Maybe I just missed it though. I am not sure who's interviews might have been on this last Monday, but surely there were some here.

Nowhere fancy, just plain downtown Waikiki, I own a condo directly opposite the Hilton Hawaiian Village.

Filed: Other Country: Japan
Timeline

EXCELLENT advice from YOUTOO.

Just adding a little...I fly a LOT. Sometimes several times a month and, I've never heard of an airline charging you for not using the second-half of a RT fare.

That is, you pay for the full RT fare, and that's it (obviously there's no option to pay for 1/2 a RT ticket). Using the return ticket is your business. They don't care.

Most airlines will allow you to change a ticket within a year (for a Fee).

So if you have an emergency in Japan within the next year, you should be able to use the return fare (as long as you pay the change fee, and there are seats available within the same class of service).

IMPORTANT - if you plan to use the return ticket at a later date, you MUST change the ticket to the furthest date the airline will allow (and possibly have to change it again).

If you picked a return date in December, it would expire after that date, and you would most likely have no recourse.

So if you can get a R/T from NRT to LAX for $1K, I think that's the ticket (pun intended).

Best I've found to Chicago is $1340 on AA or ANA. Guess which one I'd choose.

Good luck, and congratulations.

Edited by Ling Ling

LingChe NVC Guide

Using this guide may allow you to fly through NVC in as little as 11 days.

visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/LingChe_NVC_ShortCut

--------------------

Our Visa Journey

2006-11-01: Met online through common interest in music - NOT Dating Service

2007-01-28: Met in person in Paris

2007-10-02: Married in Tokyo

2008-07-05: I-130 Sent

2008-08-13: NOA2 I-130

2008-10-02: Case Complete at NVC

2008-11-04: Interview - CR-1 Visa APPROVED

2008-12-11: POE - Chicago

2009-01-12: GC and Welcome Letter

2010-09-01: Preparing I-751 Removal of Conditions

2011-03-22: Card Production Ordered

2011-03-30 10 Year Card Received DONE FOR 10 YEARS

Standard Disclaimer (may not be valid in Iowa or Kentucky, please check your local laws): Any information given should not be considered legal advice,

and is based on personal experience or personal knowledge. Sometimes there might not be any information at all in my posts. Sometimes it might just

be humor or chit-chat, or nonsense. Deal with it. If you can read this...you're too close. Step away from the LingLing

YES WE DID!

And it appears to have made very little difference.

.png

Timeline

EXCELLENT advice from YOUTOO.

Just adding a little...I fly a LOT. Sometimes several times a month and, I've never heard of an airline charging you for not using the second-half of a RT fare.

That is, you pay for the full RT fare, and that's it (obviously there's no option to pay for 1/2 a RT ticket). Using the return ticket is your business. They don't care.

Most airlines will allow you to change a ticket within a year (for a Fee).

So if you have an emergency in Japan within the next year, you should be able to use the return fare (as long as you pay the change fee, and there are seats available within the same class of service).

IMPORTANT - if you plan to use the return ticket at a later date, you MUST change the ticket to the furthest date the airline will allow (and possibly have to change it again).

If you picked a return date in December, it would expire after that date, and you would most likely have no recourse.

So if you can get a R/T from NRT to LAX for $1K, I think that's the ticket (pun intended).

Best I've found to Chicago is $1340 on AA or ANA. Guess which one I'd choose.

Good luck, and congratulations.

Thanks for the relpys. Ok, so I think I will buy a R/T ticket and just not have her return, that should save around $1,000 at least. I'm trying to get her a ticket for Continental Airlines because that is what I'm using to come back. I want her to fly with me to avoid any confusion for the POE, ( She has never been to the U.S. before) and if you arrive in Dallas or Chicago you can have trouble navigating around. I guess if my flight is full, I can change my return flight date to get one with her. Thanks everyone. I was told that you would be charged if you do not use the return ticket, it's nice to know you wont.

"Touch" July 8 2008

''Touch'' July 9 2008

NOA2 JULY 28 2008!!!!!

''Touch'' July 29 2008

"August 8 2008 received letter in mail from NVC...case was mailed to Tokyo..should arrive in a week"

''Interview yesterday October 29 ( for Japan ) They asked many questions but everything went well! visa arrives in 5 days!!!!!"

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

Thanks for the relpys. Ok, so I think I will buy a R/T ticket and just not have her return, that should save around $1,000 at least. I'm trying to get her a ticket for Continental Airlines because that is what I'm using to come back. I want her to fly with me to avoid any confusion for the POE, ( She has never been to the U.S. before) and if you arrive in Dallas or Chicago you can have trouble navigating around. I guess if my flight is full, I can change my return flight date to get one with her. Thanks everyone. I was told that you would be charged if you do not use the return ticket, it's nice to know you wont.

Let me give you a little bit more of an "inside" advice from a NW MillionMiler. You mention that you are on a CO flight, not sure via IAH or EWR. In any case, should you decide to book your wife on CO as well, don't overlook the options on NWA.com. If you search the "schedule" option, you might find that the CO flight pops up as a NW codeshare. Historically CO is more expensive than NW, so if you can grab the NW codeshare, you will save money and still be on the same flight. CO 6 NRT-IAH will show as NW 6006, CO 8 will show as NW 6008. I just did a random check and booking on the NW site netted savings between $ 600.00 - 1600.00. If you need some more help, pm me. Take care.

Timeline

When I called WorldPerks (NWA) about this same stuff the lady said forget about one way tickets and just get the round trip and when she gets here just call and cancel the return. She said that doing that means that you won't get any miles but that it would be far cheaper then the one way ticket. And that was from an NWA employee. :)

YOUTOO, my wife was at Wikiki beach just before our wedding when she was waiting (almost all day) for my flight to come in before we went on to Kauai. She said she really liked it. I have never been there myself but I will bet we will be back in the future as we both had fun taking surfing lessons and would love to try it again. :)

- Justin and Masako

Timeline

back to page 1

"Touch" July 8 2008

''Touch'' July 9 2008

NOA2 JULY 28 2008!!!!!

''Touch'' July 29 2008

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline
back to page 1

Try Across Travel agents in Kobe. They recently booked for me a one way ticket from Osaka to DC by 120000 yen. This is called 3 day advance ticket. The airlines is UA.The guy who booked to me is Mr. Hirayama.

BNM

USCIS

I-130 Sent : 2007-10-01

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-01-07

I-130 Approved : 2008-05-19

NVC

NVC Received : 2008-05-28

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2008-06-13

Pay I-864 Bill 2008-06-13

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2008-06-13

Timeline
Quick update : My wife received her 2 year Green Card today in the mail, 23 days after POE in Guam. SS card is still pending.

Good luck to all.

I am glad to hear that the GC came! :) You must have been thrilled to get it! :)

I hope the SSC won't be long behind! :)

- Justin and Masako

Filed: Other Country: Japan
Timeline
back to page 1

Try Across Travel agents in Kobe. They recently booked for me a one way ticket from Osaka to DC by 120000 yen. This is called 3 day advance ticket. The airlines is UA.The guy who booked to me is Mr. Hirayama.

BNM

This doesn't sound like a good deal. 120K yen is about $1100 bucks.

We're seeing R/T tickets for about that much (+/- $200).

The idea behind an R/T ticket is that you can keep pushing the return date out up to a year. If an emergency comes up before the ticket expires, you just pay the change fee, instead of having to get a ticket in a short time period (same day tickets could cost $4,000 USD or more).

LingChe NVC Guide

Using this guide may allow you to fly through NVC in as little as 11 days.

visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/LingChe_NVC_ShortCut

--------------------

Our Visa Journey

2006-11-01: Met online through common interest in music - NOT Dating Service

2007-01-28: Met in person in Paris

2007-10-02: Married in Tokyo

2008-07-05: I-130 Sent

2008-08-13: NOA2 I-130

2008-10-02: Case Complete at NVC

2008-11-04: Interview - CR-1 Visa APPROVED

2008-12-11: POE - Chicago

2009-01-12: GC and Welcome Letter

2010-09-01: Preparing I-751 Removal of Conditions

2011-03-22: Card Production Ordered

2011-03-30 10 Year Card Received DONE FOR 10 YEARS

Standard Disclaimer (may not be valid in Iowa or Kentucky, please check your local laws): Any information given should not be considered legal advice,

and is based on personal experience or personal knowledge. Sometimes there might not be any information at all in my posts. Sometimes it might just

be humor or chit-chat, or nonsense. Deal with it. If you can read this...you're too close. Step away from the LingLing

YES WE DID!

And it appears to have made very little difference.

.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline
back to page 1

BNM

This doesn't sound like a good deal. 120K yen is about $1100 bucks.

We're seeing R/T tickets for about that much (+/- $200).

The idea behind an R/T ticket is that you can keep pushing the return date out up to a year. If an emergency comes up before the ticket expires, you just pay the change fee, instead of having to get a ticket in a short time period (same day tickets could cost $4,000 USD or more).

I am not saying it is the cheapest but my case is different and I use one way. I wont be back to Jp. R/T are always cheaper than one way. But fuel charge for two way is 56000 yen while for one way is half. besides those R/T with 130000 yen are fixed one month , it means you cannot push the return date. No refunds. If you want to make one year open then they surely have different rate. Those one day tickets are always expensive.

BNM

USCIS

I-130 Sent : 2007-10-01

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-01-07

I-130 Approved : 2008-05-19

NVC

NVC Received : 2008-05-28

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2008-06-13

Pay I-864 Bill 2008-06-13

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2008-06-13

Timeline

I padi $1,300 for my ticket R/T and $1,400 fore hers... but we are not planning on her return! :)

"Touch" July 8 2008

''Touch'' July 9 2008

NOA2 JULY 28 2008!!!!!

''Touch'' July 29 2008

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

Hi Justin and Masako,

Sorry, was soooo busy didn't have time to open my PC. I'm here still alive. :whistle:

Actually, we were sitting behind you at the Embassy.

Got the visa two days later, arrived in US August 18th. POE in Seattle, although there was an hour and a half wait in the line POE was painless just like the interview. The only question asked was what is my address in US.

By the way, you're the sweetest couple I've seen at the Embassy. :star:

Sarudoshi

CR1 - California Service Center

02-28-2007 Sent in application

12-10-2007 Interview US Embassy/Tokyo

12-12-2007 Visa received

12-25-2007 US entry

Lifting Condition - Vermont Service Center

10-07-2009 Sent in application

11-20-2009 Biometrics Appointment

01-04-2010 Approved

01-24-2010 Visa received

N400 - Lewisville Texas

04-26-2011 Sent in application

05-02-2011 NOA

05-02-2011 Check cashed

06-09-2011 Received Biometrics Appointment Letter for 06/15

06-10-2011 Early walk-in Biometrics

06-14-2011 Inline sched. for interview

07-08-2011 Received Interview Letter

08-10-2011 Interview (Passed)

08-22-2011 Oath

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.