JCV

Any advice on coping with the wait...

8 posts in this topic

What kind of immigration process you are in now?

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

What kind of immigration process you are in now?

waiting for the noa2 for cr1 visa. i lived with my husband for one year as i got a job and now we are separated for a year and it sucks... god knows how long this is going to take, and i could have just stayed there and adjusted status when we got married, but for some reason i decided to do it the 'right way' ...... :(

waiting for the noa2 for cr1 visa. i lived with my husband for one year as i got a job and now we are separated for a year and it sucks... god knows how long this is going to take, and i could have just stayed there and adjusted status when we got married, but for some reason i decided to do it the 'right way' ...... :(

I understand. When I had my process, K-1 visa, it was pretty smooth and fast. But we had been in a long distance relationship for over 5 years before my husband filed I-129F for me. That was hard time especially when we had 14 difference hours. I won't let the process stressed me out. I am now in processing for my adjustment of status and still waiting for approval.

I knew many people have been approved before me even though they filed after me. I have no hard feelings toward them. I take this a challenging process, learning process to understand about you can't always get what you want. I am sure there many things you can do. When my application was processed at TSC, I spent most of times busy with my work, hanging out with my friends and family, took vacation to Singapore with friends, learning new things. I also had started learning the town where I am living now.

If you kept looking at clock, checking on USCIS website, calendar, honestly, it won't help you no matter how high hopes you put in. Please put in mind, every cloud has a silver lining and you will eventually see the light at end of the tunnel. Make yourself busy is a important key you will have no stress regarding the process. Patience is a virtue.

"Let us rejoice in our suffering, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope" - Roman 5:3-

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Filed: Timeline

I saved up my vacation and visited my wife (we went through K1 visa route) as much as I could while doing the waiting game. I found Skype/email didn't cut it for us. It was expensive.

I don't recommend checking the USCIS website update, it will drive you insane. I did it myself and it was not productive.

I understand. When I had my process, K-1 visa, it was pretty smooth and fast. But we had been in a long distance relationship for over 5 years before my husband filed I-129F for me. That was hard time especially when we had 14 difference hours. I won't let the process stressed me out. I am now in processing for my adjustment of status and still waiting for approval.

I knew many people have been approved before me even though they filed after me. I have no hard feelings toward them. I take this a challenging process, learning process to understand about you can't always get what you want. I am sure there many things you can do. When my application was processed at TSC, I spent most of times busy with my work, hanging out with my friends and family, took vacation to Singapore with friends, learning new things. I also had started learning the town where I am living now.

If you kept looking at clock, checking on USCIS website, calendar, honestly, it won't help you no matter how high hopes you put in. Please put in mind, every cloud has a silver lining and you will eventually see the light at end of the tunnel. Make yourself busy is a important key you will have no stress regarding the process. Patience is a virtue.

"Let us rejoice in our suffering, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope" - Roman 5:3-

Thank you so much! Sometimes it just feels like it will never happen, and i freak out and tell my husband i want to go to Australia or Thailand or anywhere else...which would of happened if he never got offered a really good job for a huge company back in the states :(

I have started to track my case everyday... and my predicted time for acceptance isn't even until July haha :l

I will stop looking and try and keep busy, to be honest i should be really busy.. i have my dissertation due soon and I'm behind on everything because i have no motivation to do anything!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Keep busy. Enjoy your friends, family and foods that you might miss when you move. I am one of the few ppl who didn't mind the wait most of the time. I was getting things ready mentally and enjoying what I loved most about home.

The times I hated the wait I filled it with phone calls and playing online games together. I was a single mother of 4 though so my time was pretty full.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

I checked my status every day but the wait was over when my now husband got a text at a stupid time in the morning telling us the case had been updated.

Let's face it, you won't be patient, it will drive you crazy, and you'll feel like you're going mad because your whole life depends on that tiny word. Approved.

The best advice I can give to you is be patient but that's easier said than done.

Who cares! Feel it! Go crazy, be impatient! Because at the end when you are approved, none of what you feel now will matter. You won't remember it. You'll just be happy.

So whatever you are feeling now just remember you won't care about how long you waited when you see that little word of approval.

Edited by Cody and Daisy

My Name is Daisy, I am British, I say things bluntly and to the point.
London K1, A complete guide -- >http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/474161-london-k1-a-complete-guide/
I am Daisy the Beneficiary, These are my views!
U.K. k1 visa, approved 2014.

NOA1: 20/03/2014

NOA2: 11/04/2014 (22 days)

Interview: 09/07/2014 (111 days)

D.O.E 29/07/2014

Married 29/08/2014

AOS from K1/K3 Guide -->http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos

AOS/EAD/AP Sent: 12/11/2014

Delivered at Chicago LB:15/11/2014

NOA1 (all 3): 17/11/2014

NOA1 (all 3) hardcopy: 24/11/2014(Notice date 20th)

Bio-metrics App letter: 28/11/2014(Notice date 21st)

Bio-metrics App Cleveland Ohio: 10/12/2014

EAD/AP:Approved/production 31/01/2015(update 2/2/1015) (80 days)

Combo Card: Mailed 5/2/2015

Combo Card: Delivered 6/2/2015AP

NOA: Approval Notice received 7/2/2015

Interview waiver letter: received 23/2/15 dated: 18/2/2015

Green Card: APPROVED 31/07/2015

(Remember, all my dates are British layout.. the proper layout!)