jassynicholas

Medical Exam in Canada

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I am 26 years old. Will I be required to have my Hep A & B shot? I hear it is a series of shots over a span of time. I seem to have not gotten this in grade school.

Also does anyone know what vaccinations are required? I am trying to get these vaccinations now. Most are covered. The Hep A & B are not covered. I have nothing medical related to it and some sites say it's not required.

Should I have all the shots that are covered by my health care here in Canada before attending the medical exam?

Thank you for your responses. I'm sorry if this has already been asked. I've gone google crazy on this one.

Edited by jassygirl

K1 VISA: Canadian Fiance

Mailed via Fed-Ex: 19-Jan-15

USCIS Received: 22-Jan-15

NOA1 (Electronic): 26-Jan-15

NOA2 (Electronic): 5-Feb-15

Case # Received: 21-Feb-15

Consulate Received: 27-Feb-15

Packet 3 Received: ****

Packet 3 Sent: 27-Feb-15

Packet 4 Received: 11-Mar-15

Medical: 18-Mar-15 - Complete!

Interview: 10-Apr-15 - Approved!

POE: Hopefully April 24.

Timeline

You probably did but you need to have proof (vaccination cards). I went for my medical exam on the 19th and I had to get tetanus (you need to get it every 10 years) and the flu shot. It cost me around 70$ extra.

Edited by sweetgal8

*** I am the beneficiary ***

laB4m4.png

K-1 Visa Timeline!

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

I-129F Sent : 2014-02-10

NOA1 : 2014-02-18

NOA2 USCIS Notification - Hardcopy : 2014-08-11 (174 days)

Case received by NVC: 2014-08-15

Case number assigned: 2014-08-27

Case left NVC to consulate: 2014-08-28

Received by consulate: 2014-09-08

Received Packet 3: 2014-09-12

Sent Packet 3: 2014-12-05

Received Packet 4: 2014-12-11

Medical: 2015-01-19

Interview Date: 2015-02-06 (APPROVED)

Timeline
Thanks so much for responding sweetgal8!

This is good news because I'm scheduled to get the flu shot and tetanus shot with my family doctor tomorrow.

Did you already have the Hep A & B shot then from grade school? I never got this shot and I'm wondering if I should pay to have it now. It's pretty expensive and it requires 4 doses if you fast track it in a months time.

Also did you just bring your immunization cards to the medical? It doesn't have much on it for me - just dates, vaccination names and my age.

Was there anything else important I should bring to the medical? Or any other information you have on vaccinations that would be required? I would rather get them done ahead of time by my family doctor if they are covered and I won't have to pay anything.

Thanks again! :) Good luck at your interview very soon! :)

K1 VISA: Canadian Fiance

Mailed via Fed-Ex: 19-Jan-15

USCIS Received: 22-Jan-15

NOA1 (Electronic): 26-Jan-15

NOA2 (Electronic): 5-Feb-15

Case # Received: 21-Feb-15

Consulate Received: 27-Feb-15

Packet 3 Received: ****

Packet 3 Sent: 27-Feb-15

Packet 4 Received: 11-Mar-15

Medical: 18-Mar-15 - Complete!

Interview: 10-Apr-15 - Approved!

POE: Hopefully April 24.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Country-specific thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the Canada regional subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
This is good news because I'm scheduled to get the flu shot and tetanus shot with my family doctor tomorrow.
Did you already have the Hep A & B shot then from grade school? I never got this shot and I'm wondering if I should pay to have it now. It's pretty expensive and it requires 4 doses if you fast track it in a months time.
I had my medical examination at Medisys Montreal and had never got the Hep A and B shots and I did noy have to get them. The doctor put a note as my age did not require it; I am 24. ;)
Also did you just bring your immunization cards to the medical? It doesn't have much on it for me - just dates, vaccination names and my age.
Was there anything else important I should bring to the medical? Or any other information you have on vaccinations that would be required? I would rather get them done ahead of time by my family doctor if they are covered and I won't have to pay anything.

Timeline

The US Civil Surgeon at my medical got a copy of my vaccination record (updated with the new shots I received) and transcribed it to verify that I had received all the necessary shots. Some of the shots (I recall Hep A & B, and rubella) were marked off as not age appropriate shots so they were not required vaccinations for me.

I assume this might be the same for you as well but it's a good thing you are getting your tetanus shot and flu shot done before your medical.

You need MMR (mumps measles rubella) Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) and varicella (verbal chicken pox is okay or get the shot) You also need influenza during flu season. Hep A and B are not necessary. I brought proof of my immunity to my medical and it was still marked of as not age appropriate.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.