Angel012110

February 2015 AOS Filers

792 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hey all!

Looks like my status has updated this morning to "my Card was mailed to me" on May 5th we sent your card. Thank goodness! :) Any idea when you guys think I should receive it? Also any idea when the tracking number is posted online?

Thanks so much!

Hey TMDM,

You should receive an update with your tracking number later today and probably receive your card by Thursday. I'm saying that because I received my update Yesterday (earlier just de status and later the tracking) and my card delivery have an estimate for Tomorrow.

Congrats!!!!

Hey TMDM,

You should receive an update with your tracking number later today and probably receive your card by Thursday. I'm saying that because I received my update Yesterday (earlier just de status and later the tracking) and my card delivery have an estimate for Tomorrow.

Congrats!!!!

Thanks icampos! So happy to see it's been mailed. i'm looking forward to getting the tracking number :) Thanks for all your help!

I'm still waiting on my interview letter, have a feeling that might be a while!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Just a note to those who need their SSN ASAP. When I moved to the U.S. years ago my emoloyer needed my social, which hadn't come in for weeks after I applied. Finally there was a form that my HR had to sign requesting my SSN earlier (than the card arrival). I took that form to the SSA office and they printed me a piece of paper with my social

Timeline

Thanks icampos! So happy to see it's been mailed. i'm looking forward to getting the tracking number :) Thanks for all your help!

I'm still waiting on my interview letter, have a feeling that might be a while!

You're very welcome and many thanks to you and all users for helping us!!!

I hope that you receive your letter really soon, let's keep our fingers crossed :) Keep us update.

Timeline

Just a note to those who need their SSN ASAP. When I moved to the U.S. years ago my emoloyer needed my social, which hadn't come in for weeks after I applied. Finally there was a form that my HR had to sign requesting my SSN earlier (than the card arrival). I took that form to the SSA office and they printed me a piece of paper with my social

Hi Flyr,

Thanks for sharing that info, in my case I just "need" the SSN to apply for my Driver's License though. I'll try to get my SSN written in a piece of paper but I don't believe they will give it to me just for the driver's license :( Well, let's try it :)

Hey all,

not had my tracking number yet for EAD. For those of you that received it, what time did it come through? Its 5pm PST at the moment. My card status was changed to mailed today :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hey all,

not had my tracking number yet for EAD. For those of you that received it, what time did it come through? Its 5pm PST at the moment. My card status was changed to mailed today :)

It came around 3pm EST, on the same day the status changed to card was mailed. And I never got a tracking number.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Bahamas
Timeline

I cant express how much reading this whole thread from begining to end has help me relieve stress and frustration. My timeline:

Sent I-130: 7/8/14

NOA-1: 7/10/14

Approved: 1/8/15

AOS

Sent I-485/ I-865: 2/10/15

NOA-1: 2/12/15

RFE (Affidavit of Support): 3/4/15

RFE Response: 4/14/15

NOA-2: 4/16/14

Biometric Appt.: 3/5/15

EAD Approved: 5/4/15

My I-485 still says "we recieved your response" and theyre gonna continue to work on my case, expect to hear and answer or interview June 15, 2015. Im hoping I get an answer or and interview by then. It seems to be a longshot since theyre now processing August 2014 in ATL. Thanks for the support guys you are a huge help on keeping my sanity.

Looks as though I finally got my tracking number and my card should arrive on Thursday so will be heading to apply for my SSN!

Quick question for all those who have applied, is it just a case of bringing the EAD card itself, Birth Certificate and Passport and the completed SSN form? or is more documentation required?

Thanks all! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Looks as though I finally got my tracking number and my card should arrive on Thursday so will be heading to apply for my SSN!

Quick question for all those who have applied, is it just a case of bringing the EAD card itself, Birth Certificate and Passport and the completed SSN form? or is more documentation required?

Hi TMDM!

I also had to show them my marriage certificate, I guess as proof of my name change. I don't know if that's normal but it might be worth taking it with you just in case...

Good Luck! :)

Hello!

so the USCIS office where they do interviews is actually in a nice area with lots of stores and a big mall just around the corner. Lots of refugee resettlement agencies are in that area, workers in ATL office are used to dealing with very complicated cases. Staff is very friendly, but they are not messing around. Have everything ready, be prepared and honest. The director of the USCIS was here just 2 weeks ago to visit this office - they do good work. Parking is easy to find, the office has plenty of parking spots for free. As far as hotels, there are hotels in that area (you can see those on google maps), but I have never stayed there or any of our clients, so I am not sure if there are good. But i am sure that anything is fine for one night:)

Message me if you would like to know more:)

p.s make sure you are going to the right address. USCIS has 3 locations in ATL right now:)

Thanks so much! We looked up the right address. Looks like it's in North lake. Fingers crossed it'll go Smoothly. I can't imagine why it wouldn't!

We're now outside of the estimated time for the work permit but if we get approved at our interview it'll only have been 3 months from application to greencard which seems super quick! We're very pleased!

Hi TMDM!

I also had to show them my marriage certificate, I guess as proof of my name change. I don't know if that's normal but it might be worth taking it with you just in case...

Good Luck! :)

Thanks so much Charlie55. I'll be sure to bring my certificate of marriage as well :)

good luck to you also!

Timeline

@icampos

Out here at the NY DMV They want to see your SSN card. the number alone isn't sufficient.

Uhmmm...damn it...So I'll have to wait until my card arrive :(

Thanks for your help!!! :D

Timeline

Congrats!!!! I'm so happy that your case is flying as mine :) My EAD should arrive at anytime \o/ Wohooooo!!!!

I'll apply for the SSN first thing tomorrow morning and then wait for the card to apply for my DL. Soooooo happy guys!!!

Thanks to everyone in this forum, you guys are awesome helping us get through this hard time and process!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.