-Shana-

UK VJers Progress Update Thread

3,615 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Well I got the letter and it said to go to that gov website to "learn how to apply for a K1 visa"

We have our Case number.. the LND number.

It just said that they were forwarding out petition to the Embassy. I'm just confused at the moment I think... Especially about this e-mail thing my attorney is talking about.

Did you receive e-mails letting you know what you needed etc?

Do we just need to wait until our petition is at the Embassy and then it will become more clear?

I'm worried that we are missing a step - the payment to the NVC... I went online and tried to figure it out but it told me I needed to select an agent.

I don't know what your attorney is talking about - I haven't received an email throughout this entire process, other than when I scheduled my interview and that was this week. We didn't have help, other than our own brains and everything has gone fine.

Now you have your case number, you can check it's status by visiting here:

https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/

Select "IMMIGRANT VISA"

Put in case number.

It should say in transit.

You wait.

Eventually it will say READY

Which means London are ready for you to complete forms and book medical.

I'm not sure what payments you mean - You have paid for filing I-129F, the next payment is medical. Nothing to NVC?!

Edited by Emmylou151

I am the beneficiary originally from UK !!

ROC Timeline:

01.04.19: I-751 Received @ Phoenix

01.09.19: Check Cashed

02.13.19: NOA Received

04.30.19: Biometrics Completed

Timeline

In addition, check this thread - it's told me everything I need to know for this process:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/474161-london-k1-a-complete-guide/

ROC Timeline:

Thanks guys :) It looks like I need to go get boosters done :/ I had my Diphtheria, Tetanus & Pertussis shots in 3 parts when I was a baby but no boosters, I had my polio one done as a baby too again no boosters.

Same goes for my MMR jabs, I've had them but no boosters according to my vaccine record, I am going to speak to my mum and see what she says but would it be best if I get my GP to give me the shots rather than at the medical? Or could I get them all done at the medical once and for all?

I've head that these are the important ones for the medical and I did have chickenpox twice as a child so I know I don't need that one.

You need to get the requirements straight in your head.

NO POLIO required for adult immigration.

Two MMRS and you are done forever.

Td booster (Tetanus/diphtheria) is needed if your baby T, D, and P shots were more than 10 years ago.

Flu shot if you have medical before end of flu season (March 31)

Varicella shot is waived for immigration if you had chickenpox. Make a point to tell Knightsbrige you had chickenpox and that they tick the box "Varicella History" on your form.

That's it for immigration if you are 19 or older. Children/teens have additional requirements.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Well I got the letter and it said to go to that gov website to "learn how to apply for a K1 visa"

We have our Case number.. the LND number.

It just said that they were forwarding out petition to the Embassy. I'm just confused at the moment I think... Especially about this e-mail thing my attorney is talking about.

Did you receive e-mails letting you know what you needed etc?

Do we just need to wait until our petition is at the Embassy and then it will become more clear?

I'm worried that we are missing a step - the payment to the NVC... I went online and tried to figure it out but it told me I needed to select an agent.

Your lawyer is probably useless at this point because he doesn't know the K1 process at London. He is giving you spouse visa information. Spouses process at the NVC. They get emails from NVC, send documents to NVC and payments to NVC.

A K1 passes through there just to get an LND number and everything else happens in London and letters come from the consulate to the UK person. Read the pinned thread for K1s. Some links are broken and some things that have changed are corrected further in the thread. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/474161-london-k1-a-complete-guide-do-not-post-questions-in-thread/

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

I don't know what your attorney is talking about - I haven't received an email throughout this entire process, other than when I scheduled my interview and that was this week. We didn't have help, other than our own brains and everything has gone fine.

Now you have your case number, you can check it's status by visiting here:

https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/

Select "IMMIGRANT VISA"

Put in case number.

It should say in transit.

You wait.

Eventually it will say READY

Which means London are ready for you to complete forms and book medical.

I'm not sure what payments you mean - You have paid for filing I-129F, the next payment is medical. Nothing to NVC?!

Thank you SO much for that info... I just checked and ours says READY now.

I will be going through that forum that you posted... Sorry I didn't do my research well enough!!!

I'm the US Petitioner

10.23.2015: I-129F Sent

11.04.2015: NOA1

12.01.2015: NOA2

12.14.2015: NVC Received

12.15.2015: LND Case Number Received

12.29.2015: Case Received at London Embassy

02.02.2016: Medical

02.03.2016: Readiness form submitted

03.14.2016: Interview! - Approved!

05.11.2016: POE

Curious about NVC Receiving!

We got our letter from the NVC saying they had received our packet on Dec. 18th... but we had no invoice number. We had our case number and everything.

I am using an attorney and she said we should be receiving an e-mail from the NVC.

Is this what happened for any of you?

Unless your case is ultra complicated I would dump the lawyer!

Tip top advice and help available on here, or the official websites

Even a dullard like me managed to do it lol

Thanks for the quick reply, I just about had a heart attack!

I felt a little sick to my stomach when I saw the birth certificate for the USC as well! Did not being that with me.

~*INTENT IS DETERMINED AT POE*~

Forever wishing for an eye-roll reaction.

K-1 Visa~
9/28/2015 - I-129f Packet Mailed to Texas Lockbox
10/1/2015 - NOA 1 Email - I-129f sent to California Service Center
10/8/2015 - NOA 1 Hard Copy
10/27/2015 - NOA 2
11/21/2015 - Packet 3 Received
1/08/2916 - Medical! Lots of jabs >.>
2/23/2016 - APPROVED!
6/20/2016 - POE
7/29/2016 - Married ❤️

~*Approval 146 Days from NOA1*~

AOS ~
9/9/2016 - AOS/AP/EAD packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox
9/11/2016 - Delivered to Chicago Lockbox
9/20/2016 - Received Text/Email NOA1
9/23/2016 - Hard Copy NOA1s
10/12/2016 - Biometrics Appointment
11/04/2016 - AP Status "Approved" EAD "Date of Birth Updated"
11/18/2016 - Received EAD/AP Combo Card!
12/23/2016 - Received Green Card

~*Green Card 95 Days from NOA1*~

ROC~

10/12/2018 - Mailed ROC Packet

11/8/2018 - NOA-1 

7/5/2019 - Biometrics

~*STILL WAITING 607+ Days since NOA*~

Thanks guys :) It looks like I need to go get boosters done :/ I had my Diphtheria, Tetanus & Pertussis shots in 3 parts when I was a baby but no boosters, I had my polio one done as a baby too again no boosters.

Same goes for my MMR jabs, I've had them but no boosters according to my vaccine record, I am going to speak to my mum and see what she says but would it be best if I get my GP to give me the shots rather than at the medical? Or could I get them all done at the medical once and for all?

I've head that these are the important ones for the medical and I did have chickenpox twice as a child so I know I don't need that one.

Try and get them done at your GP, i didn't have any records or time to get to my GP

I had 2 jabs at £80 each!

Luckily I was a month before the flu jab season

Timeline

Thank you SO much for that info... I just checked and ours says READY now.

I will be going through that forum that you posted... Sorry I didn't do my research well enough!!!

No problem at all :) we are here to help! And trust me... We've all asked questions because we don't undrstand. It's not easy! There's alot I've learned from here than you'd ever find out on the embassy instructions.

I think people's number one mistake is using a lawyer. All you need is alot of time, patience, and a brain cell and yiu can do it. Most people who use lawyers get RFE's!! No point.

You're gonna be fine :)

I've spent more time doing research than I have doing my job and it's paid off for the most part.

Now.. get your docs ready, schedule medical and submit your ds-160 and readiness form ! Good luck!

ROC Timeline:

No problem at all :) we are here to help! And trust me... We've all asked questions because we don't undrstand. It's not easy! There's alot I've learned from here than you'd ever find out on the embassy instructions.

I think people's number one mistake is using a lawyer. All you need is alot of time, patience, and a brain cell and yiu can do it. Most people who use lawyers get RFE's!! No point.

You're gonna be fine :)

I've spent more time doing research than I have doing my job and it's paid off for the most part.

Now.. get your docs ready, schedule medical and submit your ds-160 and readiness form ! Good luck!

Guilty as charged in relation to the lawyer, it was a waste of time and money, he delayed everything and generally made our lives hell!!!

The file has been looked at since the 13/01 hoping to get a letter through soon.

Timeline

Guilty as charged in relation to the lawyer, it was a waste of time and money, he delayed everything and generally made our lives hell!!!

The file has been looked at since the 13/01 hoping to get a letter through soon.

From the horror stories on here, using a lawyer proved more of a hindrance than a help. I won't lie, the entire process of filing scared the poopies out of me, and it's no wonder people freak out and go to a lawyer but in the end, as long as you do research and check EVERYTHING a million times over, it's fine!

It updated 13th hey? I got my letter 2 days after my last update. Maybe call NBV and check if it's been scheduled?

Edited by Emmylou151

ROC Timeline:

From the horror stories on here, using a lawyer proved more of a hindrance than a help. I won't lie, the entire process of filing scared the poopies out of me, and it's no wonder people freak out and go to a lawyer but in the end, as long as you do research and check EVERYTHING a million times over, it's fine!

It updated 13th hey? I got my letter 2 days after my last update. Maybe call NBV and check if it's been scheduled?

The lady wanted to go through one and it has been more of a hinderance than a help :ranting:

He mentioned about doing the AOS through him to, think we will save how ever much it is and do it ourselves, he was lucky not to receive a rocket.

Yep got updated on the 12th & 13th so it looks good there :) Without the risk of sounding stupid is that the US number? If so i'll ask her to call.

The lady wanted to go through one and it has been more of a hinderance than a help :ranting:

He mentioned about doing the AOS through him to, think we will save how ever much it is and do it ourselves, he was lucky not to receive a rocket.

Yep got updated on the 12th & 13th so it looks good there :) Without the risk of sounding stupid is that the US number? If so i'll ask her to call.

Ooh that sounds like progress, fingers crossed its your interview date :)

Yup NVC is the US number +1603 3340 888 - option 1 - Good Luck!

Everything crossed for a smooth and stress free journey

Ooh that sounds like progress, fingers crossed its your interview date :)

Yup NVC is the US number +1603 3340 888 - option 1 - Good Luck!

Thanks for that lovely information :star:

I'll get the lady to ring it, my work won't be thrilled if I call from here :lol:

Thanks for that lovely information :star:

I'll get the lady to ring it, my work won't be thrilled if I call from here :lol:

I think that the only advantage to the time difference is that the US is still working when we get home at night, makes calling them during their office hours so much easier :lol:

Edit to add - today is a holiday over there so I would guess that the NVC is a wasteland of empty desks....

Edited by trudi

Everything crossed for a smooth and stress free journey

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.