-Shana-

UK VJers Progress Update Thread

3,615 posts in this topic

Picked up my passport at 8am this morning! And just literally booked our son and I's flight :)

Leaving October 26th! So excited! Thanks to all the VJ family for helping me get this far and not losing my mind. After the Texas nightmare and so much uncertainty I can now rest easy, a bit until AOS ? and get ready for life in Georgia.

Thanks guys ? ?

h3aDm4.png

ZfQlm4.png

ut7Km8.png

iqv4m8.png

K-1: NOA1 to Visa Approval - 8 MONTHS, 19 DAYS

AOS: NOA1 to Green Card Approval - 3 MONTHS, 16 DAYS

ROC:  - NOA1: January 16, 2018; Case Received at Local Office: January 5, 2019;...

Citizenship:  - In Progress Estimated Completion Time: July 2020 (18 Months)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Our case was finally updated on ceac yesterday, it went to non immigrant ready then into AP. I am hoping this means that the next status update of issued is not long away. I did not realise the wait between being approved at my interview and getting my passport and visa would be so stressful. Maybe its because I feel stuck here without having my passport to hand, any one else felt the same?

Picked up my passport at 8am this morning! And just literally booked our son and I's flight :)

Leaving October 26th! So excited! Thanks to all the VJ family for helping me get this far and not losing my mind. After the Texas nightmare and so much uncertainty I can now rest easy, a bit until AOS ? and get ready for life in Georgia.

Thanks guys ? ?

Congratulations, exciting news!!!

Our case was finally updated on ceac yesterday, it went to non immigrant ready then into AP. I am hoping this means that the next status update of issued is not long away. I did not realise the wait between being approved at my interview and getting my passport and visa would be so stressful. Maybe its because I feel stuck here without having my passport to hand, any one else felt the same?

Did the embassy ever respond to your email or did you just see the change in your status yesterday?

Congrats by the way!!!

Edited by Sunya and Tim

Timeline

Did the embassy ever respond to your email or did you just see the change in your status yesterday?

Congrats by the way!!!

No, I still haven't received a response to the email I sent through their contact form. It is incredibly frustrating not being able to speak to anyone. I really hope I get my visa and passport back next week, this waiting is so stressful.

No, I still haven't received a response to the email I sent through their contact form. It is incredibly frustrating not being able to speak to anyone. I really hope I get my visa and passport back next week, this waiting is so stressful.

I understand the stress. I was wondering because once they had all of our information and realized there was a problem, we never heard back from them. We only saw action by receiving the interview letter that we had been waiting for. Now that you have seen a change in status, I am wondering if you will hear anything back.

Thanks for the response, it just left me wondering. :-)

Timeline

I understand the stress. I was wondering because once they had all of our information and realized there was a problem, we never heard back from them. We only saw action by receiving the interview letter that we had been waiting for. Now that you have seen a change in status, I am wondering if you will hear anything back.

Thanks for the response, it just left me wondering. :-)

I just don't understand what the hold up has been. I was approved at the interview on the 17th September and the lady said I would receive my passport and visa back within 5 working days and here I am over 2 weeks later still waiting. It is so hard, plus it is not made easier knowing my intended date to travel is coming up quickly. I feel like I am living in a state of limbo!

I sent the embassy an email last Monday and I got the auto response of we will reply within 5 working days, its just frustrating not being able to speak to anyone who can help.

Up and waiting for the taxi (Cab) to take me to the airport ! :D

Thanks once again to everyone in VJ,

May your processing be speedy and the whole journey memorable for the right reasons

I'll post a report after POE :D

Received my passport and humongous white envelope yesterday morning. Flights booked for Wednesday!

Naturalization Timeline

N-400 app submitted/received: August 22, 2020

Biometric reuse notification: October 22, 2020

Interview Scheduled: November 5, 2020

Interview Date: December 7, 2020 - SUCCESS!

Oath Ceremony mistakenly scheduled (then descheduled!): December 8, 2020

Oath Ceremony Scheduled: December 9, 2020

Scheduled Oath Ceremony: January 8, 2021

ROC Timeline

I-797/NOA 1: January 12, 2018

Biometrics appointment: February 22, 2018

18-month I-797: August 10 2018

AOS Timeline

NOA 1 for I-485 and I-765: November 9, 2015

Biometrics appointment: December 2, 2015

RFE for I-485: December 3, 2015

EAD card and approval notice received: February 16, 2016

2-year conditional Green Card received: March 26, 2016

K-1 Timeline
NOA 1: December 8, 2014
NOA 2: June, 2015

Packet 3 received: July, 2015
Medical: August 12, 2015
Packet 4 received: September 23, 2015
Interview: September 25, 2015
Visa received: October 2, 2015

I just don't understand what the hold up has been. I was approved at the interview on the 17th September and the lady said I would receive my passport and visa back within 5 working days and here I am over 2 weeks later still waiting. It is so hard, plus it is not made easier knowing my intended date to travel is coming up quickly. I feel like I am living in a state of limbo!

I sent the embassy an email last Monday and I got the auto response of we will reply within 5 working days, its just frustrating not being able to speak to anyone who can help.

I agree, not being able to speak with someone is frustrating. We felt the same when we were not getting an interview date. Best wishes on your travel and wedding!

My POE :)

Hi
Arrived at Newark at 12:50 local time, its the busiest Ive ever seen it, the queue went on for 40 mins
Arrive at the counter, the lady was lovely, she scanned my passport, only took finger prints from one hand. Then she asked me to open the big white envelope - I looked puzzled - she answered "its ok Ive asked you too and its in from on me", So I tore open the envelope and she removed its contents.
A few minutes later I was on my way to secondary interview, I was accompanied in the elevator but a friendly guy, he was making small talk.
So my paperwork got handed in, I was asked to take a seat, I waited for 10 minutes, then called - the only question I was asked, "When are you getting married?" With that I was wished good luck and left to go get my luggage and find my love :D

Hi em2198, that is strange having to wait that long, what does your CEAC status say. I can tell you went through the California centre, as the wait is so stressful for you, but to put things in perspective, Texas filers wait 6 months for NOA2, whereas I see California filers as little as 14 days! Us Texas filers know all about waiting.

Timeline

Hi em2198, that is strange having to wait that long, what does your CEAC status say. I can tell you went through the California centre, as the wait is so stressful for you, but to put things in perspective, Texas filers wait 6 months for NOA2, whereas I see California filers as little as 14 days! Us Texas filers know all about waiting.

I think it is strange as well, considering I was told I was approved and I would have my passport back in 5 working days. On ceac my status was updated on 1st October to non immigrant AP. I am just worried that something is wrong with my case as it is longer than they said and I have seen people who had their interviews after me have already got their passports back. It is getting close to the day I am meant to be flying, I really wish I could just get an answer from the embassy.

I know I was fortunate to have been sent to California, the wait at Texas seems very unfair. I see you have your NOA2 at last, do you have your medical booked?

Hi again, well thank you for acknowledging the unfair wait we Texas fliers have to suffer, we know all about waiting, to make matters worse for me, my packet 3 letter was sent to a complete stranger in London with a case number close to ours! So that's another 2 week delay! So on the bright side I had my medical on the 22nd September and everything complete by the 23rd, so I'm waiting for my interview date. How long did you wait for your interview letter after the medical? I really hope you get your visa and passport back soon, we all have to go through so much waiting and no updates on this process, It's not a great process is it? And by that I mean you can't even call up the Embassy to enquire, even sending my packet 3 to a stranger was not classed as an emergency, when I called, to me it was!

Edited by redstripe54

So I'm now at home in Marina Del Rey, California yippee

The POE was so simple, the guy at the desk said we would do everything at his booth

So he opened the envelope quick look through, did usual fingerprints, asked where will I be living? Said your good, welcome to the US

Told me my Green Card will take about 6 months, said I'm good to travel if I wish

Simples

Thank you VJ peeps you've been fab, to those still waiting, don't lose hope

Timeline

Hi again, well thank you for acknowledging the unfair wait we Texas fliers have to suffer, we know all about waiting, to make matters worse for me, my packet 3 letter was sent to a complete stranger in London with a case number close to ours! So that's another 2 week delay! So on the bright side I had my medical on the 22nd September and everything complete by the 23rd, so I'm waiting for my interview date. How long did you wait for your interview letter after the medical? I really hope you get your visa and passport back soon, we all have to go through so much waiting and no updates on this process, It's not a great process is it? And by that I mean you can't even call up the Embassy to enquire, even sending my packet 3 to a stranger was not classed as an emergency, when I called, to me it was!

Hi, I had my medical on the 5th August and received my letter for my interview on the 28th August, that was scheduled for the 17th September. Hopefully you will receive your interview date shortly. I cant believe sending your packet 3 to the wrong person wasn't taken seriously. The waiting and feeling so helpless is so stressful. Still no further updates just sat in AP right now, my travel day is creeping closer and I feel like I am in limbo. Just wish I could speak to someone!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.