omardagame123

K1 Visa Status says Ready

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey guys. My fiancee was given the 221(g) form and asked to provide a new affidavit of support for joint sponsor. We did but got refused the K1 visa last year in the summer because my joint sponsors income wasn't enough (even though it was). I ended up getting a lawyer involved and all of a sudden they said our joint sponsors income is enough and that my fiancee needs to send her passport, a new medical and letter of intent. She did all that the 2nd week of December and the Consulate confirmed receipt of the documents on 12/19/2014. The case status has been Administrative Processing since then but recently on 01/22/2015, it updated to Ready. I just wanted to know if anyone knew what that meant? It says the case is ready to schedule an interview even though she already had one last year March.

Hey guys. My fiancee was given the 221(g) form and asked to provide a new affidavit of support for joint sponsor. We did but got refused the K1 visa last year in the summer because my joint sponsors income wasn't enough (even though it was). I ended up getting a lawyer involved and all of a sudden they said our joint sponsors income is enough and that my fiancee needs to send her passport, a new medical and letter of intent. She did all that the 2nd week of December and the Consulate confirmed receipt of the documents on 12/19/2014. The case status has been Administrative Processing since then but recently on 01/22/2015, it updated to Ready. I just wanted to know if anyone knew what that meant? It says the case is ready to schedule an interview even though she already had one last year March.

Confused. Is this your original file or did you refile? It's hard for me to believe an interview could've been March 2014 & the same K-1 still be in play.

ROC Timeline!

Service Center : California Service Center

NOA2017-09-01

Biometrics : 2017-09-28

ROC Approved 2019-01-17

AOS Timeline!

Marriage : 2015-01-10

AOS/EAD/AP NOA : 2015-01-20

Biometrics : 2015-02-17

EAD/AP Approved : 2015-03-17

NPIW : 2015-06-11

AOS Approved : 2015-11-24

K-1 Visa Timeline!

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : Frankfurt, Germany

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-03-11

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-08-12

Consulate Received : 2014-09-15

Interview Date : 2014-11-13

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2014-11-15

US Entry : 2014-12-31

Timeline

Confused. Is this your original file or did you refile? It's hard for me to believe an interview could've been March 2014 & the same K-1 still be in play.

It's original file. She had her interview March 2014. Originally we used my mother as joint sponsor because I wasnt working at the time. Unfornately they told her my mothers income wasnt enough and gave her the 221g form. They told her to find another joint sponsor and that she has up to a year to do so. We got another sponsor (best friend) and mailed it out roughly in May. This time they refused us for the same reason which was word because he made roughly $10k over the poverty guidelines. We got a lawyer involved and in November 2014, the Consulate told us that my friends income was enough. So they asked for her to send her passport, new medical and letter of intent which we did in December 2014. Since then, we have been waiting.

Hi

:huh2:

ROC Timeline!

Service Center : California Service Center

NOA2017-09-01

Biometrics : 2017-09-28

ROC Approved 2019-01-17

AOS Timeline!

Marriage : 2015-01-10

AOS/EAD/AP NOA : 2015-01-20

Biometrics : 2015-02-17

EAD/AP Approved : 2015-03-17

NPIW : 2015-06-11

AOS Approved : 2015-11-24

K-1 Visa Timeline!

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : Frankfurt, Germany

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-03-11

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-08-12

Consulate Received : 2014-09-15

Interview Date : 2014-11-13

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2014-11-15

US Entry : 2014-12-31

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Sorry I didn't know how to follow other than leaving a message I want my partner to see this later we just got refused today but I need her to see that there's still hope!

I'm glad you got a "ready" it sound good! Better than "refused". Cheers Darren

Timeline

It mean her visa is ready for pick up.. Since she already has her interview.

How will we know for sure though? We havent received an email or anything from the Consulate.

Timeline

You need to call the embassy. I'm sure that your visa is ready because she done with the interview.

We cant. They arent taking calls for K1 visa cases. We have been emailing them but they take a long time to reply. Last time it took them 2 weeks to reply to an email I sent.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Cases placed in AP can be there for an indefinite period of time.

Sorry I didn't know how to follow other than leaving a message I want my partner to see this later we just got refused today but I need her to see that there's still hope!

I'm glad you got a "ready" it sound good! Better than "refused". Cheers Darren

You can click 'Follow this topic' to the right of the post title.

How will we know for sure though? We havent received an email or anything from the Consulate.

You need to follow the consulate's instructions and provide what they are now asking for.

http://montreal.usconsulate.gov/visas/visas/immigrant-visas/visa-adjudication/if-a-visa-is-refused.html

You may send requested information to the U.S. Consulate General in Montreal using courier services that are offered at no extra cost for the applicant. Please visit the U.S. Visa Service website and follow instructions for "IV Applicant Needing to Register for DHL" and "Sending Document to the Consular Section".

~ Moved from K-1 Process to Waivers and Administrative Processes - topic is about being in AP ~

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

Cases placed in AP can be there for an indefinite period of time.

You can click 'Follow this topic' to the right of the post title.

You need to follow the consulate's instructions and provide what they are now asking for.

http://montreal.usconsulate.gov/visas/visas/immigrant-visas/visa-adjudication/if-a-visa-is-refused.html

~ Moved from K-1 Process to Waivers and Administrative Processes - topic is about being in AP ~

I already did that. We mailed the necessary documents and they confirmed receipt of it on 12/19/2014. The status of our case was "Administrative Processing" during that time. It just recently updated to "Ready" so I wanted to know what that meant.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

It is possible they would want another interview. However, they had you send in the passport instead of waiting to bring it to an interview, so I am guessing the Ready status is just they received everything required and it is Ready for processing. You would need to hear from the consulate to be sure though.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

It means that they are finish with your case, they are done reviewing and making a decision and the visa is ready to be issue , if they have her passport they will send it with the visa ( that's if you guys already paid for the delivery) or they might send her instruction on how to pick up the package .

Congratulation. :dancing:

Timeline

It means that they are finish with your case, they are done reviewing and making a decision and the visa is ready to be issue , if they have her passport they will send it with the visa ( that's if you guys already paid for the delivery) or they might send her instruction on how to pick up the package .

Congratulation. :dancing:

Thanks, Hopefully thats what that means. We're hoping she gets a letter in the mail this week to verify this.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.