feeling_hopeful

2015 Dominican K1 Filers - check in here! Post your progress for future filers! New Process thread!

105 posts in this topic

My interview been approved on 3/10 and my fiance picked up his visa today (3/13)!! Thanks to all for the help, i would have never done it on my own. This is my second k-1,im 7 yrs older then my fiance and i recently divorce....those are potential red flags in D.R. and it's been smooth for me. Keep your head up and stay positive. It really ain't as bad as we think. Every case is different. God be with you all!!

That was fast! Congrats!

The total amount of days from the date I mailed in our K1 Visa application to the day my fiancé stepped foot into the USA:

1 year, 3 months and 8 days.

The amount of days from the date we mailed in our AOS to the date everything was approved (after 3 RFEs):

7 months & 5 days

Which makes our journey a total of:

2 years, 3 months, and 8 days

(L)"I remember the days I prayed for everything I have now." (L)

That was fast! Congrats!

ence they should open up dates very soon. When I originally scheduled the interview it was for April 20 but for me that was too far away. I checked everyday and on the third day of me checking March 3 was available. This was on February 27 which meant I had only FOUR days to have my fiancé do his medical, the VAC, and the interview! We got everything done so it is possible! So when the dates open up again make sure you check each day if you want to get an earlier appointment.

Also, I checked the online list of appointments http://santodomingo.usembassy.gov/mobile//scheduled_appointments.htmland you can see that there are some numbers that are repeated multiple times for the same day. I am thinking maybe they are trying to fix this before they open up the appointments again because this could be causing it to seem like there aren't any appointments when in fact there are its just occupied by one case number.

Please notify us when u get the visa on hand I'm hoping it doesn't take more then 2 weeks I have our interview next month n I'm only going to b with my fiance for 2weeks want him to fly back together

Please notify us when u get the visa on hand I'm hoping it doesn't take more then 2 weeks I have our interview next month n I'm only going to b with my fiance for 2weeks want him to fly back together

I will! :)

The total amount of days from the date I mailed in our K1 Visa application to the day my fiancé stepped foot into the USA:

The amount of days from the date we mailed in our AOS to the date everything was approved (after 3 RFEs):

7 months & 5 days

Another blogger just notified me that her visa was issued today. Her interview was Just this past Tuesday! Only 3 days!!!!!

Hi everyone!!! We received our NOA2 last night!!!! Super excited but now we need to get ready for the next steps.

So next step is NVC. How many days should we wait to start calling to get the CASE NUMBER?

Also, what else should we be doing?

Hi everyone!!! We received our NOA2 last night!!!! Super excited but now we need to get ready for the next steps.

So next step is NVC. How many days should we wait to start calling to get the CASE NUMBER?

Also, what else should we be doing?

Read this thread from Page 1, your questions have already been asked and answered.

7 months & 5 days

Hi everyone OK have a question my fiance had an appointment to the ofc yesterday they make him go today to pick up the papers and tell him his not in the system they make him schedule the appointment again for tommorrow which also cause to have our interview cancel my question is is it this difficult to when he goes to get his fingerprints done are they supposed to give him a receipt or something showing he did go or is the process that way?? That way I have him prepared or tell him what to look for

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone! I recently got my NOA 2 and am not waiting for the next step =). I really hope all our partners are here soon =)

Edited by Elilince21

Hey guys. Its Been a while but all I have to say is game, set, match and to my beautiful fiancé, bienvenido tu futuro. Our interview and approval happened today. Such a relief. She should be here in a few weeks. If you guys have any questions, I'll be posting a summary of my experiences tomorrow

Peace love and don't lose the faith!!!

Congratulationssssss :)

Hey guys. Its Been a while but all I have to say is game, set, match and to my beautiful fiancé, bienvenido tu futuro. Our interview and approval happened today. Such a relief. She should be here in a few weeks. If you guys have any questions, I'll be posting a summary of my experiences tomorrow

Congrats!! I was approved on 4/16 as well!! We made it through. But, I'm still waiting for the visa issued. I've been in Admin processing since last Friday and no change since then. Praying things move along fast for you!

:-)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.