Lukus

After scheduling a date with the US Embassy, can we change date date???

33 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

ok but we should not wait a week or two before the scheduled interview?

Will the US Embassy set up the Medical Interview or do we just show up, with paper work a week before?

OMG TY Again

You need to read the guide in the link below, everything is there. There is a section for the , USEM, medical, CFO etc.

You could reschedule the interview the day before if need be.

Medical is a first come, first served.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Hank, does that mean you can reschedule twice after the original interview date before penalty? We have rescheduled once so far (due to sputum test).

This is from the embassy website:

You will get a warning if you go to cancel your second appointment that you will have to pay a new visa fee. Plus there will be a 90 waiting period before being allowed to schedule a 3rd interview.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

ok..this answered my question: "...Applicants are only allowed to reschedule twice (not including the initial appointment) without penalty.

Timeline

I just received the NOA 3, I think this is what it is. It is something from the NVC with Fiancee name and Bar Code on the paper. I hope I can use this for the information HK is requesting.

OUR JOURNEY

15th Day of September 2014 - Robert Brown excepted our case to help us

28th Day of October 2014 - Katie from Attorney Robert Brown LLC submitted i129f to USCIS

03rd Day of November 2014 - USCIS Received i129f packet

12th Day of November 2014 - Katie emailed me with the hard copy of the NOA 1

13th Day of November 2014 - We received hard copy of NOA 1 Notice Date read 05 November 2014

03rd Day of December 2014 - I spoke with Agent S53887 from USCIS Military Line and they submitted an additional Expedite request via their computer

06th Day of December 2014 - Received an email from USCIS Case Status requesting additional items for Expedite

08th Day of December 2014 - Received an email from NCSC, TSC stated request is under review

09th Day of December 2014 - Received an email from USCIS that expedite was approved, (NOA 2) and we shall receive information from NVC before the 9th of January 2014

16th Day of December 2014 - Received hard copy of NOA 2

18th Day of December 2014 - Received an email from USCIS stating our case was forward to the State Department for Visa Processing

07th Day of January 2015 - Called NVC and NVC stated the packet was sent to US Embassy on the 02nd of January 2015, and NVC gave me a MNL number and invoice number

13th Day of January 2015 - Received letter from U.S. Department of State. Stating the NVC received the approved I-129F. We will use for the HK Police Certificate

15th Day of January 2015 - Fiancee paid for the K-1 and two K-2 Visa Interviews, we are waiting to make appointment for the interview

10th Day of March 2015 - Had to have Psychologist Interview, (Psychologist was very rude)

18th Day of April 2015 - Kids and Fiance had Medical in Saint Luke's

11th Day of May 2015 - Everyone had the Interview in the US Embassy, (very difficult the Interviewer was very rude)

15th Day of May 2015 - Katie Russell from Robert Browns LLC sent out CRBA packet for our son

​18th Day of May 2015 - Consular's Office email us and told us we have an interview for our son's CRBA, US Passport in July 2015

19th Day of July 2015 - We got the Philippines Passport, (Fiance and the 2 Kids) with a USA Visa attached to the page and few envelopes that stated DO NOT OPEN!

23rd Day of July 2015 - Our Son received his USA Passport and CRBA Certificate

9th Day of August 2015 - Flights to America!!!!!!!!!

Timeline

I just received the NOA 3, I think this is what it is. It is something from the NVC with Fiancee name and Bar Code on the paper. I hope I can use this for the information HK is requesting.

Nope, there is not an NOA3... :lol:

What you need to do with the letter from NVC is scan it and email a copy to your fiancee, she will need 3 copies for St. Lukes to do the medical.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Nope, there is not an NOA3... :lol:

What you need to do with the letter from NVC is scan it and email a copy to your fiancee, she will need 3 copies for St. Lukes to do the medical.

LoL,

It is a letter from the State Department.

January 5, 2015
Dear XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX:
The National Visa Center (NVC) received your fiance( e)'s approved I-129F petition from U.S.
Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). The NVC will now forward the petition to the U.S.
Embassy or Consulate in MANILA. Please note that the transfer process can take several weeks. The U.S.
Embassy or Consulate will contact your fiance( e) when they are ready to process his or her petition.
Next steps:
Go to our website http://nvc.state.gov/klto learn how to apply for a K visa and prepare for the visa
Please keep the following information for your records:
Case Number. .................. . .......... MNLXXXXXXXXXX
US CIS Receipt Number .......... . ...... SRC XXXXXXXXXX
Principal Applicant ............ . . . . .. .... XXXXXXXXXX
Petitioner .................... .. .. .. ........ XXXXXXXXXX
Interview Location ........ .. ....... . .. ... MANILA
Sincerely,
U.S. Department ofState
Bureau of Consular Affairs
U.S. EMBASSY
1201 ROXAS BOULEY ARD
MANILA
PHILIPPINES

OUR JOURNEY

28th Day of October 2014 - Katie from Attorney Robert Brown LLC submitted i129f to USCIS

13th Day of November 2014 - We received hard copy of NOA 1 Notice Date read 05 November 2014

03rd Day of December 2014 - I spoke with Agent S53887 from USCIS Military Line and they submitted an additional Expedite request via their computer

06th Day of December 2014 - Received an email from USCIS Case Status requesting additional items for Expedite

08th Day of December 2014 - Received an email from NCSC, TSC stated request is under review

09th Day of December 2014 - Received an email from USCIS that expedite was approved, (NOA 2) and we shall receive information from NVC before the 9th of January 2014

18th Day of December 2014 - Received an email from USCIS stating our case was forward to the State Department for Visa Processing

07th Day of January 2015 - Called NVC and NVC stated the packet was sent to US Embassy on the 02nd of January 2015, and NVC gave me a MNL number and invoice number

13th Day of January 2015 - Received letter from U.S. Department of State. Stating the NVC received the approved I-129F. We will use for the HK Police Certificate

15th Day of January 2015 - Fiancee paid for the K-1 and two K-2 Visa Interviews, we are waiting to make appointment for the interview

10th Day of March 2015 - Had to have Psychologist Interview, (Psychologist was very rude)

11th Day of May 2015 - Everyone had the Interview in the US Embassy, (very difficult the Interviewer was very rude)

15th Day of May 2015 - Katie Russell from Robert Browns LLC sent out CRBA packet for our son

​18th Day of May 2015 - Consular's Office email us and told us we have an interview for our son's CRBA, US Passport in July 2015

19th Day of July 2015 - We got the Philippines Passport, (Fiance and the 2 Kids) with a USA Visa attached to the page and few envelopes that stated DO NOT OPEN!

Timeline

LoL,

It is a letter from the State Department.

January 5, 2015
Dear XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX:
The National Visa Center (NVC) received your fiance( e)'s approved I-129F petition from U.S.
Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). The NVC will now forward the petition to the U.S.
Embassy or Consulate in MANILA. Please note that the transfer process can take several weeks. The U.S.
Embassy or Consulate will contact your fiance( e) when they are ready to process his or her petition.
Next steps:
Go to our website http://nvc.state.gov/klto learn how to apply for a K visa and prepare for the visa
Please keep the following information for your records:
Case Number. .................. . .......... MNLXXXXXXXXXX
US CIS Receipt Number .......... . ...... SRC XXXXXXXXXX
Principal Applicant ............ . . . . .. .... XXXXXXXXXX
Petitioner .................... .. .. .. ........ XXXXXXXXXX
Interview Location ........ .. ....... . .. ... MANILA
Sincerely,
U.S. Department ofState
Bureau of Consular Affairs
U.S. EMBASSY
1201 ROXAS BOULEY ARD
MANILA
PHILIPPINES

Scan it and email a copy to your fiancee. All is good!! :thumbs:

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Scan it and email a copy to your fiancee. All is good!! :thumbs:

Sorry to ask u,

You think it maybe good to send to Hong Kong for the Police Cert?

OUR JOURNEY

Timeline

Sorry to ask u,

You think it maybe good to send to Hong Kong for the Police Cert?

The embassy has a letter for getting the police certificate, you need to request that. Not sure sending a copy of the NVC letter will get it done for HK.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

The embassy has a letter for getting the police certificate, you need to request that. Not sure sending a copy of the NVC letter will get it done for HK.

Thanks Hank,

I did send an email to request the letter. I also used my Military email address hopefully it will help also. It has been 2 days since I did send this email out.

OUR JOURNEY

Timeline

Did you follow the format they require? Expect about a week for a reply according to their website.

For other immigrant and K visa concerns, please send an e-mail to [/background]IVManilaReplies@state.gov

To enable us to electronically sort the messages and provide better, more timely responses, you should follow the instructions below.

The subject line of your email should indicate the visa applicant’s last name, first and middle name (ex. DOE, John James), case number/USCIS receipt number, visa category and priority date.

Messages should be limited to 500 characters or less.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Thanks Hank,

I did send an email to request the letter. I also used my Military email address hopefully it will help also. It has been 2 days since I did send this email out.

There is a good write up about another VJ'r who walks you through the steps that the took. Very detailed.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/420435-hong-kong-police-clearance-problem/>

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline

Did you follow the format they require? Expect about a week for a reply according to their website.

For other immigrant and K visa concerns, please send an e-mail to [/background]IVManilaReplies@state.gov

To enable us to electronically sort the messages and provide better, more timely responses, you should follow the instructions below.

The subject line of your email should indicate the visa applicant’s last name, first and middle name (ex. DOE, John James), case number/USCIS receipt number, visa category and priority date.

Messages should be limited to 500 characters or less.

Yes I did do it as they required. I hope to hear something soon.

OUR JOURNEY

Timeline

There is a good write up about another VJ'r who walks you through the steps that the took. Very detailed.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/420435-hong-kong-police-clearance-problem/>

greenbaum,

Yes I read that also. We did call hong kong police regarding this and they did state it was ok to send with friend. We also, gave a letter wrote up by an attorney and it was notarized. giving my fiancee friend the power in my fiancee behalf.

OMG I hope that will work. The post link I read was the same one, and it was posted in 2013. I did notice during this process, things change so fast. I hope this will work.

TY

OUR JOURNEY

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.