Chuksteddylove

Made a Terrible mistake

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi all! i want to ask this question, I searched all over the internet for an answer but couldn't find any so I decided to post a topic.

I tried to book my appointment while I was at work in the office today, unfortunately I got distracted ( huge mistake) and did not cross check the DS-160 confirmation number I have on my screen. I had no idea that it is the confirmation number I used for my F-1 visa 3 years ago. I did not realize this until I printed the interview appointment confirmation page.

Is there anyway I can withdraw the appointment and re-submit the correct DS-160 for K-1 without canceling the appointment which will cause me to pay the mrv fee again. Can I reschedule the appointment with an option to edit my data (enter the right number) and then book appointment. Any help please?

cMqwm5.png

Timeline

As far as I know you can cancel appoitment and submit new I-160, but if possible, check with embassy.

Oh that sounds so good to my ears! I already emailed the consulate, hopefully they will reply after the holiday. Thank you

As far as I know you can cancel appoitment and submit new I-160, but if possible, check with embassy.

Oh that sounds so good to my ears! I already emailed the consulate, hopefully they will reply after the holiday. Thank you

cMqwm5.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Now, U filled in new DS 160 then submit again, then u sent new DS 160 to your Embassy. And bring your new DS 160 to your interview date.

2014/04/19: Sent I-129F Packet.

2014/04/21: USCIS received

2014/04/23: NOA1 received

2014/10/15 : got approval (NOA2)

2014/11/12: got case number through phone to NVC

2014/11/18 : case ready in VN.

2014/11/20: submit DS 160.

2014/11/21 : pay for visa fee.

2014/11/21: account active for booking.

2015/01/14 : INTERVIEW - APPROVED

Timeline

That happened to me and here is what I had to do for my fiancee:

1. Email support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com or get on chat with them ( I find that chat works fastest and best)

2. They will repsond - By chat almost instantly, by email it takes a day or so - but more than likely you will have to cancel your current appointment. Once you cancel, try and go back into your profile and see if there is a place for you to update to the new DS-160 number. If not, then US Travel Docs Nigeria team will have to change it for you. Do not proceed with rebooking unless you are able to change your DS-160 on your own (I lost a visa fee with that mistake).

If they have to change it, then you will have to email a copy of the new DS-160 confirmation as well as your passport data page for them to remove the old DS-160 number and replace with the new. That takes about 24-72 hours. Once they have fixed it then they will email you to let you know. If you have not cancelled and rebooked under the current fee then you will be able to book again (there is a max of 2 appointments slots per visa fee).

I hope this helps you!

God Bless

Remember: Effective Dec.1, 2014 if your appointment confirmation and your DS-160 confirmation numbers do not match they may turn you away so hurry and get it fixed. The Embassy from what I was told can't change the DS-160 on their side.

Edited by InHisWill

Timeline

That happened to me and here is what I had to do for my fiancee:

1. Email support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com or get on chat with them ( I find that chat works fastest and best)

2. They will repsond - By chat almost instantly, by email it takes a day or so - but more than likely you will have to cancel your current appointment. Once you cancel, try and go back into your profile and see if there is a place for you to update to the new DS-160 number. If not, then US Travel Docs Nigeria team will have to change it for you. Do not proceed with rebooking unless you are able to change your DS-160 on your own (I lost a visa fee with that mistake).

If they have to change it, then you will have to email a copy of the new DS-160 confirmation as well as your passport data page for them to remove the old DS-160 number and replace with the new. That takes about 24-72 hours. Once they have fixed it then they will email you to let you know. If you have not cancelled and rebooked under the current fee then you will be able to book again (there is a max of 2 appointments slots per visa fee).

I hope this helps you!

God Bless

Remember: Effective Dec.1, 2014 if your appointment confirmation and your DS-160 confirmation numbers do not match they may turn you away so hurry and get it fixed. The Embassy from what I was told can't change the DS-160 on their side.

Thank you for your response. I did lose the receipt and had to make another payment. :( I made them (call service front desk) modify the ds-160 number from their end before I made another application. I called multiple times and one of the agents who took my call insisted that I could only change it myself on the Step 5 although I kept telling him that there was no option to modify it from my own end. I tried again and the receipt # got invalid, however as much as I can count my losses, I am still grateful that I got it corrected, another agent fixed it for me. He explained that I was unable to change it because of the visa category. He fixed it and I was able to schedule an appointment.

The VO on Nairaland assured me to come with my appointment bearing the wrong ds-160 # like that on my interview day, that they can help me correct it at the gate. But on a second thought I could not bank on that as there was no form of ID or email from her that I can show at the gate. I could not take chances.

Note to all! Please stay away from every form of distraction when scheduling an appointment, verify every figure before you submit any document so as not to experience what happened to me. I lost a lot of money due to the terrible mistake.

cMqwm5.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.