Rjf13d

Visitor visa for a girlfriend

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Poland
Timeline

I know this concept is always unsuccessful, but I would like some advice. Two years ago I met girlfriend in London (she is polish), and she was denied a visa at the embassy in warsaw in October of 2013. I have visited Europe 4 times since then and have been with her a lot. In 2 months she is going to try and get a visa again, and I was wondering if anyone had advice. Details: she is a registered student and wasn't the student last time she went to the embassy. She will be honest with them; we don't have any plans of marriage for now or the future and are simply both college students (21 years old) who want to spend time over the summer (two weeks or 3). She graduate in spring of 2016 and I graduate in 2017. I really just want her to come visit, my mom filled out some form that says she is responsible for her during her stay. Please leave advice and I know this game, I know it's impossible, but I feel the best approach is to be honest. She has visited over 10 countries and I have been to Europe to see her and left 5 times! How can an officer really believe that I am trying to bring her here? I am tired of flying to the Eu lol.

Can she demonstrate strong ties to her home country such as a job (letter from employer) and a rent agreement/mortgage?

Immigration Timeline

June 2013: Met whilst working at a summer camp in Michigan 

K1

November 1st 2014: I-129f submitted for K1 visa

February 24th 2015: Visa in hand!

February 26th 2015: POE at Las Vegas airport, then onwards to Oregon! 

March 6th 2015: Marriage (with a "real" wedding to follow next year on 7/6/2016)

March 9th 2015: AOS, EAD & AP submitted

September 22nd 2015: Interview

January 14th 2016: Two year Green card received -phew!

ROC

August 8th 2017: 90 day window begins! ROC time!

September 28th 2017: Biometric Appointment in Portland, OR

March 5th 2018: Case received by local office

August 18th 2018: 18 month extension letter mailed

December 2018: Case moved to another office

February 2019: I was emailed that I was approved and my card was in production the same day of my N400 interview 😂

N400

August 8th 2018: Window opens to submit naturalization application

August 13th 2018: N400 Application submitted online 

August 14th 2018: NOA1

September 6th 2018: Biometrics

February 6th 2019: Interview Date! APPROVED!

February 6th 2019: I was asked to return later the same day for my Oath Ceremony! :dance:

❤️ Our Visa Journey is finally complete ❤️

I am the Beneficiary

Timeline

Can she demonstrate strong ties to her home country such as a job (letter from employer) and a rent agreement/mortgage?

The strong ties she has is her college. She does some part time work for a cantering company. Her parents also earn decent money and support her, and she may have an internship offer in Dublin, Ireland. Do you think she should bring the form my mother filled out? It just says my mothers income (300k) and that she can afford to have her for a 2 week vacation, it's like acting as her sponsor.

I really think the ties to home are the most important factor in getting a tourist visa approved, but financial support demonstrates she won't try and illegally work so that should help too.

Immigration Timeline

K1

March 6th 2015: Marriage (with a "real" wedding to follow next year on 7/6/2016)

ROC

February 2019: I was emailed that I was approved and my card was in production the same day of my N400 interview 😂

N400

February 6th 2019: I was asked to return later the same day for my Oath Ceremony! :dance:

I am the Beneficiary

Timeline

I really think the ties to home are the most important factor in getting a tourist visa approved, but financial support demonstrates she won't try and illegally work so that should help too.

I will hope that telling the truth will end in a good result. I just want them to issue a visa for the summer only just to prove to them she is coming back! I also hope that being a student helps because she has to finish her business program which doesn't end until 2016.

Yes a letter from her university confirming this should help also. This is what I used for my J1 visas.

Immigration Timeline

K1

ROC

N400

I am the Beneficiary

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hello, I have a friend in ur exact same situation. Would a letter from the american Boyfriend help?

If he could send a letter as "guarantor" I know that is used in other kind of visas, but cant not find anything about it, so thats why i am asking

Visa K1

Vermont Service Center

Consulate :Argentina

I-129F Sent : 2011-08-12

I-129F NOA1 : 2011-08-16

Interview Date : 2012-02-02

Visa Received : 2012-02-15

Estimates/Stats :

My I-129f was approved in 120 days from your NOA1 date.

My interview took 170 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS:

CIS Office : Syracuse NY

Date Filed : 2012-03-20 (Lock-box Chicago)

USCIS received : 2012-03-22

NOA1 email: 2012-04-02

Check Cashed: 2012-04-03

NOA in hand: 2012-04-09

Biometrics: 2012-04-20

EAD & AP Approved 2012-05-16

AOS interview 2012-07-30 APPROVED

GC Prod. order 2012-08-10

Green card touched 2012-08-15!!!!

ROC:

Vermont Service Center

Date sent : 2014-05-09

Vmnt received : 2014-05-12

Check Cashed: 2014-05-15

Children NOA received: 2014-05-16

My NOA received 2014-05-29

Biometric Current

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Hello, I have a friend in ur exact same situation. Would a letter from the american Boyfriend help?

If he could send a letter as "guarantor" I know that is used in other kind of visas, but cant not find anything about it, so thats why i am asking

An American boyfriend is a tie to the U.S., and not evidence she would return home. A letter would not help show why she would return home.

No one can guarantee a visitor visa. You will find this info on many visitor visa pages for the various US embassies.

There is nothing he can do to help his girlfriend with a visitor visa.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline

It's been my experience Pheebs is correct, one must show very strong ties in order to get a 10 year visa from Poland. A letter from his mother or for her boyfriend for that matter isn't going to help; in fact a letter from a boyfriend could actually hurt her chances. It would give them a reason for denial based the fact that she is a single female coming to the US. She has to show very strong ties for coming back to Poland. They are very selective sometimes when comes to issuing visas with single females being the least desirable category. We have had friends with excellent ties get denied. But I have seen other people post on this forum that they were able to a visa. All that you can do is apply, make sure that you have really good documentation and take your chances.

I hope that you are successful, good luck.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline

I will hope that telling the truth will end in a good result. I just want them to issue a visa for the summer only just to prove to them she is coming back! I also hope that being a student helps because she has to finish her business program which doesn't end until 2016.

A B1/B2 tourist visas from Poland are good for 10 year period usually allowing for a stay for a max. of 90 days.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

She will have to prove to the satisfaction of the US consular official at the interviewing US embassy/consulate, that she has significant ties to Poland such that she would return to Poland after her US visit is completed. Such ties could include, property, house ownership, current stable employment, etc. Each visitor visa applicant is presumed to have immigration intent, and must prove that they are not trying to immigrate to the US. A letter from a doctor, any documents from you, or any other invitation-type letter would likely have no positive effect on the visitor visa approval.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.