pbangale

can i attend training on B2 visa

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Somethings you can do on a B, something's require a work visa.

Usually a B is issued for both business and tourism.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

thanks for reply

i believe visa type B1/B2 is for both the purpose but my company is asking to apply for B2 visa which is for tourism purpose.

my worry is i will be going on project where i will stay for 2-3 months and come back and if needed then again travel to us.

with B2 type of visa is this type of work is illegal ??

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

In this case, your company should provide you with documentation so that you can support a request for a B1 visa. A B2 visa is for tourism and tourism alone. You can't use it to enter the US for business.

With a B1 visa you can travel to the US, with the purpose of conducting business for your [foreign] employer. You can use it to attend internal company training sessions and to do general businesses in the US, such as attending meetings, visiting job sites and any other activity covered by your title and position in your company.

If you apply for a B2 with the intent you describe below chances are you'll be denied the visa, or entry in the US if the consulate grants you the visa.

Your company is taking the easy way out.

thanks for reply

i believe visa type B1/B2 is for both the purpose but my company is asking to apply for B2 visa which is for tourism purpose.

my worry is i will be going on project where i will stay for 2-3 months and come back and if needed then again travel to us.

with B2 type of visa is this type of work is illegal ??

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

ditto

your company has to be involved, are they "really" sending you or do they want you to lie and commit fraud when asked what's the purpose of your visit to the US?

are they paying for everything? ticket, hotel, details of project, expenses, time you need to stay in the US? you will have to provide the evidence

the B2 is only for tourism purposes, you can get the combo B1/B2 if you want to do both or B1 just for the project

what type of project is it? will you need to stay for a few days, a couple of weeks, how long?

you cannot work on a tourist visa, that's fraud

ditto

your company has to be involved, are they "really" sending you or do they want you to lie and commit fraud when asked what's the purpose of your visit to the US?

are they paying for everything? ticket, hotel, details of project, expenses, time you need to stay in the US? you will have to provide the evidence

the B2 is only for tourism purposes, you can get the combo B1/B2 if you want to do both or B1 just for the project

what type of project is it? will you need to stay for a few days, a couple of weeks, how long?

you cannot work on a tourist visa, that's fraud

HI Aleful,

we are in software consulting an have ERP implementation there, yes company is taking all the expenses in US.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.