stevo

just get on plane as a tourist and stay

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

ok, probably a stupid question, but............can't someone from another country, ukraine, just get on a plane and come to the states as a tourist???

K-1 TIMELINE

engaged--------------------------------------dec 27, 06

i129f signed for by "m.salcedo" at t.s.c.---feb 09, 07

noa1 from c.s.c.------------------------------feb 16, 07

nao2------------------------------------------may 07, 07

mailed to nvc--------------------------------may 10, 07

rec'd at nvc----------------------------------may 14, 07

left nvc for kiev----------------------------- may 16, 07

rec'd kiev------------------------------------may 21, 07

interview-------------------------------------july 16, 07

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
ok, probably a stupid question, but............can't someone from another country, ukraine, just get on a plane and come to the states as a tourist???

Not without a visa and the consulate is very tight about approving B1/2 visas to Ukrainians.

YMMV

Filed: Timeline

Nothing to stop them coming here as a tourist as long as they have the visa to get in and they dont intend to stay....

Last time I checked the USA was still selling its self as a tourist destination...

Now if you are asking if someone can come here on a tourist visa and plan to remain then that would be visa fraud.... and will get you deported...

Kez

Timeline
Nothing to stop them coming here as a tourist as long as they have the visa to get in and they dont intend to stay....

Last time I checked the USA was still selling its self as a tourist destination...

Now if you are asking if someone can come here on a tourist visa and plan to remain then that would be visa fraud.... and will get you deported...

Kez

da, got it, thx-

K-1 TIMELINE

I am an American living in Ukraine.

There are a few ways that a Ukrainian can get a visa to come to the States... if they are in college, they can apply for a work and travel student visa.

If they are working and they need to go to the States for work, then I have seen them get visas.

But for the average Ukrainian, in order to get a visa, they have to show evidence that they will return. This generally means that they have to own property and be leaving an important family member behind (like a mother going to the States for a few weeks and leaving her children behind in Ukraine.) It is not easy for them at all to travel to most Western countries.

• Jan 2004 - Met Sergey in Kharkov Ukraine when I substituted for his English teacher
  • August 2006 - Sergey and I are reacquainted and begin dating
  • February 2007 - Sergey proposes
  • May 19 2007 - Sergey and I are married in Ukraine
  • Jan 16 2008 - Filed I-130 petition at Kyiv Embassy
  • Jan 31 2008 - I-130 Approved
  • Feb 18 2008 - Medical Appointment
  • Feb 21 2008 - Final Interview Date - Visa approved
  • Feb 25 2008 - Visa delivered!
  • April 24 2008 - Arrived in America
  • June 21 2008 - Our son is born (3 months early). We made it to America just in time!
  • Waiting to "Remove Conditions" in 2010

Removing Conditions

• Feb 17 2010 - Sent off I-751
  • Feb 22 2010 - Date of NOA1
  • Mar 26 2010 - Date of Bio
  • May 10 2010 - Approved
  • June 2 2010 - Received Card in the mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Sometimes a woman in the Ukraine will tell her American BF that for enough money she can pay off the right people and get a tourist VISA. Then he sends the money for the VISA and the airline ticket, and poof, she's gone! :o

Timeline

Sometimes a woman in the Ukraine will tell her American BF that for enough money she can pay off the right people and get a tourist VISA. Then he sends the money for the VISA and the airline ticket, and poof, she's gone! :o

yes, we know, and thank God this is not the case...

K-1 TIMELINE

Filed: IR-5 Country: Ukraine
Timeline

yes, we know, and thank God this is not the case...

My Understanding is that it is next to impossible, unless like what was said before it is for employment or school. That fact was a rude awakening for me when I first met my fiancee. I wanted her to "just fly on over and take a short vacation". It'll never happen. The "Matchmaker" for my fiancee and I is a Ukrainian, now a naturalized USC. It took him three (3) years to get a Visa for his father to visit, and four (4) years to get a Visa for his Mother to visit. They are VERY restrictive for Ukrainians entering this country. Very Sad.

IR-5

11/01/2011: I-130 Submitted

11/04/2012: I-130 NOA1

04/19/2012: I-130 NOA2

05/04/2012: NVC Received

05/27/2012: Received I-864/DS 3032 Package

05/28/2012: Pay I-864 Bill

05/29/2012: Submit DS 3032/I-864

06/05/2012: Receive IV Bill online

06/05/2012: IV Bill Paid

06/06/2012: Payment Accepted

06/07/2012: IV Packet Mailed (Additional documents sent next day on 06/08/2012)

08/28/2012: Interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.