kennydee

N-400 January 2015 Filers

1,431 posts in this topic

HELLO avverma,

I just filed for my N400 and my 2013 tax transcript is not ready yet so i had to file form 1040a with the irs because my employer naver gave me a w2. in this case i had to send uscis my 2013 tax returns not the transcript and i wrote a letter attached to it explaining why i have to file my taxes late and the transcript is not ready yet. do you think they will reject the forms or what happened to yours?

thank you

FILED UNDER THREE YEARS RULE (319A)

MAILED N400 - APRIL 17 2015

CHECK CASHED - APRIL 28 2015

RECEIVED NOA IN THE MAIL - MAY-01-2015 (PRIORITY DATE APRIL-23-2015) WHAT THE HECK THAT IS

NOA FOR BIOMETRICS RECEIVED MAY-15-2015 - APPOINTMENT MAY-29-2015 ( EARLY BIOMETRICS MAY-19-2015)

TESTING AND INTERVIEW - MAY-21-2015

INTERVIEW DATE- 07-24-2015 :goofy:

OATH CEREMONY MAILED ON- 08-03-2015 :goofy: :idea: :goofy: :idea: :idea:

OATH CEREMONY- 08-18-2015

I-130 JOURNEY FOR MOM

I-130 MAILED- MARCH-4-2016

I-130 NOA RECEIVED -MARCH 19-2016

I-130 APPROVED- APRIL-26-2016(WOW THAT WAS REALLY QUICK ANYWAY THANKS USCIS TEXAS) (L)

I-130 NOA2 RECEIVED IN MAIL-APRIL30-2016

I-130 SENT TO DEPARTMENT OF STATE - APRIL-29-2016

I-130 RECEIVED NVC-MAY-6-2016

l-130 CASE ASSIGNED- MAY 23-2016

I-130 PAYED AOS FEE- JUNE 1-2016 ($120)

Does anyone know how long it is taking for the New York office between the interview and the oath ceremony?

I filed on November 17, 2014

Biometrics December 8, 2014

Interview April 10, 2015 at Federal Plaza NYC -- Approved

I know New York is backlogged, but any idea what the waiting period is to get an oath ceremony letter?

Thanks in advance!

AV

HELLO avverma,

I just filed for my N400 and my 2013 tax transcript is not ready yet so i had to file form 1040a with the irs because my employer naver gave me a w2. in this case i had to send uscis my 2013 tax returns not the transcript and i wrote a letter attached to it explaining why i have to file my taxes late and the transcript is not ready yet. do you think they will reject the forms or what happened to yours?

thank you

RECEIVED NOA IN THE MAIL - MAY-01-2015 (PRIORITY DATE APRIL-23-2015) WHAT THE HECK THAT IS

NOA FOR BIOMETRICS RECEIVED MAY-15-2015 - APPOINTMENT MAY-29-2015 ( EARLY BIOMETRICS MAY-19-2015)

I-130 JOURNEY FOR MOM

I-130 APPROVED- APRIL-26-2016(WOW THAT WAS REALLY QUICK ANYWAY THANKS USCIS TEXAS) (L)

Hi all,

I'm have my interview tomorrow . I think I'm all set on the questions and have the following to bring along:

Passports (expired and present)

Green card

Interview letter

Marriage certificate (even though I'm doing this on 5yr rule not 3yr)

Anything else? I printed off a copy of my n400 application a while back and was going to look thru it to see my answers\freshen my memory but I can't find it. How detailed do they go in this?

Lastly, do they approve on spot or is it always thru a decision letter?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

HELLO avverma,

thank you

I would make sure that you take your tax account transcript (not tax return transcript) for the previous 3-5 years. If you don't have it for 2013 then I would at least take any proof of tax payment (canceled check from IRS or bank transfer or refund) that shoes that you have no money owed to the IRS. I ended up taking bank statements from the last 3 years with proof of payment because my tax transcripts were not accurate. Good luck.

I would make sure that you take your tax account transcript (not tax return transcript) for the previous 3-5 years. If you don't have it for 2013 then I would at least take any proof of tax payment (canceled check from IRS or bank transfer or refund) that shoes that you have no money owed to the IRS. I ended up taking bank statements from the last 3 years with proof of payment because my tax transcripts were not accurate. Good luck.

Ok thank you very much. I already mailed the forms in last Friday. So I guess it my bad that I did not ask this question on time. But hopefully that won't reject my application. I called irs last week and they told me it will take at least 4 to 12 weeks before i get a transcript. Maybe by the time they send me rfe my transcript will be completed. Hopefully. I know I work that year but my employer refuse to give a w2 so I have to file in a different way. I hope uscis understand this in my letter to them. Anyway thanks again.

Edited by yulisa

I-130 JOURNEY FOR MOM

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

Hello everyone!

I've just passed the test and was recommended for approval, yay!

The officer called me in about 20 mins earlier than my scheduled appoinment. She was really corteous. The officer made me swear that I was going to tell the truth and then we went straight to the reading and writing test, then the US civics and history test. Some of the questions were:

How many senators are there?

What's the ocean on the east coast of the US?

When was the Constitution writen?

Name one State that borders with Mexico?

What is freedom of religion?

And, sorry, but I can't remember the sixth question.

She asked me some questions about the application, requested the last income tax transcript, made me sign the oath of allegiance and told me that I had passed and that she recommended me for approval. She made me review that my personal information was correct and told me to expect a letter with instructions for the oath ceremony on the mail.

I'll keep you posted on that.

Have a great day and good luck to the ones that continue to wait!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

Hello everyone!

The officer called me in about 20 mins earlier than my scheduled appoinment. She was really corteous. The officer made me swear that I was going to tell the truth and then we went straight to the reading and writing test, then the US civics and history test. Some of the questions were:

She asked me some questions about the application, requested the last income tax transcript, made me sign the oath of allegiance and told me that I had passed and that she recommended me for approval. She made me review that my personal information was correct and told me to expect a letter with instructions for the oath ceremony on the mail.

I just remembered the sixth question:

When should males register for Selective Service?

When should males register for Selective Service?[/quot

Congrats wish you all the best!!!!!

I-130 JOURNEY FOR MOM

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

Hello everyone!

When should males register for Selective Service?[/quot

Congrats wish you all the best!!!!!

Congrats!

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

hi, I have my interview in SF office on 22 April. I have copies of my last 5 years tax returns which I am taking for the interview (just in case if they ask), do I need to take the IRS Tax transcript too?

Timeline

hi, I have my interview in SF office on 22 April. I have copies of my last 5 years tax returns which I am taking for the interview (just in case if they ask), do I need to take the IRS Tax transcript too?

IRS Tax transcripts would be a great idea! Good luck to you.

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Thanks, I checked on the interview letter which says " if you do not have copies of your tax returns you may bring an IRS tax transcript". so looks like the tax return copies are enough.

Timeline

Thanks, I checked on the interview letter which says " if you do not have copies of your tax returns you may bring an IRS tax transcript". so looks like the tax return copies are enough.

:thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.